• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Marine Blue Version

Years
    • I'm a pro at nouns
    • Europe
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    So for the last 6 months I was working on a big romhack, but after hitting a dead end I decided to cancel it because I got pissed off, but at least it gave me an idea for a new one. So some days ago I was reading about Japanese Pokémon Blue, this was an update for the original Red and Green and served as the basis for the international Red and Blue versions. Something I noticed about this version is that it changed a few aspects from the originals, all the In-game trades were altered and some wild areas are slightly different (for example: wild Clefairy can be found in Cerulean Cave). I though to myself that it would be cool if I did that but with the GBA remakes, so here it is: Pokémon MarineBlue Version! (I hope no one has done this idea before).

FEATURES
    • All In-game trades are now based on the ones from Japanese Blue.
    • New wild encounters such as Jynx in Seafoam Islands and Lickitung in the Safari Zone.
    • Game corner prizes were changed.
    • Most Hoenn Pokémon can be caught in the Sevii Islands (except the legendaries and Jirachi).
    • Navel Rock and Birth Island are now accessible.
    • Trade evolutions can be found in the wild. (Only in some postgame areas).

Possible glitches
    • There's a minor graphical bug on the title screen, I didn't bother to fix it cuz I'm stupid.
    • The second vendor in the Celadon City Prize Corner is glitched: you can buy the Pokémon he sells but your coins are not spent when you do it, I tried to fix it but I only made it worse, so, sorry I guess. The other vendors are fine though.

SCREENSHOTS
    Pokémon Marine Blue Version

PROGRAMS USED
    • Hex Maniac Advance for pretty much everything, the title screen, the trades, the map editing, all of that.
    • GBA Intro Manager for some minor changes to the intro.

IPS PATCH
    View attachment Pokemon MarineBlue Version.ips

Back