• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokémon Pink Version: Special Clefairy Edition

Years
  • Hi all,

Ever since the 2020 Pokémon leak when we first learned about a possible Pokémon Pink, I have been curious to what that companion game could have been.

Thanks to sindorman's sprites on Instagram, I have been attempting to recreate his work in game. So here is my preview of Pokémon Pink Version: Special Clefairy Edition.

Pokémon Pink Version: Special Clefairy Edition

I have been using the pokeyellow disassembly, but I have been making slow progress outside of the easy changes, like swapping the starter or preventing evolution by moonstone. My difficulties have come more regarding the intro animation.

Apart from figuring how the animation is played, I also want to edit the tile mapping so I could fully utilize Clefairy's sprites. For example, this Pikachu frame mirror's the bottom two tiles, and I figure I could optimize the sprite in the same way, accounting for a one tile shorter, two wider, then needing to recenter it.

My goal is to make a version that can accompany Pokémon Yellow, and be able to trade and battle with unmodified copies of the Gen 1 games.

Planned Features:
    - Modified Opening movie and title screen, replacing Pikachu with Clefairy.
    - Clefairy is given as your starter from Oak.
    - Adjusted encounters to pair with those available and missing in Yellow, with a focus on making previously trade-only mons catchable in the wild.
    - All follow interactions sprites modified to reflect Clefairy.

I had this much done about this time last year, but dropped it due to frustration. I had some interest recently with the Chat GPT buzz with how it can understand code, but even after two days of poking I only have a vague idea of how. If I make any more progress with this hack, I'll obviously post here, but I figured I should share instead of just letting it sit to rot.

Credits:
    JcFerggy - Code adjustments and interaction sprites.
    sindorman - Clefairy's sprites for the opening and title.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    those clefairy portraits are the cutest thing in the observable universe holy hell....... you wouldn't happen to have a github repository up for this yet would you??

Days
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    If there is any way to lemme know when this makes more progress, and especially let me know when it is downloadable, then please lemme know!!!

SmolBee

Pokemon Coordinatior SmolBee
    Years
  • i know op hasn't been here in a few months, but just in case they come back, i just want to say that this rom hack is the reason i bothered to log in after years, and i have been looking for one like it for some time! please if possible if you work on it again, just letting you know you have at least one person who would play it completely through lol. also maybe female trainer pls :woop:

Back