• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thanks it worked, for some reason in the folder there was no 2 file but a 3.
    Not sure how that happened, that was a problem with an earlier version which has since been fixed. Glad it's working now though!
    I can't make them work on my New3DS. Lastest luma and firmware update.

Tried everything I could, even tried in UM/US with and without update but crashes at the start with an arm11 error on both games. The games work fine with other hacks and without them. No other patches or cheats were used.

Hi, thanks for making the rom hack.
    I'm having the Mart Freeze on route 1/2 as well. I'm using both the latest rabalanced and extra files for citra provided on your drive link. I've followed the installation steps thoroughly, and I'm still having the mart freeze bug. I've tried with different shop.cro files on both the rom and the update, and the error still exists. Maybe you accidentaly uploaded the wrong shop.cro file? Either way, I've looked at all the past replies, tried everything mentioned, built and rebuilt both the game AND the update several times, tried every shop.cro combination possible (using the ones in the rebalanced folder and the one in the citra extra files folder) and the issue was not solved :/ Could it be something else besides the Shop.cro file? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? NGL, Im quite confused lol
    Thanks in advance fam :]
    Hey, I can't replicate either of these issues (though I don't have a new 3DS to test on, but that shouldn't matter). I've rebuilt and tested every version on both citra and a 3DS and they all seem to be working fine, so I'm going to re-upload everything and hope that this was either caused by Google drive, or that there was an outdated version on there.

Regarding the marts, do both of the vendors in the mart cause a crash? I'm using a post game save to test this, so if it's just the regular vendor that crashes there might be an issue with the early game mart data.

I'm still uncertain how to update the game version. Is there a video on it or a pdf guide?
    Edit: the rom hack's version, from 1.3.4 (I think), to 2.0, not the game's version.
    The steps in the install guide pdf are the exact same process as updating the hack version. If your ROM is still not extracting properly I suggest getting another copy from a different source and seeing if that works, or trying a different tool. 3DS homebrew tools tend to be unreliable (some versions will work for some people but not for others), so you could give Asia81's toolkit a try instead of the dotnet one. There's a link to all versions of it in the install pdf.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2020
    I seem to have run into a problem where the game freezes after the introduction cutscenes with kukui and lillie. Ive tried making a fresh install but it didn't seem to work. Any idea what could have caused this?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, I can't replicate either of these issues (though I don't have a new 3DS to test on, but that shouldn't matter). I've rebuilt and tested every version on both citra and a 3DS and they all seem to be working fine, so I'm going to re-upload everything and hope that this was either caused by Google drive, or that there was an outdated version on there.

Redownloaded again for US and UM and nope, still crashes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Not sure how that happened, that was a problem with an earlier version which has since been fixed. Glad it's working now though!

Regarding the marts, do both of the vendors in the mart cause a crash? I'm using a post game save to test this, so if it's just the regular vendor that crashes there might be an issue with the early game mart data.

The steps in the install guide pdf are the exact same process as updating the hack version. If your ROM is still not extracting properly I suggest getting another copy from a different source and seeing if that works, or trying a different tool. 3DS homebrew tools tend to be unreliable (some versions will work for some people but not for others), so you could give Asia81's toolkit a try instead of the dotnet one. There's a link to all versions of it in the install pdf.

Yeah, it still freezes :c
    And it happens on both marts, I tested with another save file. Maybe its the game or update region? I feel dumb nr ngl
    My game is USA, the update says its worldwide. Sry I can't be of much help fam

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2020
    Excuse me sir but your ultra difficulty is just the dumbest thing ever... It's fucking unplayable, got a lv70 team os by a karapagos lv60...

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2020
    Omfg it's fucking insane! I'm stuck to this scientist with Porygon2 and Porygon z! This coward only spam heal and triple attack I can't do anything! Why the fuck have you this idea? The difficulty was perfect! Why did you boost it? It's unplayable!

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Omfg it's fucking insane! I'm stuck to this scientist with Porygon2 and Porygon z! This coward only spam heal and triple attack I can't do anything! Why the fuck have you this idea? The difficulty was perfect! Why did you boost it? It's unplayable!

Just get good, learn competitive play and stop being a casual
    OR
    use the version without the difficulty change

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023

I've succeeded in a Nuzlocke of this game before so it's not exactly unplayable clearly. Nobody is making you play the version with the amped up difficulty incidentally.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2020
    Sorry for my toxicity yesterday... I wasn't in a good mood... This romhack is really good because of the difficulty and the catch em all feature, this is why I choosed it, and I have to thanks the dev for this!

The only thing I miss is national dex, but I guess it's impossible to introduce it...

Years
  • So. Umm. Is the shiny rate increased in these games? Because I got a shiny munchlax when I first played a few months ago, stopped and have that save file backed up, restarted and found a wild shiny Scraggy while grinding in Hau'Oli city, no SOS. If not, I'm increeeddiiibbllyyy lucky XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I seem to have run into a problem where the game freezes after the introduction cutscenes with kukui and lillie. Ive tried making a fresh install but it didn't seem to work. Any idea what could have caused this?
    Could be an issue with the code.bin/code.ips file. Are you playing on citra or a 3DS?

Redownloaded again for US and UM and nope, still crashes.
    That's really strange. Could you try without the update and without the code.ips file?

Yeah, it still freezes :c
    And it happens on both marts, I tested with another save file. Maybe its the game or update region? I feel dumb nr ngl
    My game is USA, the update says its worldwide. Sry I can't be of much help fam
    AFAIK the update is the same everywhere, it should be okay. Could try copying the shop.cro straight into the ROM but I think that'd cause the same problem. Sorry I can't be more helpful, I have no idea why that's happening.

Sorry for my toxicity yesterday... I wasn't in a good mood... This romhack is really good because of the difficulty and the catch em all feature, this is why I choosed it, and I have to thanks the dev for this!

The only thing I miss is national dex, but I guess it's impossible to introduce it...
    That's okay. Fair warning though, Ultra Necrozma is a major difficulty spike so make sure you're prepared for that one. Yeah I'd like to have the national dex too but I don't think I'll ever be able to add it.

So. Umm. Is the shiny rate increased in these games? Because I got a shiny munchlax when I first played a few months ago, stopped and have that save file backed up, restarted and found a wild shiny Scraggy while grinding in Hau'Oli city, no SOS. If not, I'm increeeddiiibbllyyy lucky XD
    Nope it's the usual rate, you're just very lucky!

Years
    • Seen today
    That's really strange. Could you try without the update and without the code.ips file?

Nope, same crash both Ultra sun and Ultra moon. Only thing that "worked" was setting my 3DS language to English. Didn't crash, but the game didn't load, just an infinite black screen.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2019
    I really like the hack so far, so thanks for making it :D.

By the way, in the documentation it says that Dunsparce is supposed to have the secondary ability "Simple", however it's still "run away" ingame.
    The ability change for other pokemon are working.
    (Playing Photonic Sun rebalanced on 3ds in case that is important)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I really like the hack so far, so thanks for making it :D.

By the way, in the documentation it says that Dunsparce is supposed to have the secondary ability "Simple", however it's still "run away" ingame.
    The ability change for other pokemon are working.
    (Playing Photonic Sun rebalanced on 3ds in case that is important)

You're welcome! Sorry about the Dunsparce error, I'm uploading a fix for that now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2019
    Buffel thanks for the hack. I've been trying to get Diancie from Carbink SOS and after about 2 hours I gave up. Is the rate insanely low or could this be a bug?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I figured out my problem with updating...I didn't decrypt the game file first.
    Oooh that explains it. You'd think the tool would just say that instead of giving you that cryptic error.
    Buffel thanks for the hack. I've been trying to get Diancie from Carbink SOS and after about 2 hours I gave up. Is the rate insanely low or could this be a bug?
    You're welcome! It's an insanely low rate; the same as the Salamence called by Bagon on Route 3, which IIRC was found to be 1%. I might bump it up a bit when I get around to fixing the wild encounter issue on Route 1, it's a pretty ridiculous grind.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you take suggestion of buffing pokemon? Haha would love to see some pokemon like Meganium and Feralight to get buffed a bit more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Do you take suggestion of buffing pokemon? Haha would love to see some pokemon like Meganium and Feralight to get buffed a bit more.
    Yeah, generally if I like the suggestions or they're requested frequently I'll add them to the game. Did you have something in mind for those two?

Back