• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • Why would you think that? It's likely that it was fixed on its way outside of Japan. There's really not that much of a difference between different region-coded roms.
    Because there are different region versions, code is most likely similar but fundamentally different.
    I mean... if there is a glitch in JP/USA/PAL version and not in some other version, don't you think someone would try to abuse the glitch in the other version?

tayub121

Inventor
    Years
  • This may be the best GBA hack ever when it is released. Keep up the good work! It's quite impressive.

Also, I'm interested in the form change of a Pokemon when it is given an item to hold and the new evolution methods. If you or daniilS could make a tutorial for that it would be awesome!

Seriously this hack is impressive. I've been watching your youtube videos, your game will have the GEN IV feel for sure!

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    This may be the best GBA hack ever when it is released. Keep up the good work! It's quite impressive.

Also, I'm interested in the form change of a Pokemon when it is given an item to hold and the new evolution methods. If you or daniilS could make a tutorial for that it would be awesome!

Seriously this hack is impressive. I've been watching your youtube videos, your game will have the GEN IV feel for sure!

The hold item forme change is just two simple routines, but I can publish them if you want.
    As for the evo methods, we got them straight from [user]Jambo51[/user] so all credits for that go to Jambo and you should ask him.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Thanks to MEH, we now have proper screenshots!
    Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

But this isn't right

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Congratulations on winning Hack of the Month! Your thread will be stickied for the whole month of June until the next winner is announced. Keep up the great work!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Congratulations on winning Hack of the Month! Your thread will be stickied for the whole month of June until the next winner is announced. Keep up the great work!

Wow my first award :D

Congrats GoGo, I knew something like this would happen :D

Lets hope to receive some more!
    I wanna see how far we go

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • Everything nice. But it was still unreleased any beta. I think that you make on Kids Day an present for all. But nope. Still not beta. Anyways great work. About problem with Giratina. MEH have failure engine of using expanding Pokemon Table.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    The Region Map

Spoiler:
    So after looking at the maps for a while, I realized what was bugging me about the houses; there's no shadow, like in the original Platinum games. The house just doesn't look natural, which I'm assuming is because the houses lost their shadows, which reduces the 3D effect somewhat. I know the Gameboy system isn't really a 3D system, and you're just making it looking 3D, but is there a way to make the houses have shadow like they do in Platinum? Not sure what the limitations you're facing are, so I'm just curious lol.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • So after looking at the maps for a while, I realized what was bugging me about the houses; there's no shadow, like in the original Platinum games. The house just doesn't look natural, which I'm assuming is because the houses lost their shadows, which reduces the 3D effect somewhat. I know the Gameboy system isn't really a 3D system, and you're just making it looking 3D, but is there a way to make the houses have shadow like they do in Platinum? Not sure what the limitations you're facing are, so I'm just curious lol.

The answer is in the FAQ section.

Years
  • You're making some really awesome progress dere. xP

Question sir:

Will you be incorporating things to evolve pokemon with that can't be done originally in a gba hack?

Such as getting Machamp, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Alakazam, etc. by trade?

Perhaps, maybe adding something like a "trade stone".

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • You're making some really awesome progress dere. xP

Question sir:

Will you be incorporating things to evolve pokemon with that can't be done originally in a gba hack?

Such as getting Machamp, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Alakazam, etc. by trade?

Perhaps, maybe adding something like a "trade stone".

No. You will need to trade them to get them. Doing the other way is extremely lazy and uncalled for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back