• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lunar Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora
    Hack of:
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora

Introduction:
    My name is Soul. I'm a decent hacker, if you dunno that. I'm pretty good, actually. =p I HAD 4 hacks, and 1 that I released 3 alphas on. That hack was... Destiny. But now, I'm doing something totally new. A hack I like to call, Pokemon Lunar Aurora. It's a remake of Platinum, actually. =] But the story is a little mixed up.

Story:
    Your friend, Barry barges in your room and tells you to meet him on Route 201. So you go there. When Prof. Rowan catches you two trying to go in tall grass without a Pokemon, he decides to give you one. But the consequences are, he chooses one for you. =\ You get a Turtwig. Hey! At least you get the advantage when battling your rival who gets a Piplup! Ehh.. Anyways, after that, your real adventure starts. Team Galactic--back and good as ever! Cyrus doesn't want a new world this time... He has heard of the Lunar Duo, Darkrai and Cresselia. He has heard that Darkrai can make endless nightmares, and Cresselia can blind people with her bright moonlight. So, he decides to catch them, with Team Galactic, and his plan is to make all of Sinnoh turn to dark, so he can rebuild Sinnoh into HIS new world. He thinks its easier than catching the Dragon Trio.

Features:

-Team Galactic has a new plan

-Cynthia battles you before the Pokemon League

-New starter

-Anime locations are in this hack

-New tiles

-New sprites/OW

-New scripts

Screenshots:
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora

Maps:
    Spoiler:

FAQ:
    Q: How do you patch an IPS/APS file?
    A: Go here

Awards:
    None yet

Bugs:

On Route 201, the clerk who gives you a Potion has messed up text when giving you it

Don't nickname your Pokemon, or the script will automatically end (Fixed, deleted it)

Team:

Only me. I prefer working on my own. But, I might change my mind later on.

Userbars:
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora
    by tjwilliams24

Programs Used:

Advance Map 1.92 - LU-HO
    eXtreme Script Editor - Hackmew
    Hacked unLZ-GBA - Hackmew
    Advance Trainer - Hackmew
    Free Space Finer - Hackmew
    Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor - Wichu
    Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor - Wichu
    Advanced Sprite Position Editor - Wichu
    VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0-beta 3
    Irfanview
    Nameless Sprite Editor - link12552
    Yet Another Pokemon Editor - silver314

Credits:
    Ultimate Sinnoh Patch v3.0 ROM Base - Full Metal

-Tiles - Kyledove

-Tiles - 874521

-Snow Tiles - Wesley FG

-D/P Text - diegoisawesome

-D/P Textbox - UltramasterBDX

-D/P Tile Patch -
    PHO & GreenCharizard
    -Worldmap, Bootscreen, Intro Pallettes - The Blob of Blobs

diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial - diegoisawesome
    Overworlds - 874521
    Tell me if I missed anyone. Thank you.

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    It looks good so far, and if you can handle 4 hacks at the same time you go for it, just don't use that as an excuse for slacking off, or not completing them (not that you do)!
    I really like the hero's ow.
    Are other ows (lass, bug catcher, hiker, ...) gonna be changed or kept as fire red ows?

vietazn654

Years
    Platinum remakes are awesome, but don't you think that you should
    only focus on 1 Hack at a time?
    Which is why Destiny is on hold until those bugs get deleted.
    I agree. But nevertheless, its looking good! I never got to play Pt so I will be looking forward to this for sure. Good luck!
    Yeah. But you should play it so you can see the big differences. xD;
    It looks good so far, and if you can handle 4 hacks at the same time you go for it, just don't use that as an excuse for slacking off, or not completing them (not that you do)!
    I really like the hero's ow.
    Are other ows (lass, bug catcher, hiker, ...) gonna be changed or kept as fire red ows?
    I'll change them. Oh and, those 4 hacks, are done. I'm not going back to them. Maybe Destiny but... =p I'll edit it now so people know that those were past projects.

vietazn654

Years
    UPDATE:
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora

My ugly map of Lake Verity is here. =]
    Tell me all the comments you have on it, because I'm going to need it when I map Lake Acuity and Lake Valor. =p
    By the way, the beta will have hopefully the first two gyms--and some leaders are gone. =p
    EDIT: New screenie. =]
    Pokémon Lunar Aurora

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Another Sinnoh remake. :]

But this one stands among the rest. (What I mean is that there are so many hackers that tried to make a sinnoh remake but failed.) I'm just hoping that you'll finish this since you got the potential to do so.

I can't see any problems so I guess, Good luck.

vietazn654

Years
    The map is not really ugly, to be honest. It's more like the original Lake Verity map, that's all.
    Thank you. =] I'm an awesome mapper I guess. xD
    Another Sinnoh remake. :]

But this one stands among the rest. (What I mean is that there are so many hackers that tried to make a sinnoh remake but failed.) I'm just hoping that you'll finish this since you got the potential to do so.

I can't see any problems so I guess, Good luck.
    Thanks Faline. ^_^

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I have a question. In your introduction, you said that Cynthia battles you before
    the Pokemon League. Now, the question is: How many times is she gonna battle ya?
    Where is she gonna battle you?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Barry's OW looks unfinished. The MC's OW looks good though. Not really a fan of the washed out look that the grass/tree's have but meh, thats a personal preference.

vietazn654

Years
    I have a question. In your introduction, you said that Cynthia battles you before
    the Pokemon League. Now, the question is: How many times is she gonna battle ya?
    Where is she gonna battle you?
    About 2 times before Pokemon League. And one after.
    is there a beta yet?
    i will like to try this
    It's not out yet. But thank you.
    Barry's OW looks unfinished. The MC's OW looks good though. Not really a fan of the washed out look that the grass/tree's have but meh, thats a personal preference.
    Yeah. Thanks. Alright. =p

iKnow

Woohoo!
    Years
    Ahh, another IV Gen remake with great potential to be finished. I certainly enjoy seeing remakes, but eventually get disappointed when the creator stops working on it. :( hopefully you'll be able to finish this one. Everything is looking wonderful. Are you going to include the temple?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    i've wanted to play a remake off sinnoh on gba so i can play it on my mobile phone
    it looks amazing, pplease finish it as it has lots of potential i love the maps :D

vietazn654

Years
    Ahh, another IV Gen remake with great potential to be finished. I certainly enjoy seeing remakes, but eventually get disappointed when the creator stops working on it. :( hopefully you'll be able to finish this one. Everything is looking wonderful. Are you going to include the temple?
    Yeah if I can find tiles for it. =3
    i've wanted to play a remake off sinnoh on gba so i can play it on my mobile phone
    it looks amazing, pplease finish it as it has lots of potential i love the maps :D
    Thanks! I plan on releasing a beta. =]

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Great hack... I've always wanted to play Platinum, but all the emulators are not suitable for emulating a DS successfully... So thanks for making this hack, It will be a great thing to play my favorite Pokemon game that was ever RELEASED!!! :D

GOOD LUCK with you on this hack!!! If you'd ever need a spriter of both OW's and Battle sprites, just contact me, and i'll be glad to help...

THanks!!! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back