• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2020
    It's been a while since the last update. Are you considering to release a new one any time soon?
    I've waiting for this a long time, and I love your work!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I've programmed wall generation and drawing:
    fACFd.jpg

(right now it's just random values but I'll do more later, this was just a test)

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Looks the same: is the same :)

Well, no, the original games prevent holes where loot can possibly be uncovered by default, and it takes influence from the tiles above, to the left, and in the top left corner (with a few checks for heartscale-shaped holes and 2x2 holes)

It also has a bias to not reveal too much of the original wall.

Using these methods it creates a smoother environment and one where there are no issues with exposed treasure or iron :)

Anyhoozle, I've coded all of the above now xD

3q0WO.jpg

The best part about testing this is I can change the random seed it generates on. I have 16,777,216 possible walls to generate from and it's fun to just see what your code creates on its own xD

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years

• Well, no, the original games prevent holes where loot can possibly be uncovered by default, and it takes influence from the tiles above, to the left, and in the top left corner (with a few checks for heartscale-shaped holes and 2x2 holes)

It also has a bias to not reveal too much of the original wall.

Using these methods it creates a smoother environment and one where there are no issues with exposed treasure or iron :)

Anyhoozle, I've coded all of the above now xD

3q0WO.jpg

The best part about testing this is I can change the random seed it generates on. I have 16,777,216 possible walls to generate from and it's fun to just see what your code creates on its own xD

Absolutely disgusting. Horrible. Shocking even! Random?! Wow. GoGo. What an atrocity. I love it. Good job! :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Wow, is there anything you can't do!?

I'm sure you'll be able to find a way to pull of the Super Contest if you are gonna include it! You are also making me feel curious on your Distortion World development, btw.

Great job as always, GoGo! Please keep up the efforts!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Is the Digging Minigame far enough along that you could post a quick video demo of you going through a couple walls with it? I'd be interested in seeing it in action.

Well right now the player is inside of the moving truck clicking a box to activate this, but I can create a .gif image to show some of the walls it generates..
    (without loot for now)

If that interests anyone, because it'll look similar to the ones on the DS (not exact, since it's my own code)

ChrisTheWhiteWolf

White Lighting
    Years
  • What's this I see?
    BsVU8.jpg

More tomorrow :)

GoGo this is truly amazing
    I don't think anyone has come even close to that.The closest one to come to mind is Sperical Ice with his Gaia hack.
    One thing I wanted to ask.Now that MrDollSteak finished the sugimori colored sprites for the first 4 gens, are you going to change them?
    I am saying this because even Chaos Rush thinks his project has become obsolete since then.

No harm feeling for Chaos Rush.After all he is the mastermind OF ALL

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • GoGo this is truly amazing
    I don't think anyone has come even close to that.The closest one to come to mind is Sperical Ice with his Gaia hack.
    One thing I wanted to ask.Now that MrDollSteak finished the sugimori colored sprites for the first 4 gens, are you going to change them?
    I am saying this because even Chaos Rush thinks his project has become obsolete since then.

No harm feeling for Chaos Rush.After all he is the mastermind OF ALL

I already did, I believe I was the first to use them and spot the issues with them

Yeah, releasing bug free preview versions for example. :p

Jokes aside, looks great. Can't wait for that video of yours.

Video? :o

Reactions: Nex
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back