• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Kanto Reloaded (Now in Open Beta)

Years
    • He/Him and They/Them
    • Canada
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Omg this game is amazing! I just started it, but I already love how it has that randomizer feel without going too far. Might there be documentation for the game that includes possible encounters, trainer teams, etc?

Years
    Omg this game is amazing! I just started it, but I already love how it has that randomizer feel without going too far. Might there be documentation for the game that includes possible encounters, trainer teams, etc?

I should eventually write that up for reference. If you're curious about any specific trainer, you can always check out the trainers.txt file in the PBS folder, but it'd be a good idea to have a guidebook-style reference, too.

I appreciate the kind words!

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokémon: Kanto Reloaded (Now in Open Beta)

I NEVER WANT TO SEE THE S.S. ANNE AGAIN.

"Next update shouldn't take too long," I said, not realizing just how big a project the S.S. Anne was actually going to be. Admittedly, I took the opportunity of a self-contained "dungeon" like the S.S. Anne to try out a few new randomization ideas, and they came out pretty well! Each playthrough you'll get a unique combination of guest rooms, items will show up in different spots, and the final quest destination will be in a random cabin. But all that, combined with me re-writing the entire questline twice, caused this one area to take just an insane amount of time. And I'm not even done - I noticed just before uploading that I didn't space out the cabins enough on the map, so you can see into adjacent cabins at the edge of the screen. Thanks to the randomized map transitions, that is going to take some time to fix after I adjust the map, so I'm saving that for next update.

ANYWAY, the Version 0.1.2 download is here.

The S.S. Anne features a bit of an expanded questline that sees you briefly tracking down a thief instead of just aimlessly wandering the ship. Lt. Surge enters the picture as a possible Gym Leader in Vermilion and all prior cities; we're up to 6 options in that regard (one-third of the way done!). I'm also partway through making some major changes, including randomized item ball locations, and an overhaul of many, many moves and evolutions for balance purposes. These will continue to be worked on through the next few updates.

Finally, you may notice a small little detail tucked away in the changelog: Wattrel and Kilowattrel have been added to the game. Yes, this means that all Gen IX Pokémon will also (eventually) be included. I needed a low-level option to counter a potential Ground-type sweep of the Electric gym if you get it early, and Wattrel fit the bill extremely well. After thinking on it, there's some Gen IX Pokémon that I really, really like, and with more and more Gen IX resources out there, I decided to reverse my stance and start incorporating them into the game (though it will be piecemeal). Next update will include the Vermilion Gym.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Continuing where I left off - it's well done. Looking forward to Mt.Moon! and getting Scissors/Cut :P
    I have to ask if you plan to change Trade/odd evolution methods?

ps. the end of the SS.Anne was hilarious!

Last edited:

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    I detail my experience with downloading the game.

Spoiler:

Here's the "That's too much; I need a summary on this Twitter novel" rundown: I love it. Thank you so much!

Years
    I have to ask if you plan to change Trade/odd evolution methods?

Yes! Either next update or the one after. I've put it off since we've only been dealing with Pokemon Lv20 and below thus far, but now that we're approaching common evolution levels, it's at the top of my to-do list.

* Early game encounters (Route 1, Route 2, and Route 22) include Patrat, Fletchling, Poochyena, Surskit (for some reason), Spinarak, Slowpoke (very nice early game inclusion), Wattrel, and Yamper

* I'm going to grind for a while until my Fennekin, Poochyena, Slowpoke, and Yamper are ready to give my rival a butt-kicking.

This right here is what I love hearing about. The different Pokemon you find and the teams you can put together. You managed to roll both early Electric options (plus a potential Pikachu in Viridian Forest as per tradition); you'll blow through Misty or Falkner if you get one of them in the first gym.

ps. the end of the SS.Anne was hilarious!

I am SO HAPPY someone else thinks so! I was laughing my ass off when I came up with it, but I didn't know if it was just my own weird sense of humor or not.

By the way, if you couldn't tell, extinct Pokemon are becoming a running theme in the story. This is intentional.

Last edited:

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    You know it's funny because I actually did get Misty as my first Gym Leader! I'm not joking. I could hardly believe my luck. To think I was worried I wasted the Timer Ball on a Viridian Forest Pikachu!

I just arrived in Pewter City when I took a break to eat something and chat with a friend online, so I'm guessing I have to venture into the new Pewter Cave before I fight Gym Leader #1. Oh, well, I'll figure it out.

One thing though: I want to verify where my save file is. It's the one file in the "Pokémon Kanto Reloaded" inside the Windows "Roaming" folder, right? Since the game's built with replayability in mind, I'd kind of like to copy my save file to a separate folder and start anew sometime to see the other gym leaders, wild encounters, etc. I just wanted to make sure that's the file I would need back up because I will probably want to continue this file I am on when the next update happens. I hope I worded this in a way that makes sense.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    You know it's funny because I actually did get Misty as my first Gym Leader! I'm not joking. I could hardly believe my luck. To think I was worried I wasted the Timer Ball on a Viridian Forest Pikachu!

I just arrived in Pewter City when I took a break to eat something and chat with a friend online, so I'm guessing I have to venture into the new Pewter Cave before I fight Gym Leader #1. Oh, well, I'll figure it out.

One thing though: I want to verify where my save file is. It's the one file in the "Pokémon Kanto Reloaded" inside the Windows "Roaming" folder, right? Since the game's built with replayability in mind, I'd kind of like to copy my save file to a separate folder and start anew sometime to see the other gym leaders, wild encounters, etc. I just wanted to make sure that's the file I would need back up because I will probably want to continue this file I am on when the next update happens. I hope I worded this in a way that makes sense.

Yes it should be in the roaming folder. You can always rename your file to something like "Game1.rx data" instead and it will let you create a new save file when starting the game. When you want to go back to using that same save when the next part comes out. you would rename the newer file to something else, and remove the "1" from your original file. and it will load up with the original once more.

Years
    Yes it should be in the roaming folder. You can always rename your file to something like "Game1.rx data" instead and it will let you create a new save file when starting the game. When you want to go back to using that same save when the next part comes out. you would rename the newer file to something else, and remove the "1" from your original file. and it will load up with the original once more.

This is correct. Though I would recommend naming them something unique so you don't get confused if you have multiple backup saves. As long as one is named "Game.rxdata", that's the one the game will use.

You're correct. All gyms require some sort of sidequest to be completed before facing the Leader (in Pewter City it's literally just "visit Pewter Cave"). If you're ever unsure, the Gym Guide inside each gym will point you in the right direction if you haven't "unlocked" the Gym yet.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    Much thanks to you both.

Unfortunately, the (now level 9) Pikachu I caught doesn't know Thundershock. Is this like Leaf Green Vulpix where the Pokemon starts off without the damaging STAB move (effectively having learned it at level 1 and forgotten it before I caught it)? Is there an explanation as to why it doesn't know Thundershock, or will it learn it at level 10 or 11?

Also, thank you so much for putting the starter in a premier ball. You're too kind!

Years
    All movesets are currently standard as they come in the Generation 8 Pack, I haven't touched the PBS except to add TM compatibility. Meaning this is Pikachu's official Gen 8 moveset. Aaand from a quick glance, it looks like you won't be getting an Electric move until Electro Ball at Lv12. It is indeed like you guessed, it knew it at Lv1 and forgot it. These are the things that will be fixed when I finally get around to working on movesets, but that is down the road.

For the record, if you have questions about moves a Pokemon learns, you can get that info in-game from the ADV tab on each Pokemon's Pokedex entry. You can also look at the PBS files, which are left in the download, if you like. Or, since it's currently official Gen 8 movesets, Bulbapedia/Serebii will have all that info, too.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

TLDR I didn't need it after all.

Years
    • He/Him and They/Them
    • Canada
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    -nevermind the fact i forgot abt this game for a while-

My first Gym Leader was selected to be Erika, and after beating both of her Trainers, I can't walk on the flowers surrounding Erika, and I don't know how to get rid of them. Help pls?

Years
    -nevermind the fact i forgot abt this game for a while-

My first Gym Leader was selected to be Erika, and after beating both of her Trainers, I can't walk on the flowers surrounding Erika, and I don't know how to get rid of them. Help pls?

That's on my end, sorry. I'll fix it soon; there's been enough little issues cropping up to warrant a hotfix before the next update.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    As long as we're reporting bugs, there's some sprites in Viridian City that shouldn't be there. It looks part of a building tileset that wasn't entirely removed.

Years
    Hotfix is out, version 0.1.3

This fixes the crashes and softlocks that have popped up, including the SS Anne crash, the tile passibility issue in Erika's gym, and the crash if your partnered Gym Leader runs out of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    I caught a Milcery from Gen VIII in this game. Will it evolve into the same form regardless of what I do? Bulbapedia has information on how to get any form you want in the official SwSh titles, but I'm assuming from the txt file, which just lists a Razz Berry as the evolution method, that there's only one form of it in the current game. It's okay if it is. I just think it's something I should know about if I'm going to have it on my team.

Years
    I caught a Milcery from Gen VIII in this game. Will it evolve into the same form regardless of what I do? Bulbapedia has information on how to get any form you want in the official SwSh titles, but I'm assuming from the txt file, which just lists a Razz Berry as the evolution method, that there's only one form of it in the current game. It's okay if it is. I just think it's something I should know about if I'm going to have it on my team.

Currently it will always evolve into base form Alcremie. Had to be done as a placeholder; it'll change once I overhaul the evolution methods.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    I was expecting you to give an immediate "no." Thank you. I guess I'll hold off on that evolution until such an update comes. What update exactly were you planning on fixing the evolution methods? I understand this is a big project, but I hope it's not too many updates away. I don't want to go up against the final gym leader with Milcery still unevolved (though thankfully it's not a case of missing out on moves because of late evolution). Good luck with the next update by the way.

Years
    I was expecting you to give an immediate "no." Thank you. I guess I'll hold off on that evolution until such an update comes. What update exactly were you planning on fixing the evolution methods? I understand this is a big project, but I hope it's not too many updates away. I don't want to go up against the final gym leader with Milcery still unevolved (though thankfully it's not a case of missing out on moves because of late evolution). Good luck with the next update by the way.

Literally either next update or the one after! It's at the top of the to-do list.

I'm most likely going to have Alcremie's form determined by which berry Milcery holds when it evolves, though I'll probably reduce the overall number of forms to compensate.

Back