• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Presents announced for 27 February

New Pokémon Presents announced for Pokémon Day

New Pokémon Presents announced for Pokémon Day

It’s not February without a Pokémon Presents!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Johto or Unova game most likely. I would prefer a Johto game and it makes the most sense considering their own pattern that they themselves have established... but clearly they'll do whatever the hell they want.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Online now
    I actually don't see them remaking Johto again. I think LGPE was just to cash in on Pokemon Go, which certainly isn't dead, but it's not exploding with popularity like it was in... gosh, that was 2017, right? Wow, it's been a while! Anyway, I just don't see a reason to get one's hopes up about Johto since there's only one Let's Go game.

If we get a remake of Gen II again, and it's not overly simplified with no abilities, natures, hold items, etc. this time, I'm gonna be mad jealous. /Light-hearted I know Kanto's in the Johto games, but it's locked to post game, and that certainly isn't the same (because it's three years later). Never forget what they took from you! /Meme

Actually, if TPCi actually gave Game Freak time to flesh out the game and let you challenge the gym leaders in any order (with levels that scale meaning you can ACTUALLY challenge them in any order), that'd be amazing, but I know they'll rush it out the door faster than Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. (This is coming from someone who likes SV, albeit I've taken a long break from the main campagin and haven't played the DLC. It's complicated.)

I think Ebony Black and Ivory White (or whatever they call it) is far more likely, but I don't know how they're going to handle the Gen 5 sequels. Maybe if we're lucky they'll include some of B2W2's post game with Pokemon World Tournament that everyone loved, but I just don't want to expect the sequels.

Whatever they do, Twitter's going to be miserable for all of March (and maybe all of April too).

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Rather than splitting them into separate games like BDSP and LA, I think it would be pretty cool if we got GS "remakes" where we can travel back and forth between modern and Edo Period Johto. Maybe even swap the Kanto postgame with Unova to knock out two birds with one stone (we've already been to Kanto five times, after all). The game(s) could introduce us to both the pre-resurrected beasts and the original dragon. As someone who really only comes back to the games to Shiny-hunt, I hope there'd be more additions to the 'dex besides a handful of new forms and regional variants though. Or some other entertaining features that simultaneously let us spend quality time with our Pokémon (mini-games, Nintendog's like features, etc.).

Last edited:
    Years
  • While it might be asking for a lot, I've seen fan art of a Pokemon Legends Celebi, and something like that is exactly what I'm crossing my fingers for.

While I've struggled to get invested in the newer games, I think there's so much to explore with the history of Johto, and I'd kill for a Legends game. Maybe something set right at the time of the Brass Tower in Ecruteak being destroyed, kicking off the story for the Legendary Beasts. And with Celebi being able to travel through time, maybe some sort of back and forth between the present day and past would put a neat spin on things other than just trying to collect Gym badges.

Other than that, I'm keeping my expectations low. Probably some special events in the mobile games (GO/Sleep/Masters/Unite), but who knows what they have up their sleeves.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • The main game for this year, from what I'm most hoping for to the least:

Legends Johto > Misc Johto installment > Legends Unova > Misc Unov installment (maybe BW3?) > Faithful remake of Johto > Fathful remake of Unova

I do not understand why there are that many people hoping for a new Unova remake despite the first remakes of a generation is usually twice the number of the generation, so logically, gen5 remakes should happen in gen10. Johto was the setting with the furthest game from now, as HGSS came out before BW1. As a result, any kind of gen2 remake is something I am fine with even if it's a faithful remake. I do not reccomend faithful remakes at all because then I'd rather just play the original game (BDSP is fine though because at least it fixed some issues from the original DP) but if it makes sense given the formula, then it'll be better that way.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Spoiler: And now it's over…

Back