• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    something's kinda odd.... theres a wild human? a stick?

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    This is a fantastic game!!! Best rom I've played, and the only glitch I've encountered is the Jenna starts saying you got the gaia badge when she said a second ago she said it was the inferno badge. And it says her name is Isaac. XD

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Revived because I have made the announcement that after a 2 year hiatus, I will be resuming production of this hack.

A big priority in the next release is to make sure the game is fully playable up to the 6th gym, with no mistakes. As such I will not be making much new content (besides redesigning towns). In addition, the L as Mind Read function will be implemented at least to the 4th gym (which is a LOT more work than it sounds).

Once this is complete, I will release V.6. REDUX, which is like a mega fixed Version 6 patch. Once I complete up to the 8th gym in both terms I will consider an official V.7 release.

Thank you for understanding and your interest!

IN OTHER NEWS, AN UPDATE ON THE FIRST GYM'S CITY:

Video:

A monorail? Yes! The city is much larger than before! And a seamstress from a foreign country? She seems pretty friendly but also gives you a very... strange item! I wonder what use this could be.

...level 100 starter not included. (daw)

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Oh, God, please don't. This thing looks amazing and NES-RPG-nostalgic and I love it. It's great when more unique things pop up.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Please tell me you'll be changing the maps, fakemon and tiles?

All of the three are not going to be changed. They look fine just the way they are.

Oh, and welcome back, Corvidae. 2 years ago, I had no idea what Golden Sun is. 2 years later, I think that it is one of the best games that Nintendo produced.

Good luck. I'll be tuned in for more updates.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • All of the three are not going to be changed. They look fine just the way they are.

Oh, and welcome back, Corvidae. 2 years ago, I had no idea what Golden Sun is. 2 years later, I think that it is one of the best games that Nintendo produced.

Good luck. I'll be tuned in for more updates.

Coming from the one who says AshGray has good mapping.
    No, they aren't. Maps are full of tile errors, tiles look glitchy and have horrible palettes, and the sprites have ugly designs, poor shading and look extremely flat.
    Neither of the three look fine just the way they are".
    Btw you're not Bruno Mars.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Coming from the one who says AshGray has good mapping.
    No, they aren't. Maps are full of tile errors, tiles look glitchy and have horrible palettes, and the sprites have ugly designs, poor shading and look extremely flat.
    Neither of the three look fine just the way they are".
    Btw you're not Bruno Mars.

Are you talking about the old version or the current version that she is working on?

If it's about the old version, I agree that all three of them needs changing.
    However, my comment is solely based on the current version.

Off topic: Ash Gray has really empty maps. I commented that on the corresponding thread.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm not changing the fakemon, but I'll try to make their sprites look better. (i.e., compare Krowpie in the video with previous editions). Mainly palette edits for now but some will be either cleaned up or completely redone.

I'm not spending the time to change the tiles unless they're actually required because that's not what this release is about. It's about fixing the glitches that made the game nigh unplayable and actually implementing the promised Mind Read feature. A big issue with the tiles is the lack of shadows and to be honest, at this point, I don't really care about that and its not a priority.

Maps will be getting a lot of fixes though; there are undeniable errors in both hit detection and the general mapping itself (egad, there's a lot of 1-tile walkways around here! Unacceptable!)

Also holy crap the story is trippin' but I think I'll keep it. :p

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
  • for making the hero backsprite animate tooo
    congratulations:D
    and the text fond too i think there is a toll that hack them bt i dont know whihc is it(maybe u know?)
    and as for the tiles...well they would need some tweaks but they can be accepted snakewood have the ruby tiles too and isnt that bad.
    well good luck in getting this hack after 2 years

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
  • Glad to see your back. Pokemon Jupiter was one of my favourite ROM hacks, and is definitely an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work mate, looking forward to seeing more. :)

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Okay, a few things have been fixed with the area before the first gym:

- Moloch won't just "appear" and not do anything (you need a certain item in order to activate his event, which makes it look like he's not responding at all)
    - Every starter learns a move before level 12 that will be able to help with the first gym leader's Pokemon Flamonder (the phoenix thing). In addition, I changed Chinchia's stats so that he could be able to handle the thing for more than just one turn. :p
    - Speaking of Flamonder...
    Pokémon Jupiter Version

Each of the Pokemon with sprites borrowed from Golden Sun will finally be getting their own sprites (except for Stick)
    - Route 304 has higher level Pokemon, so you're not running into a bunch of level 4's to train for a level 14-15 battle.
    - Odd Sample had a reappearing glitch that would allow you to get infinite Great Balls. Although I still have no idea why people were having difficulty finding the Odd Sample to begin with... er...
    - Maps have become a bit more navigable with less "one-tile annoyance passages".
    - Lepurr's evolution, Kittomen, has a branched evolution path with three possible Pokemon at level 30.
    - Game can play up to 7 tracks at a time, as opposed to 5 previously. In addition, some sound effects have had their track limits trimmed to allow music to have more tracks; this affects about 15% of SFX.

To do:
    - Mind Read scripts have been implemented to about Styxwater City. I want to get them up to Woodward before a beta is released.
    - Add more trainers so that its easier to train

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Okay, a few things have been fixed with the area before the first gym:

- Moloch won't just "appear" and not do anything (you need a certain item in order to activate his event, which makes it look like he's not responding at all)
    - Every starter learns a move before level 12 that will be able to help with the first gym leader's Pokemon Flamonder (the phoenix thing). In addition, I changed Chinchia's stats so that he could be able to handle the thing for more than just one turn. :p
    - Speaking of Flamonder...
    Pokémon Jupiter Version

Each of the Pokemon with sprites borrowed from Golden Sun will finally be getting their own sprites (except for Stick)
    - Route 304 has higher level Pokemon, so you're not running into a bunch of level 4's to train for a level 14-15 battle.
    - Odd Sample had a reappearing glitch that would allow you to get infinite Great Balls. Although I still have no idea why people were having difficulty finding the Odd Sample to begin with... er...
    - Maps have become a bit more navigable with less "one-tile annoyance passages".
    - Lepurr's evolution, Kittomen, has a branched evolution path with three possible Pokemon at level 30.
    - Game can play up to 7 tracks at a time, as opposed to 5 previously. In addition, some sound effects have had their track limits trimmed to allow music to have more tracks; this affects about 15% of SFX.

To do:
    - Mind Read scripts have been implemented to about Styxwater City. I want to get them up to Woodward before a beta is released.
    - Add more trainers so that its easier to train
    ..........Oh my god, thats an epic Flamonder sprite right there xDD
    And welcome back Corvidade and keep up the good work with pokemon jupiter :)

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Thanks! Flamonder is like a fox/phoenix, Hydragull is a Frigatebird, and Grifiklaw and Mantasting will remain a Griffon and Mantacore respectively.

Well I'm currently working on inserting a Mind Read script onto every NPC up to the second gym. I'm going to release a beta that basically removes the lady who lets you teleport to Route 309 so you'll be stuck there... but I'd rather have people absolutely iron out this section before anything...

Also I'm thinking about making it possible to catch a certain legendary in an "always shiny" event, but it will be very difficult to unlock.

In the meantime I have a few more videos:

This shows how I *finally* managed to make it so that more tracks play at once, allowing for MUCH better sounding music.

Just some fun with the Mind Read script...

I will also be uploading videos to ROMHackTube, more "uncut" videos so that I don't have to cover my regular channel in a bunch of random stuff. You can go here to watch the videos

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • The story was never meant to be the next epic. I think I'll keep the story but update it to current times. It was meant to be so silly that you say "wuuuuut?!" when you're playing it.

Xigbar02ii

Xigbar's best buddy
    Years
  • Aww man this game is awesome!! Found a weird little thing, when you enter the 1st gym, the door turns blue... Also, anyone know where to find slakoth so i can get the little boy's riolu? Can't wait for next beta, and the fakemon are awesome and actually look cool for once.

EDIT: Found 2 little things, the hiker in Darkfall cave doesn't say anything, I guess he gives flash, but I got through. Also, is Charon supposed to say something before the battle? Cause he wont say anything....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back