• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Newbie needs help

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    Hey there everybody!

I just joined the forum so I would like to start of by saying hello to everyone, my name is Lloyd and I am a Pokémon newbie, lol.

Pokémon Y was really the first Pokémon Game i really got in to and actually completed (story wise any way) and. I still play it.

But the problem is, I see loads of people in trades that manage to get some Awesome Pokémon and it leads me to Wonder how on earth did they find all of these Pokémon???

The only Legendaries I have is Articuno, MewTwo, Zyguard and Yveltal and thats about it!

Can anybody offer me some tips or help me find these Awesome Pokémon's that I see in trade?

Thanks for taking the time reading this :)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    We have the trade corner, right over here! Just click the link, and you'll be taken there :)

There's also the X/Y quick question thread, found here. I'm sure you can ask for help in your game there, just read the first post and you'll be all set.

There's also the main X/Y forums over here. Good luck :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2014
    just go to the spots that they look like they come from. but sometimes its just good to trade for them

also I am a new guy to the forum but Ive played pokemon forever i have pokemon black, white, heartgold, white 2, x and y. i beat all games but heartgold, white2, and y I know how to beat them though

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostbitePC

Frostbite
    Years
    Wow, welcome then! Yeah, like Nonon said, you could check the trade corner. Offer them something good and you'll get good pokemon in return.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    But the problem is, I see loads of people in trades that manage to get some Awesome Pokémon and it leads me to Wonder how on earth did they find all of these Pokémon??
    There's a bunch of ways, really. One would be that they got those Pokémon from older games (e.g. Pokémon BW/B2W2, or the 4th gen games HGSS or DPPt, etc). You can transfer Pokémon from older games up to X&Y via Pokémon Bank.

So that'd explain why people can have a lot of legendaries. And they can just replay the older games and catch them again if they want more.

Some people (like myself) also have a bunch of shiny Pokémon. They can be gotten in a variety of ways, from trading with others, to chaining (via the Poké Rader item in X&Y/DPPt), breeding Pokémon in a specific manner (Masuda Method, google it if you are curious), and just plain old dumb luck.

And some people just work their way to rare Pokémon by trades only. For instance, they may breed a bunch of rare Pokémon, say a starter Pokémon not able to be caught in the current generation (e.g. Totodile) or ones with rare abilities, and offer them up as trading for Pokémon they want. Some can be in rather high demand.

Back