• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Legacy of the Dragon Islands [T] [IC Thread]

Years
  • Jacob arrived at the entrance to the lab, his new shoes soaking wet. The guides said their goodbyes to all of them, but Jacob stood as far away as possible from the scene. The lab in front of them was a nice building, not too overly large, but one could definitely tell it was of importance. Inside of the building was overwhelming. Everywhere Jacob looked there were vials, books, scientists, and pokemon. The group of trainers stopped in front of a man that seemed to have a sense of strength around him and woman with long black hair and a lab coat, who soon began to talk to the trainers.

"Hello, and welcome to the Dragon Islands. I'm Professor Evelyn Wheat, the head scientist here at the lab. Beside me is Anthony Vargas, the eighth gym leader on the Dragon Islands. Before I start to ramble on, how about you get your pokemon that you were promised? How about you first?" she asked, pointing at one of the other trainers there. He looked to be studious, and also a little stuck up. The pokemon he received was a Litwick. Jacob had never seen one before, but the trainer looked as if he didn't want it, so it musn't be too amazing.

Next came a trainer that looked a little older than the first, only by a year or two. He got an Abra from the professor, and looked pretty happy about it. Jacob knew what an Abra was, as a couple people at his school had one. If you knew how to use it, it was a devastating pokemon. And lastly was a trainer that was seemingly older than the others, and was wearing quite a bit of blue. A Pichu came out of his pokeball, and then shocked him bringing a small smile to Jacob's face, not that he wouldn't have done the same thing.

"Alright it's your turn!" The professor's voice cut through Jacob's thoughts as he realized it was him that she was pointing at. "Step up here and tell us your name please"

Jacob walked in front of the other trainers and thought of what to say. "Uhh... I'm wet. I mean Jacob Mill. My name's Jacob Mill." His face instantly went from normal to blood red.

"Haha alright Jacob. Come with me."

At the back of the lab was a table with pokeballs on it. They all looked the same, but Prof. Wheat knew which was quickly. She pressed the button on the front of the pokeball, releasing a pokemon familiar to everyone in the Hoenn region, a Seedot.

"I see you recognize this pokemon. It's a Seedot. He likes to pull tricks on the other pokemon in the lab, and is well known for that. They grow fast, but can be hard to train because of the general weakness of the species. I hope you like it. Oh, and I'm putting money in your bank account, able to be withdrawn at anytime, but spend it wisely. Here is some to start you off."

Prof. Wheat handed Jacob the pokeball and money and walked off to another table for a couple minutes. While she was gone, Jacob reached down to the Seedot that was going to be his partner for the journey. At the slightest touch, the acorn pokemon fell over, looking almost dead. Jacob looked up worriedly when the Professor came back.

"Haha, he's just playing around. Here is a phone to use for your journey. It comes programmed with my number and the number's of your guides. The camera will also recognize any pokemon and give you a small message about it. Also, take these pokeballs for any new additions you may want. Now hurry outside where Anthony will be waiting for you."

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • @Rafael p, a short and to the point post, I look forwards to your battle with either star_struck_baka or myself.

@kitred123, good work catching up I award 1[TP], try to find someone willing to do a joint post battle next.

@miltankRancher, continued good work, keep it up.

Also if you havent already read then trainer points can be used to get things. Just read the opening post in the OOC thread for instructions. When you want to catch a Pokemon don't foget to fill in the short form so that I can aprove it. I want to see how this system works if it doesn't do well I'll get rid of it later.

Years
  • Jade entered the lab Right in step with everyone else. She quickly sat in the back of the pack of trainers. She listened as Professor Wheat introduced her self. She looked at the Prof's long black hair. When Jade took out her pigtails her hair was a similar length. Jade never did that though she adored her pigtails they were comfy when she moved around and stayed out of the way when she did stuff.
    Jade watched attentively as people got their new partners. She carefully examined the Pokemon remaining waiting for her own turn to come. She kept her posture patiently
    " its your turn!" said professor Wheat. Jade looked up at the much taller professor and nodded. She Analyzed the pokeballs carefully.
    "hmm" jade mumbled before picking up a pokeball. She looked at the professor. " thank you" she said politely. She held the pokeball in her hand. She played with it rolling it in her palm.
    ' hmm i wonder which pokemon you are' she thought to herself looking at the pokeball. She threw it up in the air releasing it and quickly caught the small pokemon that came out. The little pokemon Had a egg on it Bottom half with peculiar triangles on it. It head was like the top three points of a star. It had small eyes and a happy expression
    " Its a Togepi?" Jade said looking at the pokemon. " aren't these things like basically sitting ducks?" she said looking at it. " oh well its okay i'll train you well." she said quietly to the pokemon. Patting it head. The Togepi Squealed happily. Jade let out a small laugh. " easily entertained aren't we?" she said to the pokemon. " tha'ts okay" she said and continued to goof off with the small pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Laying by the pool in her hot pink swimsuit, white cat-eye sunglasses covered the blondes deep blue eyes. Sipping on a glass of ice tea, Kinnereth actually seemed to be enjoying herself. "You know, Cook, maybe this wasn't a bad idea after all."

Sitting in the shadow of a large umbrella, the butler smiled and nodded. It was always impossible to tell what exactly he was thinking. "Enjoy it while you can. This will be a long journ—"

"Yeah yeah." The girl mocked, cutting off the man. "Not like dragons are gonna attack us or something."

Hours passed and the two stayed silent. The girl lounged in the luxury of the uv rays while Cook sat upright, constantly wiping the beaded sweat off his forehead. After listening to the loudspeaker, Kinnereth let out a loud "ugh", expressing her frustration vocally. Taking a final sip from her drink, she threw on a white long-sleeve shirt and a pink tutu and headed downstairs with Cook following closely behind.

The duo was met with three older beings that seemed to be in their twenties. One was a muscular man who introduced himself as Ken. Next to him stood a shorter, sleeker male whose name was Chris. And to his right was a tall brunette named Jess. The boy standing in the middle, Chris, asked to see their certificate. Patting her body, "Nope. Don't got it. Guess I gotta go home now," Kinnereth loudly stated.

Letting out a chuckle, Cook reached into his breast pocket and pulled out the certificate and handed it to Chris.

"Ah, Miss Hawthorne. Yes. We were expecting you." Clearing his throat, Chris adjusted his attention to the butler. "If youll follow us, please." Motioning his hand, "Well be arriving at Altaria Island shortly." Walking to the side of the large ship, two of the three guides pulled out a pokeball and released their pokemon in the middle of the ocean.

Years
  • ((OOC: In the first corner, wearing blue, standing with his Pichu, miltankRancher! And in the second corner, wearing orange, standing with his Seedot, kitred123!))

Darron waited as each of the contestants got their Pokemon. He decided that as soon as everybody gets their Pokemon, he would challenge one of them to a battle. He was the third one to get his Pokemon, and the fourth one is already with the Professor. Within a few minutes, he stepped out with a Seedot. The little Pokemon seemed to be a little sickly. Wow, that Pokemon looked like he could be toppled by the wind any moment now.

"I am getting impatient already! Anyone up for a quick battle?"

Jacob walked out of the laboratory with his Seedot at his side. The little guy didn't seem like he would be any trouble, but the professor said he was, so he was waiting for anything. Before he was even able to look around at the other trainers, one of them started to speak up.

"I am getting impatient already! Anyone up for a quick battle?"

The outcome was inevitable. Whether Jacob responded to this or not, he was going to have to battle somebody. Now was as good of a time as any other, so he slowly made his way over to the trainer.

"Uhh... yeah. Sure, I'll battle you. I mean my Seedot will gladly bat.. Or I will figh- Oh shoot..."

His mouth had opened and yet again he embarrassed himself. His face began to turn a pink color, so he looked down at the ground, waiting for a response from his challenger.

The guy with the Seedot approached him.

"Uhh... yeah. Sure, I'll battle you. I mean my Seedot will gladly bat.. Or I will figh- Oh shoot..." The guy stammered. However, probably out of embarrassment and such, he turned pink, and faced the ground. Darron could barely maintain the chuckles.

"All right. If you say so," Darron said. He took three steps backward. "I'm warning you. I am tough," he said. He threw a Pokeball, and out came his Pichu. "My name is Darron by the way. And this here is my partner, Pichu."

Jacob watched closely as the other trainer let out his pokemon, it slowly started to take shape, and was soon recognizable as a Pichu.

"My name is Darron by the way. And this here is my partner, Pichu."

Jacob leaned over to his Seedot. "Alright Seedot. We are gonna battle them now. Uhh.. So go get 'em," he said, nudging his pokemon closer into the battlefield they were using. The Seedot happily hopped along halfway between Jacob and Darron and stopped, crouching down in a stance that said "Let's go!"

His Seedot hopped between Jacob and Pichu. It is trying its hard to pull a serious face. Pichu just cocked its head to the side.

"Alright, I guess we'll start this battle rolling! Pichu! Get a grip now, and use Volt Tackle! Quickly!"

"Seedot!" Jacob yelled as the little yellow pokemon slammed into his Seedot. Being as Seedot was a Grass-type, and Volt Tackle was Electric, Seedot shook it off fairly quickly.

"Seedot retaliate with Bullet Seed!"

The acorn pokemon glowed a green/white color, and soon began to spit the same colored seeds out of his mouth, heading towards the Pichu that just hit him.

Pichu was pushed back as three of the seeds hit him. He cried out. "No, Pichu! C'mon! Another Volt Tackle!" Pichu crackled with electricity this time. Darron knew that the attack would not really do much damage, so he ordered another follow-up attack.

"Tail Whip afterwards, and proceed to another Volt Tackle!"

Jacob watched as his Seedot was hit by another Volt Tackle. The acorn pokemon shook it off, but Jacob could tell it was still hurting. As Pichu was gearing up for another attack, Jacob yelled out to Seedot.

"Seedot! It's gonna hit again. This time use Bide to take it in and hit back with even more force."

The opponent's Pichu started running at Seedot, who was now glowing ready to take the hit a third time. Jacob could only watch to see whether Seedot would succeed or not.

"Seedot! It's gonna hit again. This time use Bide to take it in and hit back with even more force," Jacob ordered the Pokemon. Bide? No!

"Pichu! Stop it!" Darron shouted, but he was too late. The Pichu crashed into the Seedot with another tremendous force. The Seedot simply shook off the attack. "Pichu! The Bide has finished charging! Whatever it takes, don't let that Seedot hit you!" Darron shouted. He gritted his teeth. He may have had taken the upper hand early in the battle, but Bide could easily take down Pichu with one hit. He dealt a lot of damage already, but it was going to be returned to Pichu. Doubly.

Jacob let out a small laugh as he saw his opponent freak out a little bit. He knew that if he was going to win this battle, he would have to take over now.

"Seedot, unleash the charge! Finish the Bite.. I mean Bide!"

Seedot's body began to glow a bright red, and was soon charging after the opponents Pichu, who was doing everything it could to not get hit. Come on Seedot! Don't miss this one.

Darron heard the chuckle. His opponent knew he gained the advantage this round. The Seedot rushed towards Darron's Pichu, who was frantically backing up towards his trainer.

"Pichu! Don't fail me now! Evade!" Pichu tried jumping at the last moment, but the Seedot still got him. His Pichu stood up, dazed and weak, but not out. "Good job, Pichu!" He let the Pichu stagger first on the spot. "Now, let's finish-" Before Darron could finish what he has to say, Pichu fell in the spot. "No, Pichu!" HE recalled his Pokemon before further damage would be taken. "I have to say, you're good."

Jacob watched as Seedot flung itself into the Pichu, weakening it almost beyond fighting power. He was about to call for a Bullet Seed when Darron recalled his pokemon. Jacob was walking over to congratulate his Seedot when Darron spoke up. "I have to say, you're good."

Jacob looked up and could feel his face getting hot, Oh no. I bet everybody is focused on me now. Don't mess up Jacob, don't mess up..

"Oh thanks. You put up a..." his mind blanked, "...a-a good fight. I thought you were winner." He looked back down and pet the pokemon by his feet, not noticing his mistake.

"Oh, please. You one-hit my Pokemon. That ain't a good fight," Darron grumbled. "First battle and I lost, could you please remind me why I hated this idea in the first place?"

"Heh, yeah, I suppose. You had me going for awhile though with your uhh.... barrage. You would've won if Seedot wasn't... strong against Electric. We should see what...." Jacob slowly stopped talking, thinking he had been going for a long time. He stood back up and returned Seedot to his pokeball, looking around. Well, now what?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023

"How beautiful!" Kinnereth could barely contain her excitement. Tugging at Cooks pant leg, she began to jump around and point at the large water-type.

"This heres a Lapras," explained Jessica. A wide smile was spread across her face, "You wanna pet her?"

Slightly afraid, this marked the first time Kinnereth would interact with a pokemon. But suddenly, a feeling of calm and bliss overcame the young girl. Nodding, she walked over to Jessica and began to stroke the pokemon. As she touched the Lapras, she entered a small giggle fit. "I feel funny!"

Once familiar with the transport pokemon, Ken swooped the blonde up and placed her atop the Lapras. Letting out a small squeal, she clutched onto the pokemons shell. Soon after, Jessica took a seat, positioning Kinnereth between her legs. Just as Cook was about to board the pokemon, Kinnereth stuck her tongue out and yelled, "Girls only!" As the guides chuckled, Ken helped Cook board the Wailord and soon before long, the group was making their way to Altaria Island.

Dewgong, Finnion, and other water-types herded around the Lapras. It wasn't even midday, but thanks to Jessicas parasol, the two were well-hidden from the sunlight. They made small talk about various subjects such as fashion, television, and music. After a few giggles, Kinnereth confessed, "Usually im not nice, but youre pretty. So its okay."

"Why thank you, Kinnereth. Youre very pretty too," escaped Jessicas soft lips.

"I know," said the young blonde as she flipped her curls off of her shoulder.

Entranced by the laughter, the ride to Altaria Island seemed much shorter than it actually was. With Cook and Ken trailing not far behind, the two girls spent their last few moments together playing with each others hair and examining each others nails. But as soon as the boys arrived, Jessica and Kinnereth gently stepped down from the Lapras. Shellder and Corphish littered the beach along with the occasional Wooper. Unsure how to feel, the nine year old walked over to Cook and flashed a pearly smile. Grabbing a hold of the gentlemans hand, the four of them sifted their way through the tall grass and ended up at the Altaria Lab entrance.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • Great work everyone!

@miltankRancher! & kitred123, a good joint post you two, plenty of action and enough description to keep it interesting.

[Pichu grew to level 11]

[Seedot grew to level 11]

If you are looking for what to do now then please look back at chapter two. You are now free to travel along the road to Newport but being the GM I will give you a start :)
    See bellow

@ Quicksand.
    I'm glad to see your doing well too keep up the good work, I want to see what Kinnereth gets up to next.

Anthony watched the two young trainers battle their Pokemon with interest. They had taken to it naturally, in fact they were so engrossed that they didn't either notice his attention. He glanced over at the other young people gathered, to him the fact that they had been selected was astonishing surely there were other more talented people out there. Yet just watching the two trainers gave him confidence that the right choice had been made. As the battle came to an end Anthonyapplauded the two trainers and their Pokemon.

"Well done both of you!" He said as he walked over. "I look forwards to seeing you battle again in future and to the chance to battle you my self." He pulled two potions from his belt and handed one to each trainer. "Darron and Jacob wasn't it. Heal your Pokemon and then feel free to start out as soon as you are ready, don't forget to pick up your supplies first."

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Darron Efraim McMahon​

Darron took the two potions from Anthony. "Yup, sir. Thanks," he said. On the back of the room, he saw an odd machine, much like those machines he saw inside Pokemon Centers. "Mind if I heal Pichu here? Don't want to waste some Potions." Without waiting for the professor's okay, Darron placed Pichu's Pokeball on top of it and pressed the 'Go' button. The machine lit up, and beeped. 'Yup, I'm good to go. See you when I see you guys!" Darron looked at Jacob and his Seedot. "I will get another battle from you when we see again." Darron calmly walked outside, the first winner to actually stepped outside and freely roam the islands.

"So, where shall I go next?" Beside the lab stood a signage, showing the map of the Dragon Islands. "Woot. The islands are big and far apart." Darron tried to look for the lab and see where he should go next. "Let me- aha! Found it!" Darron placed a finger on top of the circle saying "Wheat's Lab." There is a curvy line, probably signifying a route, to a city or town called Newport Town. "Guess that's it! Newport Town it is."

Years
  • "Well done both of you! I look forward to seeing you battle again in future and to the chance to battle you my self," Jacob heard coming from behind him. He quickly turned his head to see the man that was standing beside the Professor in the lab. Uh.. I think his name is Andy... no maybe it's Anthony... Oh God, don't force me to talk!

Jacob stood up from his crouching position beside Seedot. As he was doing that, the guy reached to his belt and pulled out a potion. "Heal your Pokemon and then feel free to start out as soon as you are ready, don't forget to pick up your supplies first."

The potion bottle gleamed in the sun right into Jacob's eye. He went to shield himself from the blinding ray, then realized it would be much easier, and accepted, for him to just grab it. His hand reached out and politely grabbed the potion from Anthony as he nodded his head once. The bottle felt really natural in his hand, almost like he was meant to hold something that only trainers do. Before Jacob could even think about what he was supposed to do, he leaned back down to Seedot and began to spray the pokemon. The mysterious healing power of the mist seemed to create a glow on Seedot that soon faded, revealing a much cleaner and healthier looking pokemon.

"See! Seedot!" The pokemon yelled as it ran around Jacob's legs. Jacob let out a small chuckle and waved back towards Anthony, slowly walking over to get his supplies from the guides. They handed him some food and water for the trip east, along with an Antidote. The Antidote freaked him out a little bit, as the only reason for that was poisoning. He wasn't sure what types of pokemon would be on the route, and this didn't create good images. The thoughts would continue to kindle themselves in his head if he didn't get going, so he started out on the road towards Newport.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023

Walking hand in hand with Jessica and Ken, Kinnereth was thoroughly enjoying the attention the two mentors were giving her. The road was layered with dying grass, although patches of wildflowers grew throughout the hills. Atop the hill stood a white building that appeared to be fairly clean.

"There she is: Altaria Lab in all her glory," Ken said, shielding his eyes from the sun. "And look, theres Anthony!"

Ecstatic, Jessicas face instantly brightened as the gym leader came in sight. Grabbing onto Kinnereths hand, the brunette dragged the blonde to the top of the hill. "That's Anthony. Youll love him!" she explained, giggling in between each word.

Although the landscape wasn't picture perfect, the presence of Anthony seemed to inject a sort of beauty into it. Sitting on his shoulder, his Swablu was perched, silent yet elegant.

"Its so pretty! I want one!" The young girl was infatuated with the flying-type. Smiling, Anthony cocked his shoulder, ordering the bird to take flight. The Swablu began to fly around the blonde, chirping and singing. "Cook!" Kinnereth shouted, "Lets go!"

Leaving Jessica and Ken to catch up with Anthony, Kinnereth and Cook entered the laboratory. Taking in the scenery, there were stacks of books and boxes of papers piled throughout the premise. Beside some sort of machine, a woman with long eggplant hair stood. Banging the side of the mechanism, she was startled to find Kinnereth and Cook standing by inside the lab. "Oh! Excuse me," Dusting off her lab coat, the tall woman adjusted her eyeglasses and offered her hand. "My name is Evelyn Wheat and I am the sole professor on Alteria Island."

Noticing the table near the middle of the lab, Kinnereths eyes widened with excitement. "Come," Said the professor. "Ive got something for you."

Kinnereth basically exploded became electrified. "Is it a Swablu?"

Chuckling, the professor reached onto the table and handed her a pokeball. "Not quite."

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • Right quick ratings again, I'm going to post soon, forgetting about doing a joint post as I would like to move the story along. Please wrap up what ever you are doing at the lab and move on to the first route.

@miltankRancher, a short post but there's nothing wrong with that I look forward to your up coming adventures.

@kitred123, hooray for character development. Awarding 1 [TP].

@Quicksand. Kinnereth is quite quickly becoming one of my favorite characters I can't wait to see her reaction to Nidoran XD Awards 1 [TP].

And awarding a [WIGWAM] for a change XD

miltankRancher

Years
  • Darronj Efraim McMahon​

Darron went down the hill where the Altaria Lab resides. He arrived at the beach where he and his co-winners had made land. There were countless tracks of footprints on the sand, presumably from him, his co-winners, the guides.

"I better get going. It's hard to travel in the dark, as the movies suggests," Darron told himself. He let his face feel the crisp breeze of the beach first before heading to the left of the base of the hill. A sign says 'Altaria Lab-Newport Town.' Darron looked ahead of him. The route was really rocky, and there were high grass everywhere. A Pokemon, a Lillipup or a Poochyena, occasionally pokes his head out of the grass. Darron became excited.

"Wow. I never knew Pokemon could be this exciting," Darron said. He got his Pokedex out. "Let's see if we can find something worthy to catch in this route." He scrolled down the lists of Pokemon found in the route. There were some good Pokemon, actually, in this route.

"Okay, I have decided." Darron stepped on the rockjy path, and started traversing his way on it.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • Rating so that miltankRancher can post again.

Try to make your posts a little longer if you can miltankRancher, I don't mind if you post less offten but in big chunks. Other wise good work.

Keep up the good work everyone, I should be posting Newport soon.

Now to poke some people.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Ryu stood next to his Abra as he saw the battle between the Pichu and the Seedot go on. He saw the Pichu hit the Seedot two vicious Volt Tackle attacks and he slightly gasped. The Seedot countered with it's bide attack. He saw when the Bide attack knocked the Pichu out.

" Wow that was a great battle " Ryu told his Abra and his Abra smiled and nodded at him. He slowly walked out of the laboratory and onto the first route and looked over the horizon. He saw some grass and more things like wild Pokemon and trainers. He smiled and walked a couple steps forward and nearly tripped over a rock.

( Sorry for not posting... I just got a Tablet yesterday soo I'll try to post more often. )

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!"

Silence.

"What. Is. THAT?!"

"This here is Nido—"

"COOK!" Leaning in to brush her hair, Kinnereth swatted Cooks hand away. She was fuming. "That is DEFINITELY not a Swablu!"

Clearing her throat, Professor Wheat strategically planned her next sentence. "Kinnereth, doesn't it look like a bunny rabbit?" The professor picked up the male Nidoran and began to stroke its skin.

"You call THAT a BUNNY!?" The girls tiny hands were balled into the tightest fists. "Come on Cook, were leaving." She grabbed the butler by the hand and proceeded to drag him out of the laboratory.

"But, Kinnereth, you don't even—"

"NO."

Outside, Jessica, Anthony, and Ken were still chatting with each other. Once Jessica saw Kinnereth, she immediately ran to her side, asking what was wrong.

"The mean professor gave me a Nidoran," It was hard to understand her. Every other word was separated by gasping. "I wanted a Swablu!" She then pointed toward Anthony, her small arm was shaking and covered in tears.

"Kinny, youre just starting out your journey," explained the brunette. "Who knows what pokemon youll encounter later on. But if you give up now, youll never know." Digging in her pocket, she pulled out a silk handkerchief and began to wipe away the blondes tears. "I know its hard, but you have to stay strong."

By now, Professor Wheat was also outside, Nidoran in hand. Armed with a smile, she approached the blonde. "Here. Pet him. I promise he wont bite."

Kinnereth looked at Jessica for approval, who nodded in return. She then cautiously reached her hand out and began to stroke the Nidoran. Slowly but surely, a smile spread across her face.

The professor then handed the girl a small purse. "Your dad made sure I give this to you. Inside are a few extra pokeballs and a new cell phone. Im sure you know how to work it already; you seem like a smart young girl."

Wiping the tears from her face, Kinnereth took the purse and pulled it over her arm. The Nidoran then jumped out of the professors arms and began to rub up against the blondes leg.

Smiling, Jessica retracted her umbrella and crouched down. "Here, Kinnereth. I also want you to have this."

Kinnererths eyes lighted up. "Oh my god! Are you sure?"

"Mhm," Jessica handed the umbrella to the girl, who then embraced her in a hug.

"Thank you," She said.

"If you ever feel lonely, you can call me, or Professor Wheat, or even Ken," Jessica said, teasing the small girl.

After sharing a few laughs, Kinnereth gave Jessica one final hug. Turning to the professor who was petting the Nidoran, Kinnereth patted her thighs and in a high pitched baby voice called out "Come here, Bunny!"

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
  • Darron Efraim McMahon

The guy with the Abra somehow managed to overtake Darron, tripping over a rock and whatnots. Darron tried calling out to him; he wanted someone to go with towards Newport. But the guy went on, quickly.

"Well, I guess I would be alone towards Newport," he mumbled. He checked again his Pokedex, making sure that he did not miss any valuable pokemon on the route. "Nope! None worth a catch." Darron said to himself. He now decided to continue on his adventure.

During the first few minutes of his travel, he found nothing exciting. There were still no trainers, and the shy Pokemon avoided him. he let out his Pichu to let it exercise a bit. It appeared shy when it got out of his Pokeball.

"Aww, c'mon Pichu. It was not your fault. That Seedot had Bide. Any new Pokemon would not live that," Darron said. "anyway, you want to train in this route? There are several Pidoves here. I am sure you can go at them." Pichu brightened up, and nodded. So they can understand us? "Alright, but before that, I am going to nickname you... Theo? Is that okay?" The pichu nodded again. "All right, let us find ourselves some Pokemon!"

Darron and Pichu traversed the route for a few more minutes when the first Pokemon went out. It was a Pidove. "Oh, lady luck. What grace you has bestowed upon me today?" Darron whispered as he sent Pichu out. The Pidove cocked its head, curious. "Alright now, Pidove. Theo needs to grow and you are our first means for it. Go, Theo! Volt Tackle!" Pichu crackled with electricity and rushed at the Pidove. However, the bird's eyes glinted which stopped Theo on his tracks. "Aww, c'mon Theo! That's just a Leer!" Theo nodded and continued the attack. The Pidove looked at the rushing Pichu, and growled. This time, the electricity surrounding Pichu diminished, and he came back running to his owner. The Pidove flew away.

"Theo. What just happened? That was a simple wild Pokemon, totally unlike the Seedot back in the lab," Darron cooed. "If you want to grow stronger, you need to attack them, without fear. Okay?" Theo just shivered.

Baby Pokemon, Darron sighed.

Years
  • The route before Jacob didn't look at all like he expected. When he left for the Dragon islands he expected lush forests and waterfalls by every town and on every route. But this, this looked desolate. It was all dirt and stone, a little grass here and there and one odd looking tree in the distance. There couldn't have been many wild pokemon here, and if there were then they would all be in the grass or by the big tree. All I have to do is stay right here, on this dirt path. Pokemon won't bother me if I don't bother them. Jacob thought he was ready for his journey, but he was awfully scared of wild pokemon.

Jacob continued down the route for a little while before coming to a stop. It wasn't too overly hot outside, but hot enough for him to stop and need something to drink. He reached down into his bag and grabbed a water bottle that he had gotten from the guides. He also grabbed Seedot's pokeball, releasing the pokemon.

"Seeeee-dot!" The pokemon cheerfully yelled as it ran around the dirt path. The acorn pokemon suddenly stopped dead in its tracks and just stared into the small patch of grass to Jacob's right.

"What is it buddy?" Jacob flawlessly said, already used to talking to pokemon around his hometown. "Do you see something?"

Jacob walked over to where Seedot was stopped and crouched beside him. Between him, Seedot, and his bag, Jacob had pretty much created a blockade along the road. The two continued to watch the grassy area, when suddenly Seedot jumped up as high as it could.

"Oh jeez!" Jacob yelled quickly backing up. His Seedot began to shake with a happy expression on its face, almost as if it was laughing. "So you think it's funny do ya? Well then you might not wanna turn around!"

Seedot suddenly froze up again, its eyes opening as wide as possible. The pokemon began to slowly shuffle around, only to see nothing was there. It turned back around to a chuckling Jacob sitting beside his bags. Seedot started running at Jacob at top speed, only to stop right beside him and start walking down the road farther towards Newport.

"Aww come on buddy! It was pretty funny!" Jacob yelled picking up his bag and following the pokemon, who was now halfway to Newport.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Darron Efraim McMahon​

Darron continued walking the rocky path towards Newport. He decided to just take normal route towards the town, the boring, grassless, but still rocky road. Theo is walking beside Darron, happily looking at everything. Young Pokemon can sometimes be a nuisance. Darron sighed.

Theo looked up at his trainer, and climbed him. He slumped on Darron's shoulder. "Theo. You need to get strong, okay? We need to train before we reach Newport Town. You know, we may be facing some grand battles out there." Theo nodded. "Let's try again, one more time, okay?" Theo nodded. Darron took a detour, and went back to the grass. He let Theo down. The young Pokemon shivered. "Face your fear. Now to find some Pokemon..." Darron looked around, and saw a patch of rustling grass. "Aha! C'mon Theo! See that grass? Use Volt Tackle on it!" Theo nodded and rushed towards it, crackling with a small electricity. Darron followed. The wild Pokemon was a Spearow, one of the more ferocious birds. Theo crashed with it. "All right! Another one!" Pichu tackled the bird again, and it fell. "Yes!" Darron shouted. Theo jumped up.

"That was a good battle. Would you care if you would give me one?" Darron whipped around and saw a lass, probably about his age. She was holding a Pokeball. "One versus one, only." Darron looked at the Pichu. It was happily smelling the flowers around.

"Bring it. Theo, let's go!"

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • @Rafael p, I am glad to hear that you may be posting more often now. Your last post was very short, to the point of barely passing the required length. A little more in your next post if you could.

@Quicksand. XD Keep doing what you are right now. 1[TP]

@miltankRancher, nice to see some personality in Theo, who will now be named officially in the OP. I'm not sure that the battle was enough to award levels but I'm still finding the right level. For now 1[TP] and Theo is feeling content

@kitred123, good interacting with your pokemon will be rewarded just like battling, that goes for everyone. 1[TP]

If you want a Pokemon naming make it's name bold when you first name it. This will help me spot it.
    p.s. Altaria island is the least tropical of the islands, like New Zealand, the exposure to the wind and the sea make it much cooler than it should be.

Last edited:
    Back