• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Legacy of the Dragon Islands [T] [IC Thread]

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Ryu thought he hear his name being called and turned around to see nobody except his Abra. Then when he turned around he saw a Joltik shooting a small thread of silk at his Abra. The silk wrapped around his Abra and it made the Abra considerably slower. The Abra looked at Ryu and waited for a command.

" Abra hit it with a Psyshock attack now " The Abra smiled and shot a psychic energy at the Joltik making it fly backwards. The Joltik shot a little needle at Abra and began to suck it's energy. Abralooked like it was in pain and it was hit with small lightning shock that paralyzed Abra but didn't deal any damage.

" Abra now use Facade " He said with a smile on his face. The attack did heavy damage due to Abra being paralyzed. The Joltik went flying into a tree.

" Now go Pokeball " He said as he threw the Pokeball. He stood there and watched the Pokeball shake a couple times.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • @Rafael p, Ryu catches a Joltik!
    Joltik -level 7

Compound Eyes, String Shot, Leech Life, Spider Web, Thunder Wave
    Abra grost to level 11
    @miltankRancher, decided to back date a level. Theo grows to level 12
    . Theo learns Thunder Wave.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Ryu smiled as he saw the Pokeball glow. He walked a few steps foward and picked it up. He then sent it out and used a potion on it healing it to perfection and continued forward until he was stopped by a male youngster.

" Hey let's battle " The youngster told me as he sent out a Yamna. He figured that this was a good time to test out my newly caught Joltik so Ryu sent it out. I smiled and the battle began.

" Jolt use Leech Life now " Ryu said with a small smile as the Joltik scked some energy from the Yamna.

" Now Yamna use a Quick attack " The Yamna charged at the Joltik and Ryu smiled because it had fell into his trap. The joltik barely dodged out the way and was barely hurt.

" Use a combo of Thunder wave and Spider Web everywhere " Ryu said and saw that the webs became electrified. The Yamna was still charging when it crshed into one of the electric webs.

" No Yamna. " The youngster said. " Now finish the Yamna up with a Leech Life " The Joltik sucked the rest of the energy from the Yamna and it laid on the ground fainted.

" Good job Jolt " Ryu said as he hugged the Joltik who seemed happy with it's trainer.

Years
  • Jacob caught up to his pokemon and picked it up. "You know, I don't know much about you, I haven't even named you! I guess I can't do that until I figure out whether you're a boy or a girl... So, are you a boy?"

The Seedot gave a quick nod, signaling Jacob's correctness and that he still wasn't happy. He jumped out of Jacob's arms and landed in the grass. The grass below him seemed to be a yellowish color, and that didn't feel right to Seedot. He quickly jumped away and ran behind Jacob's legs hoping he didn't bother whatever he just landed on. His hoping did no good, however, and the grass started to move. Within three seconds, a Sandshrew stumbled out, looking as if it just woke up. The angered pokemon turned around and used it's hind legs to hurl sand at both Jacob and Seedot.

"Pfft, what was that!" Jacob halfway yelled as he brushed sand off his face. "Seedot! I don't know what you did but looks like you got yourself into a fight. Use Growth and then pull into a Bullet Seed."

The called scene laid out before Jacob, but the Sandshrew didn't seem to be affected even after a Bullet Seed from a Seedot almost twice as big as normal. Jacob saw the Sandshrew raise its claw and began running at Seedot.

"Seedot! Hurry dodge or use Harden or Bide or something!"

Seedot couldn't process everything that fast and Sandshrew continued to scratch at the pokemon until he got tired. Seedot's body began to waver and soon fell down. The Sandshrew turned around and walked back into the grass, almost letting out a small chuckle. Jacob was soon crouching over Seedot like he did after his battle with Darron and his Pichu, but not near as happy.

"Seee..." The small acorn pokemon quietly said up to Jacob.

"Hey, don't feel bad. We can't win every time. Hopefully we win more than we lose, but that's beside the point. Also, I told you to do too many things, sorry about that. Don't worry about walking to town either, I can carry you there."

Jacob picked up his injured pokemon and began to walk towards Newport, which was only half a route away.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • Chapter III: Arrival and A Rival at Newport

Story

You arrive at the small but busy town of Newport. True to it's name it is a port town, the second largest port in the Dragon Islands, it handles a lot of the tourists arriving in the Dragon islands. There is a large ferry port where the ferry you boarded earlier is currently docked, at the far end of the port is a large area of industrial dock land that is off limits to the general public.

You head towards the Pokemon centre or maybe the Pokemart and on your way through town you notice an unusual sight. There seems to be some trouble down at the port. A group of local kids are harassing a bunch of young trainers who have just arrived. You could give the trainers a hand if you wished too. There are no wild Pokemon in the town however you hear a sailor complaining that food is going missing in industrial side of the docks. If you can find a way to get in either by getting someone to let you in or sneaking in you could try to find some wild Pokemon. Finally there is a museum and art gallery that you can visit. But what ever you do you should do it quickly as it will be dark soon and your guides are waiting for you at the Pokemon centre.

1-3 posts should cover this section. In real time about 2 weeks max.
    You may do one of the events listed above, if you do any of these please end your post at once as they will trigger an extra event.

NPCs

Pokémon
    The Pokemon that have been stealing fish, you may only catch one of them.
    All at level 10.

Sneasel

Inner Focus or Keen Eye, Scratch, Taunt, Leer, Quick Attack, Screech

Wingull

Keen Eye, Growl, Water Gun, Super Sonic

Trubbish

Stench or Sticky Hold, Pound, Poison Gas, Recycle, Toxic Spikes

Munchlax

Pick Up or Thick Fat, Metronome, Odor Sleuth, Tackle, Defence Curl, Amnesia

People

Local kids

Carry a small selection of local Pokemon, mainly of the water type. They are taunting the tired trainers and eager for a battle.

I promise to rate posts soon :)

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Darron Efraim McMahon

Theo stepped forward, a new gleam in its eyes present. "Chu!"

"How cute! A Pichu! Well, I think my Pokemon is cuter! Let's go, Snoopy!" the young girl, not much younger than Darron though, threw her Pokeball. In a flash of light, out came a Lillipup. "Pup!"

"All right, let's do this! Pichu, Volt Tackle!" Pichu crackled with electricity and rushed towards the Lillipup. The Lillipup simply stared at the charging baby Pokemon.

"Hah! I have watched you for quite some time now. Snoopy, Leer!" Lillipup growled, and its eyes gleamed. Pichu stopped in its tracks, unsure of what to do.

"Oh, Theo. Not now again! C'mon, use another Volt Tackle!" Darron cheered. "Go!"

"Too slow. Snoopy, Tackle!" The Lillipup crashed itself on Theo. Theo whimpered.

"Theo!" Darron shouted. Theo was down, but not out. "Yes! Volt Tackle, now!"

"Not a chance! Me first! Snoopy, another Tackle!" Lillipup charged towards the fallen Pichu again, but Theo managed to stand up in time, and simply side stepped the attack. He hit the Lillipup, full-blast with a Volt Tackle. The puppy fell.

"No! Snoopy is just newly caught!" The lass screamed. She approached her Pokemon and recalled it.

"Er, nice battle I guess," Darron said as Theo climbed his shoulder again and rested there. "See ya'" Darron went away before the lass could even say anything. After a few minutes of walking, he felt a different kind of breeze in the air. He could hear Wingulls, and other sea Pokemon. He rounded the curve, and it came into full view.

"Newport Town."

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • @Everyone, I hust renembered that I asked for a form to be filled in for each Pokemon you catch, it isn't a lot, just enought to give an idea how they act and what they look like. It can be found in the OOC Thread. If you could fill it out and either PM me or post it in the OOC thread before you catch a pokemon I will give you a move set with the chance of an extra rare move.

@Rafael p, Jolt named and grows 1 Level, to level 8 I think...

@kitred123, Seedot grows to level 13. Seedot learns Nature Power

@miltankRancher, Theo grows to level 13.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023

Riding on Cooks shoulders, Kinnereth was preoccupied with her new toys. Holding her cellphone in one hand and Jessicas parasol in the other, the tall, dry grass and scorching heat didn't really bother the young girl. Unfortunately, the butler must have been sweating bullets under his suit. "Cook, arnt you hot?"

Huffing and puffing, "Not particularly," the well-dressed man managed to say.

"Oh, quit lying." Searching through the apps on her new phone, Kinnereth pulled up the map of islands. "It says theres a large tree somewhere around here." Holding her hand over her eyes, the blonde searched the horizon for any oddly large shrubbery. Gasping, the girl began to point in the direction of the tree. "There, Cook! That way!"

"Are you sure, Miss Hawthorne?"

"Mhm."

The duo made their way to the tree, dying for some rest. Grabbing Kinnereth by the waist, Cook pulled her off of his shoulders and plopped her onto the ground. The two stared at the dying tree. The entire setting had an unexplainably odd aura. All different types of bird pokemon nested within the branches, but that didn't stop the two from resting for a bit. In between sandwiches, Cook asked the girl how it felt to be a trainer.

Surprised, she had completely forgotten about her pokemon. Digging through her purse, the girl wiped her mouth from crumbs, tossed the pokeball, and called out, "Come on out, Bunny!"

The Nidoran stretched and yawned, still drowsy from the morning. Getting a whiff of the food, the pokemon soon became excited, running around the area. Cook couldn't help but let out a chuckle. He reached into his salad and tossed a leaf of lettuce for the Nidoran, aloof to what he had just done.

Throughout their journey, there had been a slight breeze. Said breeze carried the lettuce leaf near the trunk of the lone tree. The Nidoran chased after the leaf, accidently bumping into the trunk. Squawks and caws filled the route. Loose feathers and twigs began to rain on the humans and Nidoran as all the birds took flight. It looked as though a black cloud had covered the premise. "Um, Cook, maybe that wasn't the best idea…" Her voice was slightly shaky.

The cloud of pokemon cawed even louder than before. "We should get going," the butler explained. But it was too late. The gigantic flock began to zero in on the group.

Kinnereth grabbed Bunny and began to run back to the predetermined road, while Cook trailed behind. The flock of angered birds was still chasing them. "COOK!"

"Oh, your father isn't going to be happy about this."

Lone Spearows began to fly ahead of the flock, pecking at the butler. It was like a scene straight out of an anime.

Thankfully, after a few minutes, the flying types began to disperse, leaving Kinnereth and Cook alone. Resting her hands on her knees, Kinnereth puffed in and out. "Ive never had to run so fast in my life!"

The two stared at each other for a brief moment, and then began to laugh hysterically. Catching his breath, Cook managed to muster, "Were gonna need more protection."

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
  • Darron Efraim McMahon​

"Theo, this is Newport! We did it!" Darron exclaimed as he walked the last few feet towards the town. Darron smiled as he saw more people here. "Wow. I have not imagined this place to be... this populated." Theo climbed down from his shoulder and looked around a bit. "C'mon, Theo. Let's try to go the pier. Maybe I can buy us some food down there." The duo proceeded to the port. Here, there were more people as the ships are bringing in tourists by the hour. "Wow." Darron and Theo walked among the crowd, seeing a variety of tourists. Darron could see some Hoenn natives, but he could also see people fro, farther regions, like Sinnoh and Orre. Theo bought an apple from a nearby stand. "This place is great!" Darron saw the ship they rode earlier.

"Let's go there, Theo. Maybe one of the guides, I think Chris was his name, is there!" Theo followed his trainer. When they neared the ship, a sailor was holding a Munchlax by the head.

"Caught this critter stealing some scraps," he said.

"Nah, throw him away." The sailor threw Munchlax back to the cemented port.

"Look, Theo. It's a Munchlax. Let's try approaching it," Darron said. He walked towards the Munchlax, but it looked at him first.

"Munch?" The Munchlax stood up and ran towards Darron.

"Woah, wait! Theo, Thundershock!" Theo blocked the Munchlax with a long-range Thundershock. However, the Munchlax is afr from falling. He Tackled Theo away and approached Darron. "Theo! Volt Tackle, now!" Theo crashed head-on with the Munchlax. The Munchlax looked angry and it wiggled its finger. Suddenly, Munchlax eyes grow wide, and a beam emitted from its mouth. "Hyper Beam? Theo dodge, then Thundershock!" Theo managed to evade and used the attack at the last minute.

The Munchlax fell, dazed. "Yes, let's see if we can do this." Darron approached and taped the Munchlax with a Pokeball. The Ball was shaking. One time... Two times... Three times..

Years
  • The latter half of the road towards Newport seemed a lot shorter than the first half. It may have been from the lack of significant events, or from Jacob's hurried walk to get Seedot to safety, either way the two made it to Newport at what looked like early afternoon, as far as Jacob could tell. From the entrance to the town, Jacob could see countless ferries and boats parked around a small town. It was highly populated, but by tourist, which could easily be identified by the cameras and general "wow" attitude about them. The Pokemon Center was also easily identifiable by the red roof in the center of the town.

"Alright buddy, we're almost there. Just relax and you'll be there before you know it."

"Seee..."

The two were almost to the Pokemon Center, only about ten feet away, when Jacob heard something that sparked his interest.

"Arceus damn pokemon. They're stealin' all the rations from down at the industrial zone. If nothing gets done 'bout it, I'm gonna have to walk down there myself and show 'em a lesson or two. Arceus only knows how they'll be seen again when I'm done with 'em"

"Seedot? Did you hear that? Why don't we see if we can get into that zone, I can't imagine what he'd do to the pokemon down there. Oh yeah, after we go to the Pokemon Center of course."

"See, See-dot."

"I'll take that as a yes.." Jacob said, walking the final ten feet into the Pokemon Center. He had never been in one, but was taught what to do if the time came back in trainer school. As he was instructed in school, he walked up to the counter and laid the pokemon down.

"Oh boy! It looks like this little guy took quite a beating. You shouldn't let your pokemon get attacked like this! Just sit down in one of those chairs and we'll call you when your pokemon is ready. Just let me see your Trainer I.D. so I can get your name and verify your status as a legal trainer and not a poacher."

"Uhh yeah. It's right here. I promise I didn't hurt him too bad, I mean want him to get hurt. Ergh.. I just, I..." Jacob handed his Trainer I.D. to the nurse on the other side of the counter, who was now trying to hold in her laughter.

"Hehehe, thanks. It'll only be a moment."

Oh my Arceus... why? Jacob thought, walking over to a chair with a cherry red face.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • So it's that time again...

@Quicksand, I'm enjoying your sense of humor and your posts. Awarding Bunny a level because he featured in this post and I don't want to give out [TP] to fast.

@MiltankRancher, Darron caught a Munchlax level 10, I'll add him to the list but wait until you give him the Nickname to add it.

@Kitred, good posts no rewards today but I promise you will be rewarded well for you upcoming battle.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    The sun had begun to fall and set behind the skyline of Newport. The patches of dying shrubbery had become much more sporadic allowing concrete rubble and slivers of grass to dot the landscape. There was hardly any wild Pokemon, but one species had caught Kinnereths attention.

"Cook! Look! There it is again!" Her voice was excited, but also hushed. As soon as the butler was about to respond, the girl "Shhh!"ed him, not wanting to alarm the Pokemon. Reaching into her purse, Kinnereth pulled out her new cellphone/pokedex and scanned the Pokemon.

"Sentret, the Scout Pokemon. It has a very nervous nature. It stands up high on its tail so it can scan wide areas."

The Sentret was nibbling on a medium-sized berry; probably left over from a picnic site. "Well, Miss Hawthorne, if you want it, why don't you catch it?"

Although it took her a few seconds, Kinnereths expression shifted from vacancy to excitement. She dug through her bag and lugged a Pokeball at the animal.

Unfortunately, the blonde hadn't owned the best marksmanship. The ball landed a yard away from the Pokemon. Side-eyeing the duo, the Sentret ate the rest of its berry, walked over to the Pokeball, and swatted it away from its burrow. It then rose, standing erect on its tail. "Try weakening it first," suggested Cook.

"Mhm." Grabbing Bunnys Pokeball, Kinnereth placed the ball on the floor, not wanting to scratch its surface. "Come on out, Bunny!"

Behind the flash of light, the Nidoran was scratching behind its ear with its hind leg. "Okay Bunny, uhm, go! Or…yeah…" The nine year old was unsure of how to proceed with the battle. She looked up to Cook, desperate for his guidance.

"Why not start off with a Leer? Then you could follow up with a Peck."

Nodding in affirmation, Kinnereth commanded her sole Pokemon to Leer at the Sentret. Nidorans eyes glowed red, but the Sentret seemed unmoved. "Alright, now use Peck."

Bunny confirmed the order with a short "Nido!" and launched horn-first at the opponent. But just as the attack landed, the Sentret curled up in a ball, brushing off the Peck.

"Try a stronger attack, such as Double Kick."

"You heard the man, Bunny! Use Double Kick!"

The Sentret was still curled up, but it took hefty damage from Nidorans attack. Its breathing became heavy and could no longer stand on its tail.

"Use Double Kick again!" Kinnereth had become completely involved in the battle. Her fists were balled and a small amount of sweat dripped from her forehead. She expressed anxiety, glee, and a range of other emotions.

Listening to its trainer, Nidorans foot glowed white and locked in on the Sentret. But before the hit could land, the Scout Pokemon vanished, then reappeared, attacking Nidoran with a Quick Attack. Gasping, Kinnereth called out to her Pokemon. "Bunny!" Nidoran got back on its feet, and prepared for another attack. "Use Double Kick!"

This time, the attack landed. The Sentret appeared exhausted and on the verge of fainting. Clutching a spare Pokeball, Kinnereth launched it with amazing accuracy, bopping the Sentret square on its forehead. The ball consumed the wild Pokemon and began to steadily rock side to side…

miltankRancher

Years
  • Darron Efraim McMahon​

"Yes! Good work, Theo! We caught the Munchlax!" Darron exclaimed as he retrieved the ball. The device stopped shaking signifying that the pokemon was caught. "Here, meet him." Darron threw the ball in front of Theo. In a flash of red light, the Munchlax appeared.

"Munch?" it said, looking interestingly at Theo.

"Today, you two will work together okay? We will be the greatest of teams!" Darron said. "Alright, you little glutton, I will name you... Spartan." Theo nodded in approval. "Yup, Spartan seems to feet you. So, Spartan.. Wait, I think it is too long... Why, not... Spar? Yup. You are now called Spar!" Darron said. He got the Munchlax and held it high. "Do you understand me, Spar?"

"Munch?"

"I know you would," Darron brought the Munchlax down. However, Spar suddenly rushed towards Theo and in one quick movement, bit the Pichu's head.

"Pi!" Theo cried out in pain. It was struggling against Spar's bite, and the Munchlax seemed not to notice.

"Oh no, you don't," Darron said. He pried open Spar's mouth, and Theo came running up Darron's shoulders. It stuck out its tongue. "Never do that again, okay? Theo is not a food. Back in the ball, Spar." Darron recalled the Munchlax.

"Aren't you two cute?"

Theo just rolled his cute little eyes, and pretended to be angry. Sparks flew from his cheeks. "I sense a rivalry here..."

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • @Quicksand. You can catch the Sentret but fill out a Pokemon form I think you can still find them in the OOC thread. Fill one out before you catch your Pokemon and if I accept it you won't have to end your post with the Pokeball closing. (Which I have never really liked anyway.)

@miltankRancher, that isn't exactly what I meant but hey it's great. I have now decided to steal your idea for another role play because having a rivalry in a players team has so many options. What I meant was that Darron should meet a trainer who will become his rival but, meh... We will leave that to later.

Going to reward you later and will be kicking out some people for a recruitment drive soon. Don't worry It's only people who haven't posted in age's if any of you others are still hanging around but haven't posted.

Back