• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Bug: I can't buy Ice Beam from the game corner, it says "you already have this item" when I very much don't.

Years
    • Seen today
    hi,
    I want to catch Regirock + Regice +Registeel,
    but I play randomize and can't get Wailord + Relicanth to complete the pazel,
    what can I do?
    thx

There's probably nothing you can do, other than spawn them using the Debug menu.

Bug: I can't buy Ice Beam from the game corner, it says "you already have this item" when I very much don't.

Already fixed for the next version, which will be released soon.

--------------------

I released 1.4.1. Changelog:

• Infinite Rare Candies and Infinite Repel items! Talk with the new girl in Oldale Town to obtain them. Cheat with responsibility!
    • Manectric now has fire-type moves (Overheat and Flamethrower).
    • Changed the name of the "Perma Faint" option, now it's called "Pokémon Faint". The colour and description have also been updated to reflect how important is not to enable it by mistake.
    • Changed the text in the Challenge Option "TRAINER EVs" to reflect that Trainers do NOT have EVs by default.
    • Fixed spawn of Dratini. Now spawns in Route 120, surfing in the water (Modern Spawns only).
    • Fixed not being able to buy TM13 (Ice beam) in the Mauville Game Corner with Infinite TMs on.
    • Fixed the circular saving animation breaking in caves with Flash.

Have fun and report any bugs as always!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Cool! Thanks for the update.

Hey, question, how do you wonder trade?

And are there any physical poison moves Crobat can learn, like cross poison?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    hi,
    I think there is a bug,
    I bought the Aurora Ticket and it got me to the birth island instead of Navel Rock,

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    This game is great, i still need to beat the élite 4, i hope the post game and battle frontier is good as well

Days
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    I'm very much enjoying the game, although I am currently at Norman and his Slaking has Speed Boost (XD?). Is this intended or what's going on here?

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
  • This hack rom looks promissing to me, so it will be fun playing this for the first time. I always wanted a hack rom which incorporate new features from next gens while keep the essence of Emerald.

So this is a good contribution into the Pokémon rom hack scene in my oppinion (well, maybe i'm exaggerating)

Years
    • Seen today
    Cool! Thanks for the update.

Hey, question, how do you wonder trade?

And are there any physical poison moves Crobat can learn, like cross poison?

Wonder Trade is available after the Battle Frontier.

Cross poison is not currently available, but there's Poison Fang

hi,
    I think there is a bug,
    I bought the Aurora Ticket and it got me to the birth island instead of Navel Rock,

That's... where Aurora Ticket gets you.

I'm very much enjoying the game, although I am currently at Norman and his Slaking has Speed Boost (XD?). Is this intended or what's going on here?

Oops... Slaking has a different ability in Hard Mode but it should have been Immunity, not Speed Boost. Months ago I was testing something and forgot to change it. At the very least it makes that battle difficult...
    Will get fixed next update.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    hello sir,i have been playing this rom for a while and i love it,just wondering will you add the gen4/5 skill learning route and some gen5 hidden ability。

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Just reporting a small typo, on the Route 110 East island one of the scientists misspells mysterious.

Btw would it be possible to remove Roar from Raikou and Entei, and especially Perish Song from Celebi? Even with savestate scumming and rewind it took many tries to catch them.

Also I'm an idiot but I can't figure out Regieleki's puzzle. I tried the item finder on the island since it rains there but nothing shows up.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Great rom hack. I think this one of the most solid Emerald hacks currently. My playthrough I enabled random items and noticed that it isn't implemented very well. Often I was picking up the same mail. This tells me that items replace a specific item not the location (at least that's how it appears). Like all Super Potions are replaced by Mech Mail in my case. I would like a more random distribution but that's just personal preference. I enjoy dynamic gameplay so randomizers are wonderful. I haven't enabled any random encounters or anything.

In the HyperTraining house, the Lv.1 Pokemon are able to be shiny (I encountered Shiny Gardevoir). That's kinda crazy. Idk if it's intended. It seems like it isn't intended as the Pokemon appear as uncatchable wild Pokemon (I assume so that the battles go quickly, and so you don't also earn money). I just wanted to point that out.

Also it seems like Pokemon Emerald's broken RNG system is still there. I don't recall if that's fixable in the romhacking world, and it's not totally crucial. The only thing it really affects is soft resetting for shinies which, if that's what you're into then it could make it very difficult.

I have more suggestions but I'll save that for another time. I really enjoy this romhack and I can see myself revisiting it mainly because of how dynamic and inclusive it is. I love the quality of life things such as being able to run away before throwing your Pokemon out. That should be in all Pokemon games.

Very nice work!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just reporting a small typo, on the Route 110 East island one of the scientists misspells mysterious.

Btw would it be possible to remove Roar from Raikou and Entei, and especially Perish Song from Celebi? Even with savestate scumming and rewind it took many tries to catch them.

Also I'm an idiot but I can't figure out Regieleki's puzzle. I tried the item finder on the island since it rains there but nothing shows up.

There's a post on the first page where it shows the location of the item needed for Regieleki's puzzle.

Hi, does this game have option for decapitalisation? Like MrDollSteak's rombase?

As I said before: Decapitalizating the whole game would take a HUGE amount of time. There are some branches that decapitalize the game but they are pretty old and it's not a necessary feature, so I don't want to spend a huge amount of time merging it into the project.

However, anybody is free to modify the project and do a Pull Request on Github. I would gladly add it.

Great rom hack. I think this one of the most solid Emerald hacks currently. My playthrough I enabled random items and noticed that it isn't implemented very well. Often I was picking up the same mail. This tells me that items replace a specific item not the location (at least that's how it appears). Like all Super Potions are replaced by Mech Mail in my case. I would like a more random distribution but that's just personal preference. I enjoy dynamic gameplay so randomizers are wonderful. I haven't enabled any random encounters or anything.

In the HyperTraining house, the Lv.1 Pokemon are able to be shiny (I encountered Shiny Gardevoir). That's kinda crazy. Idk if it's intended. It seems like it isn't intended as the Pokemon appear as uncatchable wild Pokemon (I assume so that the battles go quickly, and so you don't also earn money). I just wanted to point that out.

Also it seems like Pokemon Emerald's broken RNG system is still there. I don't recall if that's fixable in the romhacking world, and it's not totally crucial. The only thing it really affects is soft resetting for shinies which, if that's what you're into then it could make it very difficult.

I have more suggestions but I'll save that for another time. I really enjoy this romhack and I can see myself revisiting it mainly because of how dynamic and inclusive it is. I love the quality of life things such as being able to run away before throwing your Pokemon out. That should be in all Pokemon games.

Very nice work!

Random items are a feature not made by me, as it was included in the "Challenge menu". I don't know how it works and I can have a look to see if I can improve it, but don't expect anything.

HyperTraining pokémon are indeed wild pkm that you are not able to catch. I will see what can I do to fix this, shouldn't be too difficult.

Emerald RNG is fixed. According to documentation on pokeemerald, the fix is applied and is (should be) working.

Years
  • Random items are a feature not made by me, as it was included in the "Challenge menu". I don't know how it works and I can have a look to see if I can improve it, but don't expect anything.

This makes sense. It's a little bit of a shame because many things are unobtainable as a result. Which I suppose should be expected, but for example I cannot get any evolution stones as items given by NPCs are also random. In this case, the shard hunter gives out whatever replaces the stones. If you're lucky it's awesome but otherwise it creates roadblocks. Other examples like the Shoal Cave where items like Shoal Salt are replaced with a random item (in my case Mail). I think the random TMs from NPCs are neat and add that dynamic element I'd like to see from other items.

I'm gonna assume making changes to that might be too much work. I would like to see a solution to the above though. The best thing I would like to see would be truly random items on the ground (no mail). NPCs should give the same items as base game, or at the very least an alternate method for obtaining items that are only obtained once or through NPCs.

Perhaps a check where, if the playthrough has random items toggled, then an NPC to trade BP at the Battle Frontier would also toggle who maybe trades BP for these items.

Emerald RNG is fixed. According to documentation on pokeemerald, the fix is applied and is (should be) working.

Ah okay. Likely I had bad luck before switching to running away from the stationary Pokemon.

I think your choices for this Emerald hack have been awesome. I feel like this is quickly becoming the ultimate way to revisit Emerald. Nothing too absolute added to the game, such as "every Pokemon from gen # or gen # because it's possible", but instead things that make sense. Like if Pokemon Emerald were made on the GBA today, it would likely include many of the things you added such as the prevos and evos from gen 4+ that are related. Same with some moves to balance out the move pool.

Good stuff. Looking forward to future updates!

Years
    • Seen today
    I think there's still something wrong with the type effectiveness randomization. When I choose to randomize type effectiveness, the type chart does change, but always in the same thing. I always get Normal being ineffective against Normal.

Meanwhile, when I randomize anything else, like trainers' Pokemon, they always get different Pokemon, like they should.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I tried doing Mono Run and the starters randomized. I wanted to start with one of the hoenn starters for the run. Is that intentional?

Years
    • Seen today
    I think there's still something wrong with the type effectiveness randomization. When I choose to randomize type effectiveness, the type chart does change, but always in the same thing. I always get Normal being ineffective against Normal.

Meanwhile, when I randomize anything else, like trainers' Pokemon, they always get different Pokemon, like they should.

Type randomizer has been a pain in the ass. I will have a look.

I tried doing Mono Run and the starters randomized. I wanted to start with one of the hoenn starters for the run. Is that intentional?

Oh. I don't know. I can have a look.

However, don't expect "my look" anytime soon. I lost all my data and reinstalling everything related to dissasembly can sometimes be a pain in the ass.

Years
    • He/him
    • NZ
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Excuse me, if I may ask, does the selected difficulty of this hack effect the friendship values of Pokemon at all? Thank you very much and have a lovely day. Thank you for making this wonderful project.

Days
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    great mod! you should make a fire red one thanks for this mod, it's what i've been looking for

Back