• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    ---------------------------------------------
    I have a question

will pokemon from X and Y be added in future versions? Since Pokemon showdown had 2D sprites of 6th gen pokemon
    I actually have a suggestion... maybe someone else said it, but you should update this with gen 6 pokemon. That would be cool!

Any plans to include gen 6 mons?
    Yes! But only in the 2.0, that will be only released, at least, after some years. I probably will include together with gen 7 mons.

Why? Because I want to make good use of new pokémon, not just throw all the pokémon at Pokémon Shop, I need to update the entire game according with Kalos pokémon and I have some very good ideas about how to do this.

Thanks for the feedback, anyway!
    Is Black Flute working properly? I come across wild pokemon literally 4 steps after using it.
    Yes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2014
    Been playing this game for some time now and every time I come here and see new version I get it and restart from the beginning, because I want to, not because I don't know how to continue from the old save.

I have 2 critique on 1.2e, I played about 3 minutes into the game and stop because of these two things.
    1) In the older version I could full screen the game and the game would center out on the screen. In this new version if I full screen (small/medium screen option) then game is anchored to the top left. If I use the large screen option full screen it, the game goes beyond my screen. Like I can only see 1/4th of the game on the screen rest is out of view. I truly miss the centered full screen feature. Playing in non full screen and being able to seen my desktop really kill the mood to play the game.

2) Fps drops. The game is extremely choppy for me. Right from the beginning (just after getting my Pokemon from Prof.oak) and idk why, I didn't have this in the last version I played which was 1.1j. There might have been versions between 1.1j and 1.2e but was busy playing other things. I've only gotten past the beach zone. I knows its not an issue with my system spec cause I run Skyrim/Planetside 2 on ultra.

Currently I've stopped playing because of the full screen issue and choppiness basically killed this much beloved game for me. I hope this feedback gives you some insight. I also hope you will address these issue.

And thank you such and awesome game XD.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Been playing this game for some time now and every time I come here and see new version I get it and restart from the beginning, because I want to, not because I don't know how to continue from the old save.

I have 2 critique on 1.2e, I played about 3 minutes into the game and stop because of these two things.
    1) In the older version I could full screen the game and the game would center out on the screen. In this new version if I full screen (small/medium screen option) then game is anchored to the top left. If I use the large screen option full screen it, the game goes beyond my screen. Like I can only see 1/4th of the game on the screen rest is out of view. I truly miss the centered full screen feature. Playing in non full screen and being able to seen my desktop really kill the mood to play the game.

2) Fps drops. The game is extremely choppy for me. Right from the beginning (just after getting my Pokemon from Prof.oak) and idk why, I didn't have this in the last version I played which was 1.1j. There might have been versions between 1.1j and 1.2e but was busy playing other things. I've only gotten past the beach zone. I knows its not an issue with my system spec cause I run Skyrim/Planetside 2 on ultra.

Currently I've stopped playing because of the full screen issue and choppiness basically killed this much beloved game for me. I hope this feedback gives you some insight. I also hope you will address these issue.

And thank you such and awesome game XD.
    1. Try this: Select a border, select medium screen size and press Alt+Enter. Working here.

2. This may be a Windows 8/8.1 issue with old games that uses DirectDraw Graphics. There's no bigger performance change (except for Pokémon Storage) from 1.1j to 1.2e, so I believe that 1.1j and 1.2e have the same problem at your computer.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there a reason why there are no attack animations? Because the battles get dull very quickly without them and it also makes a bit difficult to remember what moves you were hit with and that can be crucial.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2014
    Fulls screen Issue - solved, tyvm for the info.

FPS Issue - solved, thanks for the info about DirectDraw. I change the game from running on my GPU and instead I'm running it using my Integrated graphics. Now the FPS good enough to play.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Is there a reason why there are no attack animations? Because the battles get dull very quickly without them and it also makes a bit difficult to remember what moves you were hit with and that can be crucial.
    Because isn't viable to do the animation of hundreds of moves for this single game, this demands a huge time that I can use to do several other improvements. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, the visual memorization is a good point.

FPS Issue - solved, thanks for the info about DirectDraw. I change the game from running on my GPU and instead I'm running it using my Integrated graphics. Now the FPS good enough to play.
    Very good solution! Can you describle how you do this for other players (and me)?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Can you make a list of custom items and uses? You don't mention it all and i love this game. I just Don't know what to buy?

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
    Years
  • very nice! Is it portugal Portuguese or brazilian portuguese? If it is brazillian, do you want help to translate to PT Portuguese?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2014
    Sure its very simple,

There is two ways to go changing if the game runs in your integrated graphic or your GPU.

Method 1 (windows 8 and above, + NVIDIA cards)
    -When you are about to run the game (game.exe)
    -Right click the .exe and select "Run with Graphic Processor"
    -And that should give you two option, High performance NVIDIA processor, and Integrated graphics.
    -Chose "Integrated Graphics."
    -The game automatically start up using the on-board integrated graphics.

Method 2 (windows 8 and above, + NVIDIA cards)
    -Open up NVIDIA control panel by right clicking the desktop and choosing it.
    -Then select "manage 3D management setting."
    -Then under "Program setting" click "Add" and choose "Game.exe"
    -Then under "Select preferred graphics processor for this program" select "Integrated Graphics."
    -Click apply and run the game.

Method 2 is more complicated, but it is a permanent fix. Whereas method 1 is simpler and fast to do but needs to done every time you want to run the game.

Sometimes even after doing either method 1 or 2, the game still runs on its default setting, to solve this problem you need to use a 3rd party tool to delete the profile saved for the game, I recommend NVIDIA inspector. Just Google "Deleting game profiles using NVIDA inspector." Since its a third party tool I don't want to write instructions for it, I'll point you in the right direction and you can decide which tool is best for you. Once the profile is is deleted, just follow method 2 and everything should be fine.

Sorry but this is a solution for NVIDIA users , I don't know about ATI users. I'm sure there is a way for ATI users too.

Reactions: FL

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
    Years
  • Wedlocking now. I added some interesting rules, but, uhm, technically one Pokémon Shop Pokémon should be allowed because it's a 'new area'.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Can you make a list of custom items and uses? You don't mention it all and i love this game. I just Don't know what to buy?
    For the store items, just save, buy and read the descriptions. The most important custom item effects are in this Thread. If you wish for know some item effects, just ask here.

very nice! Is it portugal Portuguese or brazilian portuguese? If it is brazillian, do you want help to translate to PT Portuguese?
    Language: English and portuguese (Brazil) with english menus
    Thanks for the help, but the people generally prefer the english menus for the portuguese version.

Wedlocking now. I added some interesting rules, but, uhm, technically one Pokémon Shop Pokémon should be allowed because it's a 'new area'.
    I see no problem. Just do the rules that are good for you ;)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I saw in an earlier comment that the legendaries are available at the pokemon shop very late in the game. I know you addressed this already but wouldn't it make better sense to put them in an area currently inaccessible? The volcano area for one is where Moltres was in pokemon snap and one could at some point find a new path out deeper into the lava lake or perhaps use a fire type to "surf" with. Sam could be done with groudon in the volcano.

As I said though you already addressed this its just that it would make it less of a chore to get some of our favorite pokemon all things considered. Having to battle over and over is bad enough for EV training, needing to do it for money on top of it for legendary pokemon is kinda self-defeating since by the time you get the money for just one you're likely to beat the game anyway.

Speaking of EV training, I really wish there was an easier way to get the EV reducing berries, those things are very important after all, and getting just one of a random type in either the forest or the berry shop is very tedious.

Finally, in relation to EVs and stats, is it at all possible that we have hidden power with a fixed base power of 60 like X/Y? Every time I run my pokemon through a calculator to figure their hidden power no matter the nature and IVs, I keep getting either HP Dragon with a base of 30-40 or HP Poison of 50-60. It doesn't matter if I had caught a pikachu with a modest nature with "Mischevious" as a characteristic, or even if I bred a pokemon specifically with such values, the hidden power is either weak or has a bad type, or both. The only pokemon I have that has a decent hidden power is my Dewott with HP Fighting with a base of 68. I never did get to teach it the move though because I wanted to wait until after I EV trained it but this game appeares to want to make that an impossibility for me.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Ugh, I wish I could save before I get the Pokeballs, I just can't stand trying to start without a decent nature, I am not starting with a Brave Piplup.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I saw in an earlier comment that the legendaries are available at the pokemon shop very late in the game. I know you addressed this already but wouldn't it make better sense to put them in an area currently inaccessible? The volcano area for one is where Moltres was in pokemon snap and one could at some point find a new path out deeper into the lava lake or perhaps use a fire type to "surf" with. Sam could be done with groudon in the volcano.

As I said though you already addressed this its just that it would make it less of a chore to get some of our favorite pokemon all things considered. Having to battle over and over is bad enough for EV training, needing to do it for money on top of it for legendary pokemon is kinda self-defeating since by the time you get the money for just one you're likely to beat the game anyway.
    So we have around 3-5 legendaries from areas. I have a very better idea from 2.0.

Speaking of EV training, I really wish there was an easier way to get the EV reducing berries, those things are very important after all, and getting just one of a random type in either the forest or the berry shop is very tedious.
    I was thinking about Berry Orchard gave 4/5 berries per time.

Finally, in relation to EVs and stats, is it at all possible that we have hidden power with a fixed base power of 60 like X/Y? Every time I run my pokemon through a calculator to figure their hidden power no matter the nature and IVs, I keep getting either HP Dragon with a base of 30-40 or HP Poison of 50-60. It doesn't matter if I had caught a pikachu with a modest nature with "Mischevious" as a characteristic, or even if I bred a pokemon specifically with such values, the hidden power is either weak or has a bad type, or both. The only pokemon I have that has a decent hidden power is my Dewott with HP Fighting with a base of 68. I never did get to teach it the move though because I wanted to wait until after I EV trained it but this game appeares to want to make that an impossibility for me.
    Very good suggestion! I gonna implement this at version 1.3.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ugh, I wish I could save before I get the Pokeballs, I just can't stand trying to start without a decent nature, I am not starting with a Brave Piplup.
    Advancing fast in the texts (use the fast option), the introduction just takes 1-2 minutes, so this isn't too necessary.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm glad to hear what I said has been taken into consideration, thanks a lot for hearing me out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    hi. i just started. so far it looks great
    i wanted to know if i could further increase the gameplay speed with left shift ?
    or any other way
    thanks

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    hi. i just started. so far it looks great
    i wanted to know if i could further increase the gameplay speed with left shift ?
    or any other way
    thanks
    Put the text speed at "Fast" and use the bicycle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2015
    I have some questions i would like to ask:
    1.Are there any glitches I should worry about?
    2.Is there a special way to get legendary pokemon?
    3.HOW DO YOU COMPLETE THE GAME?!?!?!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I have some questions i would like to ask:
    1.Are there any glitches I should worry about?
    2.Is there a special way to get legendary pokemon?
    3.HOW DO YOU COMPLETE THE GAME?!?!?!

Answer 1: Nothing really, this game is technically complete so any issues in the game tend to be minor at worst.

Answer 2: At the moment legendaries are very late purchases at the pokemon shop. I dunno if that'll change in the next update planned, FL is the one to make that call.

Answer 3: Battle, of course lol

@ FL: I heard pokemon essentials is now in version 14 now as of a couple months ago, that might help with some of the ideas others have pitched to you if you think its a good idea.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2015
    Actually, I have 1 more question:
    I know now that most legendaries have to be purchased at the pokemon shop,but at what rank do you have to be to purchase the 1st one?

Back