• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Iridium

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    signaturetn.png

Hack Of: Fire Red
    Creator: Griin
    Language: English

Features:
    New Region -New region Yishira is a big island with no seasons.
    New Graphics -Beautiful new graphics, tiles, sprites
    New Pokémon -New region needs new Pokemon
    Amazing Environments -Deserts, mountains, snowy areas, volcanos...

Story:
    In Yishira trainers start their adventure when they are 10 years old.

You've just reched 10 and you can get your first Pokemon. Professor Orchid let you choice between 3 Yishira starter Pokemon. He also tells you that there is a team in Yishira causing major problems to weather so this is why there are no seasons in this region. You decided to find out what this team is doing...

Tools used:
    Advance map
    XSE
    APE
    Unlz
    Hex Workshop
    Characther maker pro
    Tileed 2002

Screenshots:
    wuky20.png
    33dw0hl.png
    2m7ats6.png
    2ihnuaa.png

pokemoniridium04.png
    pokemoniridium05.png
    pokemoniridium06.png
    pokemoniridium07.png

i26mxd.png
    bfmmgj.png
    jq17wk.png
    2ymhvnc.png

Downloads:
    No downloads yet

Credits:
    Thedeadheroalistair
    The Scarecrow Toxin
    Solspear

Last edited by a moderator:

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    I support you grinn, hope to see this hack progress well into the future. If you need help, you know where to find me :)

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Well, it all seems very generic; minus the 8 badges and Elite Four. However, you can go far since everyone has potential. The long grass tile looks very natural and I like it a lot. Along with the flowers, and water. The golden trees look out of place, though. You might wanna try replacing them with another green tree, just a different type. The mapping looks pretty decent from what I can see, but there aren't any scripts shown. You might want to work on that. Also, try adding other features, since the ones you have now are very common. Other than that, best of luck, I'll be watching.

EDIT: I also like the grass tile / you should try expanding more on the story.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I support you grinn, hope to see this hack progress well into the future. If you need help, you know where to find me :)

Thank you. I might need you soon.

Well, it all seems very generic; minus the 8 badges and Elite Four. However, you can go far since everyone has potential. The long grass tile looks very natural and I like it a lot. Along with the flowers, and water. The golden trees look out of place, though. You might wanna try replacing them with another green tree, just a different type. The mapping looks pretty decent from what I can see, but there aren't any scripts shown. You might want to work on that. Also, try adding other features, since the ones you have now are very common. Other than that, best of luck, I'll be watching.

EDIT: I also like the grass tile / you should try expanding more on the story.

Golden trees are there for the reson. You see the region have no seasons so that means that in some places you could se golden trees ( autumn trees), snowy paths and snowy trees ets. And no there is no scripts shown yet but i'll show them soon. And i'm thinking about new features too and working on story.
    But thank you anyway.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • It's awesome. I'd also like to see a bigger storyline, with more plots and twist, but that shouldn't be a problem with you. The mapping on the screenshots is very natural. I like the pond/lake and the wild grass tiles :) And If you need any help, I'll be glad to assist you. keep up the good work.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Pretty generic hack, IMO...
    Mapping is decent, and if you keep FRLG style tiles might be a good thing for your hack! It kinda has a retro feeling in it! :)
    but sereously, you need to improve your hack's features, add more scripts and post your starters, and so on....

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    thanks for alot of positive comments...

It's awesome. I'd also like to see a bigger storyline, with more plots and twist, but that shouldn't be a problem with you. The mapping on the screenshots is very natural. I like the pond/lake and the wild grass tiles :) And If you need any help, I'll be glad to assist you. keep up the good work.
    Bigger storyline comming up soon =D I'll need some OW's from you soon :P

Pretty generic hack, IMO...
    Mapping is decent, and if you keep FRLG style tiles might be a good thing for your hack! It kinda has a retro feeling in it! :)
    but sereously, you need to improve your hack's features, add more scripts and post your starters, and so on....
    I'll improve on hack's features and will post screen with scripts show in it but i won't reveal the starters yet..

UPDATE :

You guys wanted to see some scripts eh? So here we go.
    pokemoniridium04.png
    pokemoniridium05.png
    pokemoniridium06.png
    pokemoniridium07.png

And I'm preseting you first revealed new pokemon of Yishira region, Chocowo, the chocolate cow pokemon.
    i26mxd.png

Credits to Onylighto for sprite

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • That cow looks awesome ! Does it have a evo/pre-evo ? Anyways...I guess you want new hero OWs ? Cause you didn't insert my last ones.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • By looking at the screenshots I see lots of empty spaces in the maps. Try adding more people, decorations, etc. Though I love the cow sprite. :x And also maybe add more to the story. That would help. (= Good luck on this, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    That cow looks awesome ! Does it have a evo/pre-evo ? Anyways...I guess you want new hero OWs ? Cause you didn't insert my last ones.

No its a stand alone pokemon like Miltank, Tauros.. And no actually I need the hero ows you created if you still have them because i've formated my pc and lost everything. And also i would need some new ows.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I was wondering why you're using the exact same palette as Sienna's palette 1?
    332uno5.png

WTF! I'm sorry i was randomly chosing pallets through Advance map and liked this one. I'll change them. Sorry again
    But strange.. they look really different to me don't you think so ?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hmm... They look near identical. It'll probably okay for you to use them I'm just paranoid. n_n

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hmm... They look near identical. It'll probably okay for you to use them I'm just paranoid. n_n
    I thought Sienna used the default FR palettes? Weird..

On topic the grass tiles look wierd to me. The look swishy. As if there's a wind blowing. The Chocolate Cow looks fantastic! Very simple Gen. 1/Gen. 2 styled. I can't wait to see some more. Is there anything that stand out about it? Like its mythology or its movepool/ability? Or is a standard Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Sorry guys for no update but school is killing me. I have free december now so i'll work on Iridium again.
    But i won't left without single screenshoot.
    So here you go, Pokemon Iridium Titlescrreen ( not finished )
    bfmmgj.png

Credits for Sprite : Drigomen
    And a new textbox and new multichoice box
    jq17wk.png

Hope you like it : )

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    About the titlescreen (even though it's not finished yet, I'll just point it out). The background looks limited to shades of purple. You should use different palettes, to make it stand out, and somewhat vibrant. Like Yellow ground and brown walls. Just a suggestion. And the new textbox and multichoice box looks pretty good. ;D

Back