• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    I totally forgot that was a thing. Yes, 1.3.5 has it.

I would love to create a totally modular hack-rom, and although not impossible, it requires too much time and it does not fill my vision for my hack-rom. Modern Emerald, as modular as it already is in many aspects, is a modernization of Pokémon Emerald and not a modular version of Emerald. I appreciate your comments and, in the future, I plan on making certain features modular so they can please everyone. I cannot guarantee that exactly what you ask becomes modular, but it's on the list.

Today I will also release 1.3.5, which notoriously fixes Leafeon's ability. This is the full changelog:

- Hard mode is now harder.
    - Paralysis doesn't affect electric types.
    - Steel doesn't resist Dark.
    - Spinda has had a cool buff. BST has been increased by 10 in every stat and it can learn Superpower. When using Superpower, it has a 50% chance of increasing the stats instead of decreasing them (like a 50% chance Contrary). Spinda has also a 1% chance of multiplying any damage by 2x. Not the best Pokémon, but certainly interesting.
    - Coins are half the price in the Game Corner.
    - Stat Reducing Berries now spawn in Route 123 (They will be there only if you start a new game, as they are set during it. You can still obtain them the usual way).
    - Stat Reducing Berries can now be used repeatedly without closing the party menu, and "Use" has been moved as the first option in the bag.
    - Battle Frontier now loads different sets of Pokémon according to the option "Physical / Special Split" (it was loaded in 1.3.4, but now all data has been finished).
    - Debug menu can be enabled by everybody so you can cheat or modify whatever you want. To enable it, just press "SELECT" + "START" inside the options menu and you'll hear a noise. Pressing "START" to open the menu from that moment will show a "DEBUG" option at the bottom. It can also be opened with "R" + "START". Be careful, using certain options can break your save so I'm not responsible for any misuse.

I'll release it in a few hours after I test it and fix any minor bugs.

Next updates will focus on modularity, not on new features.

Edit: 1.3.5 out

I'm not too sure how I feel about the DEBUG option being enabled... but since I completed everything, hey why not? Time to steamroll through the Battle Tower with some busted hackmons hehe.

Besides that, the changes above are pretty neat!

Love the work!

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not too sure how I feel about the DEBUG option being enabled... but since I completed everything, hey why not? Time to steamroll through the Battle Tower with some busted hackmons hehe.

Besides that, the changes above are pretty neat!

Love the work!

It's optional and has to be enabled by a combination of buttons most people won't use unless they read about it. It's fine.

Days
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hi, this is the closest Hack I've seen that fits my needs, I believe any hack should utilise modular options.

A question, is it possible to enable some of the Nuzlocke options without applying the one pikemon per route rule? I personally live the release on faint rule, but currently it cannot be activated by itself. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen today
    I just uploaded 1.3.5b which hotfixes 1 minor bug from Hard Mode and adds Earth Power to Typhlosion (instead of Earthquake, which is a TM). If you don't need or want either you can stay on 1.3.5(a).

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Also is there a combination of settings that turns off EVs altogether ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Great hack! Two issues I've noticed(in 1.3.5):
    -Growth still works like it used to in Gen 3(at least by not boosting Attack, I didn't see it used in sunlight but I'm guessing that's untouched too);
    -High Jump Kick user not taking crash damage on miss- specifically, I noticed it in a battle against Winstrate Grandma- her Meditite attacked my Misdreavus(which was just switched in) and remained unharmed even though it should've taken half its health off.

Is there any list of moves added to the game(like the OP claims was done for balancing reasons)? Curious about that. Cheers!

Years
    • Seen today
    Great hack! Two issues I've noticed(in 1.3.5):
    -Growth still works like it used to in Gen 3(at least by not boosting Attack, I didn't see it used in sunlight but I'm guessing that's untouched too);
    -High Jump Kick user not taking crash damage on miss- specifically, I noticed it in a battle against Winstrate Grandma- her Meditite attacked my Misdreavus(which was just switched in) and remained unharmed even though it should've taken half its health off.

Is there any list of moves added to the game(like the OP claims was done for balancing reasons)? Curious about that. Cheers!

Both are not bugs:

Growth has not been updated and probably won't be.
    Misdreavous is immune to Fighting-type moves and until Gen IV, High Jump Kick didn't damage the user if there was an immunity.

New moves are: Dark Pulse, Psycho Cut, Focus Blast, Power Gem, Shadow Claw, Flash Cannon, Air Slash, Bug Buzz, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Play Rough, Moonblast, Poison Jab.
    Except for some of them, all Gen III moves have been updated to their lastest gen stats. Night Shade has been redone (doesn't deal fixed damage), and Charge too (increases Sp. Def).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Both are not bugs:

Growth has not been updated and probably won't be.
    Misdreavous is immune to Fighting-type moves and until Gen IV, High Jump Kick didn't damage the user if there was an immunity.

New moves are: Dark Pulse, Psycho Cut, Focus Blast, Power Gem, Shadow Claw, Flash Cannon, Air Slash, Bug Buzz, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Play Rough, Moonblast, Poison Jab.
    Except for some of them, all Gen III moves have been updated to their lastest gen stats. Night Shade has been redone (doesn't deal fixed damage), and Charge too (increases Sp. Def).

I see. Thanks!

I have one idea regarding adding moves: Disarming Voice or Fairy Wind, obviously for Fairy types.
    I notice that all the new moves added are high-power ones, and that's fine, low-power moves for other types are not so necessary because some have already existed in Gen 3. On the other hand, Fairy type- obviously- had nothing in Gen 3. So while having Moonblast and Play Rough is good for late game balance, Fairies suffer in early stages, not having low-power STAB moves to deal with opponents (mostly noticeable with Ralts unable to fight Dark types, where a weak Fairy STAB would do the trick).

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Hi ! Can we actually hatch eggs ?
    The one obtained at the hot springs states "ready to be hatched, but blocked by nuzlocke encounter"
    Also, are static encounters like Legendaries catchable even if we already caught/encountered a Pokemon in their zone ? (ex : Rayquaza at Sky Pillar).

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi ! Can we actually hatch eggs ?
    The one obtained at the hot springs states "ready to be hatched, but blocked by nuzlocke encounter"
    Also, are static encounters like Legendaries catchable even if we already caught/encountered a Pokemon in their zone ? (ex : Rayquaza at Sky Pillar).

If you go to a place where you haven't had any encounter yet you will be able to hatch it. If there are no encounter zones available, no, there is no way to hatch it.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    I cant seem to get the debug menu to appear. I must be doing something wrong or misinterpreting the instructions, can someone give me a very specific explanation? I feel so dumb lol

Edit: I had to be on 1.3.5, I was still on 1.3.4 lol

Last edited:
    Back