• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Xerslash

To be, or not to be..
Years
  • It's been a while DJG. Are you still hacking? Your facebook page hasn't been updated for ages! like 2 or 3 months already.

Years
  • You know I know it has been awhile since we had an update for Broken Timeline, and recently we had an update for LoG for the BS Double Team spam that almost every Trainer had for their Pokemon.

Now I just thought of this idea for BT, in that what if, the Gym Battle themes for each region, were their own. Example that Hevah Gym Battles would have the battle theme used in LoG, while the Kanto and Johto battles have their respective region themes. I mean all you would need to do is expand the ROM and expand the Songlist to add more music to it.

Just a suggestion, but that would make each region feel unique in terms of music.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    It's been a while DJG. Are you still hacking? Your facebook page hasn't been updated for ages! like 2 or 3 months already.

There's no use pretending that I still am. So no, I haven't hacked nor have I made progress with Broken Timeline for a long while now. Reason is that I'm too busy with real life. But this doesn't mean I'm abandoning the hack. I'm simply putting it on hold until further notice. :/

You know I know it has been awhile since we had an update for Broken Timeline, and recently we had an update for LoG for the BS Double Team spam that almost every Trainer had for their Pokemon.

Now I just thought of this idea for BT, in that what if, the Gym Battle themes for each region, were their own. Example that Hevah Gym Battles would have the battle theme used in LoG, while the Kanto and Johto battles have their respective region themes. I mean all you would need to do is expand the ROM and expand the Songlist to add more music to it.

Just a suggestion, but that would make each region feel unique in terms of music.

I'm not sure if there's a way to change a trainer battle's battle theme. I know of a script that could change a wild battle's theme, but for trainer battles, I'm not sure if it's possible for Ruby.

Xerslash

To be, or not to be..
    Years
  • There's no use pretending that I still am. So no, I haven't hacked nor have I made progress with Broken Timeline for a long while now. Reason is that I'm too busy with real life. But this doesn't mean I'm abandoning the hack. I'm simply putting it on hold until further notice. :/

Well, maybe I could help.
    Anyways, I'm that one you are chatting with in facebook.

Years
  • I'm not sure if there's a way to change a trainer battle's battle theme. I know of a script that could change a wild battle's theme, but for trainer battles, I'm not sure if it's possible for Ruby.

Well there is this guide to control Trainer battle music without ASM, basically following an identical guide for Legendary battle music without ASM

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=306281

Also know there is a guide to extend the Songlist in Sappy, even though it was mostly for FRLG, you would just need to find the offset for Ruby/Sapphire and likely follow the guide.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Many of you may be wondering about the status of the fourth Ruby Destiny game, which is Broken Timeline. This is going to be a long post, so I guess you can already tell where this is going. I'm going to add a TL;DR version below.

Anyway, Broken Timeline. It's... I've been contemplating on cancelling it because I lack the free time, recently not motivated, and BT's too big of a hack for me to hack alone. Though to be fair, I had a lot of help from others with mapping and spriting. I appreciate their help. I really do. Anyway, if only I got a lot more free time, then it would be easier for me to get motivated enough to continue working on it. Unfortunately, I needed to focus my time on real life matters like my work and family. So, Broken Timeline's on hold, probably cancelled, until further notice.

Besides, I've concluded the Ruby Destiny's story in LoG already, so I really don't know what else is there for me to add. I do not know if you are aware, but RD:BT was originally meant to be a small hack/game. I stumbled upon a hack contest (in vizzed.com) and wanted to join, and so RD:BT was born. The contest only had like 4 or so months for participants to create a new and original hack, and I thought that it would be enough for me to create a small hack. Originally, I wanted the game to be like Final Fantasy X-2, where the Tower of Fate was the 'home base' and you get to return there each time after finishing certain 'quests' given to you by Chaomega. Unfortunately, my creative imagination gave me lots and LOTS of ideas and the hack grew. But as it grew, my free time became scarce. So i dropped from the competition, yet I already announced the fourth game, so I was like "what the heck, I could continue this and finish it."

...AND THEN my stupid, imaginative brain gave me the idea of "hey, why don't I add FIVE REGIONS in the game?" Why five, you ask? Well, I've been longing to create a Johto hack, remake RoL, finish Crest, and let players "see" what Hevah was like in the other timeline. But I don't have the time, probably patience too, to create four more hacks, so my stupid brain then told me "then why not put all those hacks into one game?" And "select a region" was born. So that's four regions in total. I just added Kanto 'just for the heck of it.'

I wrote a basic backbone of the story, and decided that I'll just flesh the events out as I move on with scripting and mapping, just like how I normally do with my previous hacks (yes, even Crest). Unfortunately, mapping became a problem. Mapping towns and routes and forests and caves for five regions ate a lot of my time and it bore me to death, and it dissolved my drive to hack BT.

Mapping isn't the only problem. I couldn't really come up with other interesting stories for the other regions. Sure, I wrote a backbone storyline, but I couldn't figure out how to 'flesh them out' properly. Those regions would be Kanto, Johto, and Crest(again).

And then the rivals. It's basically my fault for having too many of them in the game, and I quickly ran out of ideas on how to make each rival 'memorable.'

So yeah... I want to say sorry to everyone who were waiting for another beta of the fourth game. I'm sorry for the wait and for the silence. I might get back into hacking, but I strongly suggest you guys not to look forward to it, for it may take a long time or maybe it won't happen at all. And besides, there are other fun hacks out there anyway. Just check each one out and try 'em. :3

---oOo---

TL;DR version: Broken Timeline's on hold, maybe even be cancelled, because I lack free time and motivation. I'm sorry.

Years
  • Aww sad to hear of what's become of BT, but there does seem to be a lot on your plate and real life always comes first, so I understand your choice. I can only hope that one day you do pick this up again.

Years
  • Aw. Well, I think I get your feeling. Real life does take one's free time. And, I would like to see this hack finished one day. But, don't worry, I won't look forward to it :P

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Wow, DJG, I know there is a proverb that imagination tends to be creator's biggest enemy, but in your case, it's pretty extreme o.O
    Sad to see BT going on hold... I'm worried it's gonna end up like Skyline :/
    Still, best of luck to you!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2015
    Programming 5 Regions into one Hack, is extremely hard. But you could try to finish 1 Region, instead of 5. I know you wrote that Skyline is dead, but maybe you could change your mind, and start hacking it again, when you have time, and try to finish the Crest Region. Finishing 1 new Region, would be far more easier, than finishing 5. That would be also an alternative, but of course, that's up to you. Do whatever you want to. Have a break, and then start hacking again, or quit it completely. It's your decision. Good luck with your life Jagold =)

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Many of you may be wondering about the status of the fourth Ruby Destiny game, which is Broken Timeline. This is going to be a long post, so I guess you can already tell where this is going. I'm going to add a TL;DR version below.

Anyway, Broken Timeline. It's... I've been contemplating on cancelling it because I lack the free time, recently not motivated, and BT's too big of a hack for me to hack alone. Though to be fair, I had a lot of help from others with mapping and spriting. I appreciate their help. I really do. Anyway, if only I got a lot more free time, then it would be easier for me to get motivated enough to continue working on it. Unfortunately, I needed to focus my time on real life matters like my work and family. So, Broken Timeline's on hold, probably cancelled, until further notice.

Besides, I've concluded the Ruby Destiny's story in LoG already, so I really don't know what else is there for me to add. I do not know if you are aware, but RD:BT was originally meant to be a small hack/game. I stumbled upon a hack contest (in vizzed.com) and wanted to join, and so RD:BT was born. The contest only had like 4 or so months for participants to create a new and original hack, and I thought that it would be enough for me to create a small hack. Originally, I wanted the game to be like Final Fantasy X-2, where the Tower of Fate was the 'home base' and you get to return there each time after finishing certain 'quests' given to you by Chaomega. Unfortunately, my creative imagination gave me lots and LOTS of ideas and the hack grew. But as it grew, my free time became scarce. So i dropped from the competition, yet I already announced the fourth game, so I was like "what the heck, I could continue this and finish it."

...AND THEN my stupid, imaginative brain gave me the idea of "hey, why don't I add FIVE REGIONS in the game?" Why five, you ask? Well, I've been longing to create a Johto hack, remake RoL, finish Crest, and let players "see" what Hevah was like in the other timeline. But I don't have the time, probably patience too, to create four more hacks, so my stupid brain then told me "then why not put all those hacks into one game?" And "select a region" was born. So that's four regions in total. I just added Kanto 'just for the heck of it.'

I wrote a basic backbone of the story, and decided that I'll just flesh the events out as I move on with scripting and mapping, just like how I normally do with my previous hacks (yes, even Crest). Unfortunately, mapping became a problem. Mapping towns and routes and forests and caves for five regions ate a lot of my time and it bore me to death, and it dissolved my drive to hack BT.

Mapping isn't the only problem. I couldn't really come up with other interesting stories for the other regions. Sure, I wrote a backbone storyline, but I couldn't figure out how to 'flesh them out' properly. Those regions would be Kanto, Johto, and Crest(again).

And then the rivals. It's basically my fault for having too many of them in the game, and I quickly ran out of ideas on how to make each rival 'memorable.'

So yeah... I want to say sorry to everyone who were waiting for another beta of the fourth game. I'm sorry for the wait and for the silence. I might get back into hacking, but I strongly suggest you guys not to look forward to it, for it may take a long time or maybe it won't happen at all. And besides, there are other fun hacks out there anyway. Just check each one out and try 'em. :3

---oOo---

TL;DR version: Broken Timeline's on hold, maybe even be cancelled, because I lack free time and motivation. I'm sorry.
    Well, I Understand what your going through DJG, i'm sad:( that Broken Time is on Hold... man, i hope this end up like SkyLine. but whatever is your choice i'll respect it :)

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
  • I think it might be for the better that the game be put on hold. To be honest, if it were to be canned, then it wouldnt be that bad. Best of luck n all mate.

Years
  • Any chance of an IPS file version of the 16.5 update? I've probably gone through like 10 different Pokemon Ruby roms and I keep getting the same "file is corrupted" errror.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Any chance of an IPS file version of the 16.5 update? I've probably gone through like 10 different Pokemon Ruby roms and I keep getting the same "file is corrupted" errror.

Which hack are you talking about? There are four games in this thread of mine. :/

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    oops sorry, I was talking about Life of Guardians.

I don't remember when I released 16.5 for LoG, but I am pretty sure that that isn't the latest version of the game. Here's the latest version. -> Clicky~

If you can't patch that with a Ruby ROM, then just let me know and I'll try to provide an IPS patch.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Question (sorry, I am sure it was already asked) : I know there is Ruby Destiny 1, 2, etc but is it a real serie ? I mean, if I play the 1, will the story continue in 2 ? (and sorry for my english, I'm French)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Question (sorry, I am sure it was already asked) : I know there is Ruby Destiny 1, 2, etc but is it a real serie ? I mean, if I play the 1, will the story continue in 2 ? (and sorry for my english, I'm French)

Of course! That's why its called the Ruby Destiny Series :D

Back