• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The hack is good but make a more easy way to get more money everything is over cost in the game and we don't get that much money make it so that we get a grass patch full of Pokemon holding valuable items and make it 100% that Pokemon has the item that way we won't have the money problems

In the docs you can find pokés to farm high price items with Thief. It will help you a lot.
    Also, did you use Amulet Coin or the money-related incense? I honestly had an easy time with money in this hack and was already at 999.999 before the 7th gym and even got to spend a lot at the cassino and still got back to 999.999 a few times and that was with just npc battles without hunting valuable items.

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
    Years
    • Age 22
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    This rom hack is great so far, wanted to wait until the gen 8 update but I couldn't wait, really great so far.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, I am recently playing Inclement Emerald on the latest version in Challenging Mode with a friend and we encountered two strange things:

1) Wattson doesn't know how to play around Lightning Rod Seaking, he just switches out continuously if Rotom-Mow has fainted, making the fight a complete joke.

2) Me and my friend decided to play Mega-Rayquaza (swag) for the League, we teached Dragon Ascent to it but when we mega-evolved it Delta Stream doesn't activate. He took damage from the sandstorm set by our Hippowdon and even switching him in after mega-evolving does not activate it.

Overall we are really liking the Hack, the best thing are surely the new areas that are seamlessly connected to the old ones, they give the Region so much more charm and I didn't think that it could've been possible. The only things we are not liking very much are the slow grinding, the level cap management (the caps are too high and too far from one-another, maybe some fights can be used as flags, like with Aqua/Magma admins or leaders, lower caps mean more pokémon you can level up and more teams can be used, which is the most fun you can get from hacks, I think.) and also even in challenging mode the Gyms were too easy, the Aqua/Magma leaders and Frontier Brains were harder and really fun, we suggest a difficulty level more like them.

I hope this helps to improve this amazing hack even more!
    Hey!
    - Yeah, most of his team is completely walled by Seaking so the AI freaks out when it's faced with one - it thinks it should switch, but after switching it realises it still can't do anything and switches again. I know why it does it, will hopefully have a fix for the next update.
    - The primal weather abilities aren't implemented yet, so Delta Stream does nothing for now.
    Glad you liked the new maps, I put a lot of effort in trying to make them fit in with the rest of the region! Not sure if you've been keeping your ROM updated as you played through, but if not, the latest patches have greatly sped up any grinding you might want to do - you can spawn Audinos with honey, everything has three perfect IVs minimum, and more. The caps are absolutely not too high - they're set to those levels for good reasons, with the main one being they're roughly what your level would be if you've battled every trainer. Some of the earlier ones are also based on when the Pokémon available at that point evolve, which is important if you're just using a team of six instead of building a counter-team for each gym. They're not just there to arbitrarily deny you experience! That said, I'll be adding more level cap options in future, including one that just lowers them all to unfair values for anyone who wants that! Personally I don't think they make much sense in an open region, but there's no harm in having more caps as an option, and there's plenty of demand for it. Some of the gyms are definitely too easy; they're waiting on certain gen 8 moves and Pokémon to get better teams, so they should be more interesting in future versions. There'll be a higher difficulty setting added later too.

Thanks for your feedback!

Have played one run through of this hack and absolutely loved it, best I've played. Have started all over again and just have one question, (I have tried to find the answer but have had no luck) is it possible to get the starters with their hidden abilities from the Game Corner? Want a Speed Boost Torchic and understand that I can use the ability patch on it but just wondered if I was able to get one this early? Happy to soft reset till I get one but also don't wanna be spending hours there if it's impossible.
    Thanks! No, the only way to get hidden abilities on Pokémon you can't catch in the wild is using an ability patch, so the game corner starters can't have their hidden abilities.
    Other than Pawniard I had no idea you could get all those tutor moves and TMs that early, and still have no idea how, so don't mind me, just another idiot :D
    Those moves are available as level up moves on several Pokémon rather than as TMs/tutors at that point, but you do get Bug Bite as a tutor immediately after Roxanne.
    This rom hack is great so far, wanted to wait until the gen 8 update but I couldn't wait, really great so far.
    Thanks! I'm getting close to being able to focus on gen 8 soon, not too many things left to fix in the older gens!

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    It appears the lucy fight is bugged. I'm playing the nuzlocke patch v1.6 and I lost two leftovers and my eviolite in the battle. I didn't realize until after I had already saved that they had been holding them at the beginning of battle, instead of leaving them on a pokemon I left in the box. Seems I've lost my eviolite for good now. Milotics competitive ability also didn't trigger even though its speed was lowered by sticky web

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022
    My boy is running well no crashes,no glitches and saves properly .Now the only thing left is to wait for the standard version !!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    I wanted to ask something:

Will there be any plans to buff some bad/useless in-battle abilities in the hack at some point (abilities like Illuminate, Anticipation, Run Away, Honey Gather and others)?

EDIT: you ever just forget to ask a question that you really wanted to ask? cause i did, so here it is, in edit form:

- I noticed that Snorlax and Garbodor don't have their Gigantamax forms ported over as Megas, any reason for that? I could assume that it's something like you having more important stuff to do first or just not having ideas for them, but I wanted to ask anyways.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    It appears the lucy fight is bugged. I'm playing the nuzlocke patch v1.6 and I lost two leftovers and my eviolite in the battle. I didn't realize until after I had already saved that they had been holding them at the beginning of battle, instead of leaving them on a pokemon I left in the box. Seems I've lost my eviolite for good now. Milotics competitive ability also didn't trigger even though its speed was lowered by sticky web
    Did you use Trick, Switcheroo or some similar effect that swaps items? It seems the engine is still using the gen 3 version of those moves, so items that are tricked away are permanently lost (if the AI steals your items they'll be returned though).
    I wanted to ask something:

Will there be any plans to buff some bad/useless in-battle abilities in the hack at some point (abilities like Illuminate, Anticipation, Run Away, Honey Gather and others)?

EDIT: you ever just forget to ask a question that you really wanted to ask? cause i did, so here it is, in edit form:

- I noticed that Snorlax and Garbodor don't have their Gigantamax forms ported over as Megas, any reason for that? I could assume that it's something like you having more important stuff to do first or just not having ideas for them, but I wanted to ask anyways.
    Probably yeah, don't know when though!
    No particular reason, Garbodor's Gigantamax form will likely be added as a mega at some point. Not sure about Snorlax as it's already very strong just by getting Slack Off in this hack; a mega might be a little too over the top.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    1.7.1 is now available! This is a quick bug fix release to fix the Safari Zone, but it also fixes a few minor bugs like stat change animations using the wrong colour. Details here: link.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2023
    Love the hack, excited for gen 8. Feel like this has the potential to overtake radical red as the best romhack imo. Wanted to know if there were plans for a few things.

More new areas? I found the new custom areas to be one of the most interesting features.

More custom megas and/or porting gigantamax forms as megas? RR ported some gigantamax forms into megas and it made some otherwise weaker pokemon really strong, like toxtricity.

More shiny hunting methods? The base rate being 1/1024 is already pretty good, but dexnav or breeding mechanics would be nice.

darkyy92

Creator of [b]Pokemon Elite Redux[/b]
    Years
  • Thank you so much for your work, Buffel Saft.
    I started playing the hack on iOS with Delta emulator. Sadly it already crashed when walking around when I didn't save in almost 30 minutes.
    Is this a problem with Delta emulator? I applied the patch exactly as you wrote (clean base etc.).
    Would love to play further.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Love the hack, excited for gen 8. Feel like this has the potential to overtake radical red as the best romhack imo. Wanted to know if there were plans for a few things.

More new areas? I found the new custom areas to be one of the most interesting features.

More custom megas and/or porting gigantamax forms as megas? RR ported some gigantamax forms into megas and it made some otherwise weaker pokemon really strong, like toxtricity.

More shiny hunting methods? The base rate being 1/1024 is already pretty good, but dexnav or breeding mechanics would be nice.
    Thanks!
    Yeah, there will definitely be more new areas. They'll mostly be used as places to put legendaries, so they probably won't be quite as extensive as some of the existing ones.
    More new megas are also planned, they'll be a mix of gigantamax mons and completely custom ones.
    I'll probably add chain fishing and some other chaining method at some point. It probably won't be a full-on dexnav as it'd be mostly redundant alongside the existing features, but some sort of radar/dexnav hybrid is likely.
    Thank you so much for your work, Buffel Saft.
    I started playing the hack on iOS with Delta emulator. Sadly it already crashed when walking around when I didn't save in almost 30 minutes.
    Is this a problem with Delta emulator? I applied the patch exactly as you wrote (clean base etc.).
    Would love to play further.
    You're welcome! I suspect it is an emulator issue, but I'm not familiar with the emulator options on iOS. If you can get retroarch set up with its mGBA core that should run better.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    I was just testing the level scaling by bringing a low level pokemon (Level 4) into a battle with a trainer. All pokemon were level 1 (As intended) but I ended by getting '$?0' as a reward for winning and I know have infinite money. If it matters it was School kid karen on route 116. Upon facing her with a leveled team she seems to be coded to be -5 of the level of the highest level. Using a level 4 as max means her level should be -1 which is impossible. I imagine the money rewards for trainer battles are level scaled? If they are the formula may have produced a negative value and thus confused the game and just gives max money?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I was just testing the level scaling by bringing a low level pokemon (Level 4) into a battle with a trainer. All pokemon were level 1 (As intended) but I ended by getting '$?0' as a reward for winning and I know have infinite money. If it matters it was School kid karen on route 116. Upon facing her with a leveled team she seems to be coded to be -5 of the level of the highest level. Using a level 4 as max means her level should be -1 which is impossible. I imagine the money rewards for trainer battles are level scaled? If they are the formula may have produced a negative value and thus confused the game and just gives max money?
    Yep that's exactly what's happened there, the trainer prize money code is bad and doesn't account for that scenario at all. Good catch! And thanks for letting me know, will fix it.
    How do I pick up cherish balls???!!
    The same way you pick up anything else.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022
    Yep that's exactly what's happened there, the trainer prize money code is bad and doesn't account for that scenario at all. Good catch! And thanks for letting me know, will fix it.

Like are they hidden items or just laying around everywhere visible to us

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022

It only hit me now , I understood it now haha

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022

Btw will I need to have a pokemon with pick up ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2023
    I'll probably add chain fishing and some other chaining method at some point. It probably won't be a full-on dexnav as it'd be mostly redundant alongside the existing features, but some sort of radar/dexnav hybrid is likely.

Any method of target farming a specific Mon with growing odds of shiny encounters would be appreciated. Legendaries and game corner purchases can just be soft reset until you get one, but finding a specific shiny in the wild can be a daunting task, especially the <10% encounter ones. Chains would go a long way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    I love the hack and look forward to the generation 8 pokemon to complete my ultimate team!

One thing I noticed is that Golduck's Cloud Nine ability doesn't seem to get rid of weather types. I raised one especially for my Bird-only team to get past the elite four hail team (I had no fire flying in my team), but it didn't seem to do anything.

Also a question regarding the woman at the light house in Slateport and a so called "Spencer" (in Fortree according to the docs). How to fight them? The woman says I am too weak, but I just beat the Elite four and all my pokemon are level 100.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Btw will I need to have a pokemon with pick up ?
    Of course, Pickup won't do anything f you don't have it in the party.
    I love the hack and look forward to the generation 8 pokemon to complete my ultimate team!

One thing I noticed is that Golduck's Cloud Nine ability doesn't seem to get rid of weather types. I raised one especially for my Bird-only team to get past the elite four hail team (I had no fire flying in my team), but it didn't seem to do anything.

Also a question regarding the woman at the light house in Slateport and a so called "Spencer" (in Fortree according to the docs). How to fight them? The woman says I am too weak, but I just beat the Elite four and all my pokemon are level 100.
    Thanks! Cloud Nine doesn't remove weather, just the effects of weather - it negates abilities like Slush Rush and removes Blizzard's perfect accuracy in hail, but the hail is still there.
    You need to beat Spencer before Greta will battle you, he can be found in the mart.

Back