• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    I found four of them in the space to the left of the entrance. Where is the fifth?
    All are in the zone at the left of the entrance. I don't know what one you missed.

Years
    • They or He
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Could you add in an option to lower the volume? I like to listen to stuff on youtube while I play the game. Apologies if this has been asked before! I just don't like having to click two options just to lower the volume.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Could you add in an option to lower the volume? I like to listen to stuff on youtube while I play the game. Apologies if this has been asked before! I just don't like having to click two options just to lower the volume.
    Press F1 and toggle BGS/SE and BGM/ME.

This is listed in the controls screen (on the changeless controls).

If this isn't enought and you wish an actual volume bar, let me know!

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    Ahhh I am stuck in the Pyramid. I got up to the part where you see the columns of statues, go right to the 5th opening, then go up, right, down, left, then back up, then right. But the door there leads to nowhere!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Ahhh I am stuck in the Pyramid. I got up to the part where you see the columns of statues, go right to the 5th opening, then go up, right, down, left, then back up, then right. But the door there leads to nowhere!
    Won't go to this room (the one with these columns on the upper floor). Before the door who leads to this floor, there is several statues on line in a corridor. Continue following in this corridor.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    Ahh got it. Went up to the top to turn on the light, back down to the left through the door.
    From that door, went straight left and hit the light, then the door.
    Stuck in the next room: entrance at the top, one door, and a bunch of options for lights. None of them seem to last long enough to get me to the door though. Which one do I go for?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Ahh got it. Went up to the top to turn on the light, back down to the left through the door.
    From that door, went straight left and hit the light, then the door.
    Stuck in the next room: entrance at the top, one door, and a bunch of options for lights. None of them seem to last long enough to get me to the door though. Which one do I go for?
    You are in the right room, but none of the lights of this room last long to go to the door. This is the trick.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    Woohoo I finished the pyramid, and with 104 steps remaining! Great sidequest, so creative!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Woohoo I finished the pyramid, and with 104 steps remaining! Great sidequest, so creative!
    Thanks! This part was made in less than 1 year ago, so, since I was more experienced with scripting, I tried to come with more elaborated puzzles/dungeons.

I probably will raise the steps from 500 to 600 from Desert Safari in version 2.1. Currently was too punitive. And the hiker at end will remind you the read messages.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I tried to change some instruments using Anvil Studio in the past, but didn't like the results (with few exceptions).

Still, there are many midis, you also said that this took hours.

You are right. Took me roughly 3-4 hours, and could have been faster if I didn't care much about fixing the volume disbalance.

Yep, there is a lot of midi that I can only found as piano.

Yes, it's not as bad though, but most of them have full instruments, which sounds pretty good with Gen3 instruments; though some instruments weren't in the soundfont and replaced by a piano. The effects of that are minor, though.

Good point. I used the "not required" at my last post just because I imagined that there is some reason about this. And there are.

Exactly. A fangame's popularity is usually far below the official games, so we all know what's best for Island, and for my channel. If I was to be a larger channel, I would probably use the Island category as I'd be showing the game to a rather big enough community, but I have a long way to go for that.

I almost put this yesterday. I guessed that since it was an extra, people can handle this, and if don't, people with ask, but you're right. An extra line is better than a small confusion for few people.

Right. I knew some people would ask "hey, the patch isn't working", so it's better to mention that.

And to end this post, I would appreciate to have my hands on a more recent intl.txt file, so I can hopefully translate Island to Spanish (better late than never), as I feel more capable of it than 8 years ago.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    Thanks! This part was made in less than 1 year ago, so, since I was more experienced with scripting, I tried to come with more elaborated puzzles/dungeons.

I probably will raise the steps from 500 to 600 from Desert Safari in version 2.1. Currently was too punitive. And the hiker at end will remind you the read messages.

It was an awesome challenge - super frustrating at some parts, but quite rewarding at the end!

Yet another question: where do I find the Froakie line?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    And to end this post, I would appreciate to have my hands on a more recent intl.txt file, so I can hopefully translate Island to Spanish (better late than never), as I feel more capable of it than 8 years ago.
    Okay! Let's talk by DMs.

Yet another question: where do I find the Froakie line?
    Sorry! You asked before but I missed your question. Get almost all pokémon and an event will happen at Research and Development Center.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    Okay! Let's talk by DMs.

Sorry! You asked before but I missed your question. Get almost all pokémon and an event will happen at Research and Development Center.

All good - thanks. I'm in the high 600s (maybe 670ish). Right now just trying to get as much money as possible to buy all the legendaries haha

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    How do I evolve Sinistea? Tried using the two Pots as an item, tried having them hold it as I used Link Stone.
    Anyway to tell in-game whether it's a Phony or not?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    Thanks - worked now.
    Where I get Dunsparce? I don't even have him as seen in the Pokedex

Back