• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • I loved the beta. You have a lot of potential as a programmer. The only complaint from my side is that the lowermost part of the Pokemart is a little glitched. If possible could you fix it.
    And again awesome job....waiting for more :D

1zwku42.jpg

This is what i mean

That's actually an OAM glitch, idk why but it refuses to load properly. It's fixed already though for 1.3.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    With this demake being made, I wonder if one day someone will try to make a gen 5 hack... That would be insane! But cool... Looking forward to this more though atm. xD One thing at the time. Not like these things are quickly made. Which makes it even more awesome when they are finished.

I've wanted to try making a hack myself too, but I probably wouldn't have the time plus I prefer playing the games rather than making them. But oh, gosh, can you guys imagine how Disoriented World would look on a GBA? I remember the place being really weird, trippy and confusing. If the demake even gets close that's gonna be a blast!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • With this demake being made, I wonder if one day someone will try to make a gen 5 hack... That would be insane! But cool... Looking forward to this more though atm. xD One thing at the time. Not like these things are quickly made. Which makes it even more awesome when they are finished.

I've wanted to try making a hack myself too, but I probably wouldn't have the time plus I prefer playing the games rather than making them. But oh, gosh, can you guys imagine how Disoriented World would look on a GBA? I remember the place being really weird, trippy and confusing. If the demake even gets close that's gonna be a blast!

Well due to the absence of the Z coordinate it'll take some weird loading and moving around to pull off, but it's nothing impossible.

I say that if you have the idea of creating a hack, go ahead and try it. I got into hacking by finding Ruby Destiny, and when I decided to give it a go, this was the outcome. It's not difficult, only specific things take the extreme extra work, which nobody else seems to really do around here.

Many attempts have been made at creating gens 4-6 on gba, but none of them have been like this; every detail and little thing implemented. Adding gen 5 Pokemon to gen 3 doesn't make it black and white people. Some hacks are literally emerald with a yvetal, and it's "zomg gen 6 demake"

That's just my input though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    I know what you mean... Even if there are different maps, different Pokémon it still feels like gen 3. The graphics, music, even the way events play out is all important. A hack could still be good, using old assets but it might be less interesting for those who've already played the original generation plus loads of hacks based of it.

That's why I love all new upcoming hacks using more detailed graphics, sprites and maps. xD Doesn't even have to be 3D, but once you have gotten used to the newer Pokémon games going back too far is hard, especially with so many missing mechanics. Like, even if it's a tiny thing, whoever decided to add the ability to instantly refresh a repel as soon as the old one runs out is a freaking genius!

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    I know what you mean... Even if there are different maps, different Pokémon it still feels like gen 3. The graphics, music, even the way events play out is all important. A hack could still be good, using old assets but it might be less interesting for those who've already played the original generation plus loads of hacks based of it.

That's why I love all new upcoming hacks using more detailed graphics, sprites and maps. xD Doesn't even have to be 3D, but once you have gotten used to the newer Pokémon games going back too far is hard, especially with so many missing mechanics. Like, even if it's a tiny thing, whoever decided to add the ability to instantly refresh a repel as soon as the old one runs out is a freaking genius!

The music is exactly the same..

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Will you be working on Platinum Blue after Platinum Red is completed? Or are both being worked on simultaneously?

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Hmm that reminds me what i heard by russian guys that a 3ds emulator on android may come way faster than what people expect :D

Ok i think i will stop this offtopic xD
    Let's hope NOT. The gaming industry doesn't need it. It's another thing when a system is outdated and games for it are hard to find brand new. Like many DS and GBA games. If not all of them, except the most popular first party titles. Well no new GBA games are sold at all, unless you count digital versions.

I'm starting to think about which version I wanna play. I know Platinum and new content would be nice so perhaps the red version. =)

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Announcement

Alright guys

Since the hectic weeks have passed for both daniilS and I, we have time to continue again. I have all next week off, and the following Monday as well. Not sure about daniilS's schedule, but I know that progress will be rolling in.

However, I'd like some suggestions on this one. The Journal. Platinum's Journal was kinda annoying, but it was there, and it recorded everything you did from catch a Pokemon to restoring health. The question is, is it worth doing all of this for 1.3? Or can you guys wait? Obviously, implementing the Journal in the first alphas will slow down progress a lot, but it'd be out of the way. So leave a comment and let us know what you think.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Well, it doesent seem that important until a stable beta. So, i would say no!

Years
  • In my opinion, you should work less on Journal and more one Mapping/Scripting/etc, so the next beta will be "bigger". Journal seems not that important as other things.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I never really used the Journal to begin with, so I'd go with no until its stable.

Years
  • Alright guys

Since the hectic weeks have passed for both daniilS and I, we have time to continue again. I have all next week off, and the following Monday as well. Not sure about daniilS's schedule, but I know that progress will be rolling in.

However, I'd like some suggestions on this one. The Journal. Platinum's Journal was kinda annoying, but it was there, and it recorded everything you did from catch a Pokemon to restoring health. The question is, is it worth doing all of this for 1.3? Or can you guys wait? Obviously, implementing the Journal in the first alphas will slow down progress a lot, but it'd be out of the way. So leave a comment and let us know what you think.

I think you should just finish the stable beta, and then for the second beta you should put it in. Like people have said before me, the journal isn't super important and does nothing for the actual gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    eh? it's a good hack but when i capture a pokemon the game freeze......
    Nothing's finished. If you wait for the new demo such things should be fixed. ;)

I never liked the journal, to be honest. I found it super annoying. It's not needed until the full game is made.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Nothing's finished. If you wait for the new demo such things should be fixed. ;)

I never liked the journal, to be honest. I found it super annoying. It's not needed until the full game is made.

Umm, almost everything is finished except for maps and scripts. The reason it took 2 years to get a single alpha out is the fact that we redid the engine and added in all of the features first. Example, Arceus and Giratina forms. That's already included, however it's not used yet. So if we just pull through with these things we can have a really far in version.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Umm, almost everything is finished except for maps and scripts. The reason it took 2 years to get a single alpha out is the fact that we redid the engine and added in all of the features first. Example, Arceus and Giratina forms. That's already included, however it's not used yet. So if we just pull through with these things we can have a really far in version.

What will the next Alpha/Beta include? (Town, cities and routes)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back