• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, generally if I like the suggestions or they're requested frequently I'll add them to the game. Did you have something in mind for those two?
    Maybe changes like these, hopefully it isn't too drastic

Meganium - give it a fitting secondary typing (Fairy perhaps?) and access to new moves
    Feraligtr - bst boost to Speed (78 > 88) , reduce its SpAtk as a tradeoff (79>69)
    Darmanitan - give access to Drain Punch/some form of recovery moves

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Maybe changes like these, hopefully it isn't too drastic

Meganium - give it a fitting secondary typing (Fairy perhaps?) and access to new moves
    Feraligtr - bst boost to Speed (78 > 88) , reduce its SpAtk as a tradeoff (79>69)
    Darmanitan - give access to Drain Punch/some form of recovery moves
    Those all seem reasonable, I'll add them in next time I update the hack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2019
    Hey, I'm wondering if maybe I'm missing something, when I extract update 1.2 there are no "ExtractedExeFS" and "ExtractedRomFS" folders but if I extract update 1.1 there are?

Edit: I managed to get it working with HackingToolkit9DS v12 (which was a nightmare in its own right) and it appears to be working (no mart crash or anything) but things are still a little weird and I'm concerned things might break later on.
    The obvious thing that is an "issue" is this imgur.com/Dh2qMRe
    Thoughts?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, I'm wondering if maybe I'm missing something, when I extract update 1.2 there are no "ExtractedExeFS" and "ExtractedRomFS" folders but if I extract update 1.1 there are?

Edit: I managed to get it working with HackingToolkit9DS v12 (which was a nightmare in its own right) and it appears to be working (no mart crash or anything) but things are still a little weird and I'm concerned things might break later on.
    The obvious thing that is an "issue" is this imgur.com/Dh2qMRe
    Thoughts?
    If everything is working in game it's probably safe to ignore that. I don't what would cause it, could just be an issue with the hacking toolkit. Was it showing up as region free before the edited update was applied?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2019
    I have since extracted it with v12 and rebuilt with v9 and everything looks good, it's probably worth mentioning though that there must have been a lot missing from the repackaged file using v12 because it's almost 3mb smaller, I also can't extract that copy of the file either.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    Having a lot of fun playing the hack, great job!

SOS calls for the Grimers in Hau'oli and the Trainer School seem to only be spawning Alolan Grimers, no Kanto forms like it says in the documentation. I'm playing Standard version if that matters.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I have since extracted it with v12 and rebuilt with v9 and everything looks good, it's probably worth mentioning though that there must have been a lot missing from the repackaged file using v12 because it's almost 3mb smaller, I also can't extract that copy of the file either.
    Hopefully it hasn't cut anything important. It's not uncommon for rom hacking tools to trim extra data, but it shouldn't be happening with the update. As long as the shops and TMs work it might not matter.
    Having a lot of fun playing the hack, great job!

SOS calls for the Grimers in Hau'oli and the Trainer School seem to only be spawning Alolan Grimers, no Kanto forms like it says in the documentation. I'm playing Standard version if that matters.
    Thanks! PK3DS shows that they're there in all grass patches day and night, but I have no idea what their appearance rate is. Might need adjusting if you still haven't found one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    Howdy, I just got to playing the rebalanced version of Prismatic moon on Citra yesterday and I really enjoy it so far! I enjoy the changes you made to the weaker pokemon immensely and it's great to see these changes.

I came to ask if there was a way to remove the outlines of the models in the game like you can do with the original version of USUM. I tried looking up some guides but I realized they don't apply since the game has already been modified. Would you have to apply a patch that removes the outlines before starting the process of building the new rom with the hack applied? Or is there a way to apply a "no outline" patch/hexadecimal edit after the hack is applied to the original rom?

Again, thanks for making this, I truly appreciate the work that has been done here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Small update today, I've finally fixed the wild encounters on Route 1 so they match the documents at the start of the game too. Also added the Pokemon changes suggested by Vizier to the rebalanced versions.

Howdy, I just got to playing the rebalanced version of Prismatic moon on Citra yesterday and I really enjoy it so far! I enjoy the changes you made to the weaker pokemon immensely and it's great to see these changes.

I came to ask if there was a way to remove the outlines of the models in the game like you can do with the original version of USUM. I tried looking up some guides but I realized they don't apply since the game has already been modified. Would you have to apply a patch that removes the outlines before starting the process of building the new rom with the hack applied? Or is there a way to apply a "no outline" patch/hexadecimal edit after the hack is applied to the original rom?

Again, thanks for making this, I truly appreciate the work that has been done here.

Thanks, glad you're enjoying the hack!

If there's a no outlines patch for the latest update of the game you can apply that to the code.bin in the modified title update (see part three of the install guide), and then rebuild the update and reinstall it; no need to touch the ROM itself as the update overrides it. There shouldn't be any issues with using a patch, but if you're comfortable hex editing the code.bin I'd highly recommend doing that instead.

Hope you like the rest of the hack!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If there's a no outlines patch for the latest update of the game you can apply that to the code.bin in the modified title update (see part three of the install guide), and then rebuild the update and reinstall it; no need to touch the ROM itself as the update overrides it. There shouldn't be any issues with using a patch, but if you're comfortable hex editing the code.bin I'd highly recommend doing that instead.

Hello! I wanna know the same thing as the person above. The thing is that I'm doing it to play on the 3DS, and can't find no code.bin file. Is it the same file as the .ips one? Can I patch that with the outlines patch file?

Sorry, I'm super new to all this and just wanna know if I'm not destroying anything. I should be starting the hack later today and I'm very hyped about it, it seems great! Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello! I wanna know the same thing as the person above. The thing is that I'm doing it to play on the 3DS, and can't find no code.bin file. Is it the same file as the .ips one? Can I patch that with the outlines patch file?

Sorry, I'm super new to all this and just wanna know if I'm not destroying anything. I should be starting the hack later today and I'm very hyped about it, it seems great! Thank you!

Hey, it's slightly different for the 3DS; the .ips file included with the hack's luma files is a patch for the code.bin, so it can't be easily edited to include the no outlines patch. The easiest way to get no outlines on the 3DS is the following:
    • Get the appropriate code.bin file for your version from the from the "extra files for citra" folder in the hack's Google drive
    • Edit/patch that with the no outlines mod (make sure it's a patch for the latest official update for the games, or use a hex editor to make the changes manually)
    • Copy the edited code.bin to the same place as the code.ips
    • Delete the code.ips file
    If you need any more info I'm happy to help or try to clarify things. Hope you enjoy the hack!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, it's slightly different for the 3DS; the .ips file included with the hack's luma files is a patch for the code.bin, so it can't be easily edited to include the no outlines patch. The easiest way to get no outlines on the 3DS is the following:
    • Get the appropriate code.bin file for your version from the from the "extra files for citra" folder in the hack's Google drive
    • Edit/patch that with the no outlines mod (make sure it's a patch for the latest official update for the games, or use a hex editor to make the changes manually)
    • Copy the edited code.bin to the same place as the code.ips
    • Delete the code.ips file
    If you need any more info I'm happy to help or try to clarify things. Hope you enjoy the hack!

Got it, just tried it, works 100%. Thank you so much!

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    Thanks, glad you're enjoying the hack!

Hope you like the rest of the hack!

Hello, I've come back to report that hex editing was easy enough for me to accomplish. Thank you for explaining that I only needed to edit the code.bin file within the update to remove the outlines.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Another buff suggestions if you don't mind

- Zoroark : buff its Speed (105>125), reduce its Atk (105>85)
    - Politoed : secondary typing (Normal or Psychic?) and new moves
    - Leafeon : adds Filter as one of its ability
    - Adds another ability for pokemon like Slakoth/Slaking and Regigigas to make them usable. But Slaking has enormous stats so you might want to nerf it

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023

- Adds another ability for pokemon like Slakoth/Slaking and Regigigas to make them usable. But Slaking has enormous stats so you might want to nerf it
    Seconding Normal for Politoed, maybe with Boomburst added. And Slakoth and Slaking could get Slow Start, I believe Drayano gives them that. Regigigas is trickier though. Alternatively Klutz could work for all three of them so their massive stats can't be boosted further via a held item.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024

Seconding Normal for Politoed, maybe with Boomburst added. And Slakoth and Slaking could get Slow Start, I believe Drayano gives them that. Regigigas is trickier though. Alternatively Klutz could work for all three of them so their massive stats can't be boosted further via a held item.
    Illusion is too good vs the AI to buff Zoroark IMO, but Politoed, the Slakoth line and Regigigas could definitely use something. I'll probably just give Regigigas Clear Body and see how it goes; might be broken but there are plenty of stronger options by the time it's available.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Have you thought about giving Kantonian Marowak Technician? This would help it stand out from Alowak by giving it access to 150 BP Bonemerang, 90 BP Rock Tomb, while also boosting Shadow Sneak to be comparable in power to Alowak's.

Eventually you could give it Skill Link and Rock Blast, which would give it 125 BP Bone Rush as well. I would personally prefer Technician, but either of these would be fitting, given its combat skills according to some of its Pokedex entries.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A few more suggestions :

Farfetch'd : imo it needs some defensive buff (hp/def/spdef), perhaps matching Sirfetch'd defensive stats?
    Turtonator : Add additional effect to its signature move Shell Trap - burn or poison the attacking foes and reduce the attacker's Atk and Sp Atk by 1 level.
    Give it another ability like Iron Barbs/Aftermath

and Octazooka should have higher damage and accuracy

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Have you thought about giving Kantonian Marowak Technician? This would help it stand out from Alowak by giving it access to 150 BP Bonemerang, 90 BP Rock Tomb, while also boosting Shadow Sneak to be comparable in power to Alowak's.

Eventually you could give it Skill Link and Rock Blast, which would give it 125 BP Bone Rush as well. I would personally prefer Technician, but either of these would be fitting, given its combat skills according to some of its Pokedex entries.
    That sounds good, and it definitely fits thematically; it makes Bonemerang insanely strong but I doubt it'd break the game on Marowak.
    A few more suggestions :

Farfetch'd : imo it needs some defensive buff (hp/def/spdef), perhaps matching Sirfetch'd defensive stats?
    Turtonator : Add additional effect to its signature move Shell Trap - burn or poison the attacking foes and reduce the attacker's Atk and Sp Atk by 1 level.
    Give it another ability like Iron Barbs/Aftermath

and Octazooka should have higher damage and accuracy
    Those are all good suggestions too, I'll add them to the hacks next time I update them.

Back