• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
    • Seen today
    Excuse me, if I may ask, does the selected difficulty of this hack effect the friendship values of Pokemon at all? Thank you very much and have a lovely day. Thank you for making this wonderful project.

No, it does not. It uses 3rd gen friendship system though, so fainting will lower friendship.

great mod! you should make a fire red one thanks for this mod, it's what i've been looking for

Yes! I have thought of that. I don't know if I ever will.

Anyway to give Regieleki Hidden Power Ice? I can't use PKHex or more specifically PKHax to do it.

I'm not very good with the Hidden Power stuff, but you should be able to get it the usual way? Just a random chance according to its IVs.

Days
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just finished my first run of this mod and love it so far!
    I was hoping for a Metagross for my next run.
    Is there a possibility Beldum would become more available.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I'm not very good with the Hidden Power stuff, but you should be able to get it the usual way? Just a random chance according to its IVs.

I'm playing on Max IV mode so even if I had a save from before I caught it, it would still be impossible to reset for a different Hidden Power. I really asked because I never used this pokemon before so I didn't know it's movepool was so shallow. I'll just put up with it though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    Hello does someone know a good moveset for regidrago and regieleki in modern emerald? Also is there a Discord group for this game?

Years
    • He/him
    • NZ
    • Seen yesterday
    No, it does not. It uses 3rd gen friendship system though, so fainting will lower friendship.

Yes! I have thought of that. I don't know if I ever will.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Hi, I'm loving the game but the regieleki puzzle has me stumped
    Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    How do I control the gender of the pokemon I get through the debug menu? Every pokemon I've generated so far is female

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Definitely one of my all-time favourite hacks. Great implementation of QOL features, etc...but one of my favourite features of this hack are the lighted windows at night. This simple detail really adds to the night time atmosphere, unlike all of the other hacks with day/night cycles that just darken the entire scene. This is such a nice touch, I had to take a moment to give my praise. Great job on this title, mate 👍👍

Days
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    My all-time favorite pokemon hack as I love gen 3. Here are some of my problems and ideas to this hack.

Bug (or not?)
    I cannot use Flash Cannon as the game will reset to the intro.
    Also the game will crash if I use Master Ball.

Idea
    I'd love to have the new hidden abilities available for the mons. And someway to change the ability (Ability patch?)

Years
    • Seen today
    How do I control the gender of the pokemon I get through the debug menu? Every pokemon I've generated so far is female

I don't know if that's something you can control. The debug menu wasn't done by me, and it's probably defaulting every Pokémon to personality number 0, which is probably female. Anyway, that's my guess. I will have a look, but it's not something important and I can't promise I'll be able to fix it.

Definitely one of my all-time favourite hacks. Great implementation of QOL features, etc...but one of my favourite features of this hack are the lighted windows at night. This simple detail really adds to the night time atmosphere, unlike all of the other hacks with day/night cycles that just darken the entire scene. This is such a nice touch, I had to take a moment to give my praise. Great job on this title, mate 👍👍

Thanks! I'm still trying to do the same with doors. However, since doors are animated, I haven't found a reliable way to do it.

My all-time favorite pokemon hack as I love gen 3. Here are some of my problems and ideas to this hack.

Bug (or not?)
    I cannot use Flash Cannon as the game will reset to the intro.
    Also the game will crash if I use Master Ball.

Idea
    I'd love to have the new hidden abilities available for the mons. And someway to change the ability (Ability patch?)

Those crashes are not bugs. You are not using mGBA / real hardware or you are using an old mGBA build. Hackroms like mine are made with the "pokeemerald decompilation", which needs accurate emulators while not accurate emulators cause issues like the ones you described.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    I'm gonna start a playthru of this. It seems to be what I'm looking for: just the vanilla emerald experience but, well, modernized lol.

Is there a reason why the other version exp share is so expensive at P6,000?

By the way, the L + R + A to run away from encounters is difficult to do on mobile, as I already use both my thumbs to press L + R.

Bugs encountered so far:
    1. In battles, no pokeball graphic is shown when thrown. Probably due to follower pokemon?
    2. Not a bug per se but it would be helpful if STAB moves are highlighted in Bold in the info section. Useful for randomizer runs.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Soo I finally got my shiny charmander :D

I went to the safari zone and jumped up and down with my acro bike for about 13 hours straight nonstop in my bed watching movies and tv-series (I've catched a cold and im sick from work atm) but no shiny charmander that day…

Around 30-50 encounters of other pokemons I encountered 1 charmander… I realized that this might take a looong time even tho I set the shiny rate to 2048. The second day I brainlessly continued my quest for that golden charmander and after 2 hours I was about to give up. I suck at math but with that low encounter rate of finding a charmander AND it being shiny, it felt impossible.
    I thought hmm It must be easier to just breed one and soft reset the eggs, oh well… lets do a couple more encounters before I quit and maybe I get lucky. Lord behold! After 3 encounters a golden Charmander appeared and I, a 32 year old bearded self dependent man SCREAMED like a little kid xD

He is now a black dragon and I named him… Deathwing xD

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm gonna start a playthru of this. It seems to be what I'm looking for: just the vanilla emerald experience but, well, modernized lol.

Is there a reason why the other version exp share is so expensive at P6,000?

By the way, the L + R + A to run away from encounters is difficult to do on mobile, as I already use both my thumbs to press L + R.

Bugs encountered so far:
    1. In battles, no pokeball graphic is shown when thrown. Probably due to follower pokemon?
    2. Not a bug per se but it would be helpful if STAB moves are highlighted in Bold in the info section. Useful for randomizer runs.

The graphical bug is related to the emulator. mGBA is the emulator to use, as others can cause small issues like the one you described, or even crashes.
    The STAB move being highlighted is a good idea though, I'll add it to the list.

Soo I finally got my shiny charmander :D

I went to the safari zone and jumped up and down with my acro bike for about 13 hours straight nonstop in my bed watching movies and tv-series (I've catched a cold and im sick from work atm) but no shiny charmander that day…

Around 30-50 encounters of other pokemons I encountered 1 charmander… I realized that this might take a looong time even tho I set the shiny rate to 2048. The second day I brainlessly continued my quest for that golden charmander and after 2 hours I was about to give up. I suck at math but with that low encounter rate of finding a charmander AND it being shiny, it felt impossible.
    I thought hmm It must be easier to just breed one and soft reset the eggs, oh well… lets do a couple more encounters before I quit and maybe I get lucky. Lord behold! After 3 encounters a golden Charmander appeared and I, a 32 year old bearded self dependent man SCREAMED like a little kid xD

He is now a black dragon and I named him… Deathwing xD

Congrats! 🥳

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    The graphical bug is related to the emulator. mGBA is the emulator to use, as others can cause small issues like the one you described, or even crashes.
    The STAB move being highlighted is a good idea though, I'll add it to the list.
    Yeah like if the pokemon is a fire type and the move is fire type, it'll say Type/Fire.

But yes, I tried using four different emulators. MyBoy, Lemuroid, Retroarch mGBA, and Pizza Boy. I really tried to make Retroarch work. I read countless threads saying how terrible the UI is and they're right lol. But I forced myself to get used to it and looked into every setting.

Sadly though, I had to settle with Pizza Boy due to the severe lack of onscreen controls customization on Retroarch. As I play mainly on Android without a controller. And it looks like Pizza Boy is the most accurate standalone GBA emulator right now. mGBA is still the most accurate overall, of course.

Edit: Either Pokemon faint option is broken or I don't know how it's supposed to work. I let a pokemon get fainted and I was still able to heal it in the pokemon center.

Also, are you willing to look at the berry system in-game? Like faster growth rates or higher yields, maybe only in certain areas if that's too overpowered.

Bug: Description for Hasty mint is wrong.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    I don't think that Hidden Power is working as intended. My Gengar has Hidden Power Grass but it has no effect against Rhyhorn or Geodude. This seems that my Hidden Power is actually Electric instead of Grass.
    Gengar IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/31
    In addition, my Misdreavus has Hidden Power Fire but it is Super Effective against Geodude while Not Super Effective against Tropius.
    Misdreavus IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30

I play the game with mGBA.
    Savefile: View attachment Modern Emerald (v1.4.1).sav

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah like if the pokemon is a fire type and the move is fire type, it'll say Type/Fire.

But yes, I tried using four different emulators. MyBoy, Lemuroid, Retroarch mGBA, and Pizza Boy. I really tried to make Retroarch work. I read countless threads saying how terrible the UI is and they're right lol. But I forced myself to get used to it and looked into every setting.

Sadly though, I had to settle with Pizza Boy due to the severe lack of onscreen controls customization on Retroarch. As I play mainly on Android without a controller. And it looks like Pizza Boy is the most accurate standalone GBA emulator right now. mGBA is still the most accurate overall, of course.

Edit: Either Pokemon faint option is broken or I don't know how it's supposed to work. I let a pokemon get fainted and I was still able to heal it in the pokemon center.

Also, are you willing to look at the berry system in-game? Like faster growth rates or higher yields, maybe only in certain areas if that's too overpowered.

Bug: Description for Hasty mint is wrong.

You probably temporary checked (or permanently enabled) Nuzlocke, which in turn disables permanent fainting and you have to reenable it. It's a safety feature.

Having a optional berry system could be a great idea.

I don't think that Hidden Power is working as intended. My Gengar has Hidden Power Grass but it has no effect against Rhyhorn or Geodude. This seems that my Hidden Power is actually Electric instead of Grass.
    Gengar IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/31
    In addition, my Misdreavus has Hidden Power Fire but it is Super Effective against Geodude while Not Super Effective against Tropius.
    Misdreavus IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30

I play the game with mGBA.
    Savefile: View attachment 108598

I'll have a look. Thanks for the savegame, it's actually very useful.

EDIT: I've completely fixed the issue and now the game has Fairy Hidden Power as well as a new feature! As a byproduct, everybody's Pkm Hidden Power will be "changed" (more like corrected). You Shiny Gengar has Electric HP, your other Gengar has Ice HP and Misdreavus has Fire (I may be mistaken about this one, though).

Last edited:
    Back