• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • Wa-wa-wa-walking diagonally? How? How? How does this work? What buttons do I press? This is the best hack ever!

It's easy to do
    If you wanna go right-up, you press right and up
    Such brain power :D

Also this is all thanks to daniilS and knizz

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Wa-wa-wa-walking diagonally? How? How? How does this work? What buttons do I press? This is the best hack ever!

I'm guessing it's for DW.

I misunderstood diagonal for some reason, but now I understand its 8 directional walking.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What are the benefits of diagonal walking, though? It is a nice feature, but I really cant recall instances in which diagonal walking would be more helpful than normal four directions walking.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    It lets you walk more freely, more naturally, more like in gen 6. However, at the moment it's still heavily in development, so be patient. The map rendering code doesn't really like it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    It lets you walk more freely, more naturally, more like in gen 6. However, at the moment it's still heavily in development, so be patient. The map rendering code doesn't really like it.

Do you currently have a picture or video or something that we can gawk at?

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • dude, I always checking this thread for new stuffs... so badass badass badass badassss
    cant wait for final release!

BlueEon

Weavile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    OMFG, Diagonal walking is a thing, I can't even believe it! How do you guys implement that on a Gameboy Rom Hack? This could EASILY be the best hacke ever made, no kidding.
    Hope you do a good job on the Mt. Coronet music, it's one of the best music piece in DPP.
    Keep up the good work, I'll be cheering for ya. ✌️👍

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    One of the best or maybe the best hack is in progress! GREAT JOB MAN! I can't believe... Amazing!
    This is really very difficult and requires a lot of knowledge, wonderful!

One of the best or maybe the best hack is in progress! GREAT JOB MAN! I can't believe... Amazing!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • OMFG, Diagonal walking is a thing, I can't even believe it! How do you guys implement that on a Gameboy Rom Hack? This could EASILY be the best hacke ever made, no kidding.
    Hope you do a good job on the Mt. Coronet music, it's one of the best music piece in DPP.
    Keep up the good work, I'll be cheering for ya. ✌️👍

All of the music is already done. Point blank. Night, day, extras, it's done.

Thanks for the positive feedback, hopefully we get hoty this year or maybe next since this year may not have a chance lol

On a positive note diagonal walking is almost done so you'll get a little vid or gif of that.
    Since nobody has really decided to sprite Lucas and Dawn diagonally walking we may have to use some placeholders lol

Reactions: iv0

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • I'm really happy that you guys are figuring out a way for moving diagonally too, not only is it a breakthrough in gba pokemon rom hacking as a whole, but it gives me another reason to play Platinum Blue as well as play Platinum Red, even though that's not going to have diagonal movement. Anyway, keep up the good work guys! :D
    #GoGodoesn'tStopStop

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I'm really happy that you guys are figuring out a way for moving diagonally too, not only is it a breakthrough in gba pokemon rom hacking as a whole, but it gives me another reason to play Platinum Blue as well as play Platinum Red, even though that's not going to have diagonal movement. Anyway, keep up the good work guys! :D
    #GoGodoesn'tStopStop

Diagonal walking and EXP when catching pokemon are going to be the only gen 6 mechanics as of now. No fairy type or moves, but you've got some nice features don't ya :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back