• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • AMAZING!! I'm glad I could help!

If you would like full credit, I could credit you in each video description along with the first post on each site the thread is on. I'll also edit the previous posts showcasing this :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • MAJOR UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVYD4ZB4bBY

Fully functional title screens, they work!
    Credits to joltjolteon for the title screen art!

Adding to the video, I got the save delete function to work.
    Now when you press UP+SELECT+B a prompt comes up asking if you would like to delete all save data (just like regular Pokemon games do)

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • Adding to the video, I got the save delete function to work.
    Now when you press UP+SELECT+B a prompt comes up asking if you would like to delete all save data (just like regular Pokemon games do)

YES! YES! YES! AWESOME! YOU ARE AWESOME! And you can delete all save data? AWESOME!!!^^

aShNEyX

eXPeRt
    Years
  • You will totally amaze me if the DIAGONAL WALKING is fully functioning. Keep up it i hope beta will release sometime in 2015 keep it up can't wait to play :D

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • I like the main screen! :D It's NEARLY same as DS platinum, which is awesome. Felt those goosebumps caused by nostalgia when I first played platinum XD
    EXCITED! (more so for blue version)

I'm deeply sorry, it seems I misunderstood your questions, but I am not mad at all. So if you meant if it's possible to insert up to gen 6 pokes into a hack: yes, theoretically it's possible, but things like abilities and moves would make it hard. If you mean if our hack is going to have them, then no, because this is a gen 4 demake.
    As for PB, I'm sorry again, I thought everybody knew what it meant since it's so widely used throughout the thread.

Thank you for understanding me!

I would like to mention that these questions are really too simple to even have in the FAQ section, if you actually fully read the main post and other significant updates you can tell what is going to be in the hacks or not. You can even see what PB by just looking at the thread and the title, if PR stands for Platinum Red, PB will obviously stand for Platinum Blue. As for including all pokemon, it is possible in a hack, but Platinum Red definitely won't have every single pokemon because it is a Platinum demake and I really don't believe Platinum Blue will have every single pokemon because the goal for that hack is to be a fresh take on Platinum so I really doubt they'll add newer pokemon. Really, all you have to do is read the first post and just use a little bit of logic. ;)

I did read the whole first post, trust me there's no trace of the abbreviation anywhere at all.
    Infact a simple "ctrl + F" search gives no result for "pb" on page 1.
    "if PR stands for Platinum Red..." whoa there, how did you jump to the conclusion that this is known to me and PB is not? Proving the obviousness of 2 similar abbreviation co-relating each other is..how do I put it.. not smart.
    I don't know what do you expect the new readers here to do, go through the 78 pages or something?
    Sadly you failed to understand me. I certainly don't have "a bit of logic" as you claimed, sorry.

Last edited:

Unbalanced

Divine
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    Will the event be the only way of obtaining a jirachi in pokemon blue?
    I love the idea of getting rare one time only event pokemon are you going to make only legendaries for events or normal pokemon too?
    Also is this jirachi based on a real nintendo event? (i dont follow real life events since i dont own a ds or 3ds)

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Mapped the two indoor houses of Twinleaf Town. They're identical, so only the people in them differ.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Hi, could anybody tell me the date of christmas day? I'm jewish and we don't celebrate Christian Holidays...

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Since you weren't present on IRC when I shared what I thought of this hack, I'll go ahead and echo what I said before.

From what I see, the work shows follow through, however it also exhibits a lack of overall planning as well. The effort you put into the maps is great, however the design you're going with through flattened DS models... isn't working. The borderless accent the models had presented better in actuality because of the POV shifting that occurred as you moved through areas with Platinum's (and DP's) engine, but unless you can implement something of that effect with the GBA, this flaw is very comparable to having games locked at 30FPS for a cinematic effect (as a fresh example). What I suggest is that instead of going with some proprietary tileset or Nintendo's third gen work,you should instead do some shadowing and faux bordering work with the sprites you have inserted to make them appear more cleanly than now.

Aside from the overworld, the battle UI looks really polished... is it fully functional? The same I'll ask about the modified Birch's bag - do the Poké Balls and other UI bits move like they do in Platinum, or at least in a similarly well-appearing fashion?

Besides that, how far have you gotten with the hack? How far does the... zeroeth alpha go? Your Christmas release seems to be doing things with Twinleaf still so I don't imagine it's gone too far, but then again those might be reworks of older areas, or something. I hope it continues.

Years
  • I know... I can't believe I only have 10 days to complete it..

ah, but I know you'll do, trust you, I trust you! do not worry I know that is capable for what I've seen what you did! and do not think you need to do something so perfect after all is only the first alpha. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back