• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbalanced

Divine
Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    I was kidding too xD
    Are you sure the saves will work with future releases cause they tend to break with new betas...
    Atleast make it possible to trade the jirachi from this alpha to future betas
    And is the jirachi only available in the 25 and 26th december days only?
    Cant somebody change his devices time to get it?
    And is the event activated in alpha ips we download or we need to download a special ips in 25 & 26 to receive jirachi
    I dont want to play the alpha because i wait for the full games but i will play only to get the rare jirachi :D

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I was kidding too xD
    Are you sure the saves will work with future releases cause they tend to break with new betas...
    Atleast make it possible to trade the jirachi from this alpha to future betas
    And is the jirachi only available in the 25 and 26th december days only?
    Cant somebody change his devices time to get it?
    And is the event activated in alpha ips we download or we need to download a special ips in 25 & 26 to receive jirachi
    I dont want to play the alpha because i wait for the full games but i will play only to get the rare jirachi :D

The full games won't come out for a long time actually. Better to play the preview than not at all.

If you set your time backwards, the games detect it and prevent you from activating mystery gift. Platinum Blue stops all time-based events from happening altogether until your time is correct.

The saves will work with future releases due to the fact that there are no in-between events that disrupt the previous saves. If there were, then the saves wouldn't be compatible. But they will be for PR, so be thankful ;D

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • So this first alpha will be of red or blue version? (I assume both will be same up until now?)
    And great to see that the saves will work! I was thinking we have to trade so this is something nice.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • So this first alpha will be of red or blue version? (I assume both will be same up until now?)
    And great to see that the saves will work! I was thinking we have to trade so this is something nice.

I think Red. With Blue having extra features and all.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Gogo! How do I walk diagonally?

You press the up key
    You press the left key
    Result: You moved up-left. Achievement accomplished

So this first alpha will be of red or blue version? (I assume both will be same up until now?)

Only Platinum Red. Platinum Blue is far different.

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • I have a little question for OP, so from the screenshots I can see that your rom has a day/night system implemented, how are you handling it? Because AFAIK FR doesn't have RTC, so, are you handling it using playtime as a clock? The reason I'm asking it's that I want to play your rom on my GBA using a flashcard and the flashcard has no RTC support...

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I have a little question for OP, so from the screenshots I can see that your rom has a day/night system implemented, how are you handling it? Because AFAIK FR doesn't have RTC, so, are you handling it using playtime as a clock? The reason I'm asking it's that I want to play your rom on my GBA using a flashcard and the flashcard has no RTC support...

Well it doesn't do a RSE styled playtime set the clock sorta thing. It uses system time, be it a DS or PC or WII
    Stuff like that. However, if your flashcart doesn't support RTC, it'll be eternal day, and stuff that requires time-based events such as rotom and mystery gift and day/night music will not happen. It's kinda crummy, but that's how it works. If you want the Jirachi event for example, you'd have to get it on the specified date and time on a system with time first, then continue playing on your flashcart as you please. It's a little inconvenient, but so is downloading the game itself if you think about it lol. It's worth the extra step sometimes, you know?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Hype?

The ???

Years
  • Jeez! 2Hypedm8!
    By the way, the Jirachi would be holding the petaya berry? Like in the original events ? That berry is only obtainable that way
    That reminds me, there will be all the berries available right? :P

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Jeez! 2Hypedm8!
    By the way, the Jirachi would be holding the petaya berry? Like in the original events ? That berry is only obtainable that way
    That reminds me, there will be all the berries available right? :P

In the Jirachi post I made (which you can find a link to in the OP downloads section) I explain the specs of the Jirachi. However, regarding your berry question, all Platinum items are in prpb, even the ??? type plate which we've named the "Enigma Plate". It's only obtainable in PB, but you can trade it to PR for a ??? type Arceus (which actually exists in Platinum itself as well)
    The ??? type plate doesn't exist in Platinum, but I figured why not.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • In the Jirachi post I made (which you can find a link to in the OP downloads section) I explain the specs of the Jirachi. However, regarding your berry question, all Platinum items are in prpb, even the ??? type plate which we've named the "Enigma Plate". It's only obtainable in PB, but you can trade it to PR for a ??? type Arceus (which actually exists in Platinum itself as well)
    The ??? type plate doesn't exist in Platinum, but I figured why not.

It does. The ??? type was removed only since gen V.

Unbalanced

Divine
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    Just a few more hours left!!!
    Btw cant see the picture in the hype post can you post a link

The ???

Years
  • Oh nice, Liechi berry is fine too.. :) 1 more thing, developement of PB and PR willl go hand in hand? OR you will complete PR first then shift focus on PB

Edit: just some questions.. Since I bear the term "FULL DEMAKE" quite a lot of times in the thread, will you be (in future when more important stuff is done) :
    - Have animations for Pokemons and Trainers?
    - Have the 'Grass flowing away' animation when a wild battle begins in grass?
    - are there 100 TMs?
    - will there be mini info about Pokémons like 'likes to run', 'somewhat vain' etc?
    - will there be an event where we can get Azure Flute like items?
    - will there be a 3rd hidden ability? (In pb)
    - will the EVs be obtained by GenV onwards system? (In pb)

Now now I know I asked pretty "THATS-TOO-MUCH" questions for a GBA hack.. But I read the 1st 15 pages (moar actually) or so and I believe that you (and your team) CAN (maybe) do this. (COZ GTS IS DAAAMN)
    Just reply whether its possible / in your plans or not.

Also.. CANT WAIT! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

Last edited:

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • So I'm just wondering, what will the GTS be like? As far as I know, there's no online communications on GBA games. And Nintendo's DS servers are down permanently, so will we just have some text saying that there's no connection?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back