• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Can someone tell me how the games in the series connect

The key is rescue rangers, while it is the second one released and personally the weekest in the seires, it is the one that sets up the plot of the other games and is the first in the cronology if you haven't played it you aren't going to understand the plot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2023
    I can already tell that this is gonna be one of the best hacks out there, good job so far however, I noticed a few glitches with monferno's and pignite's typings as instead of fire/fighting, they are just fire.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So, in beta 1, I have replaced a lot of old and useless PKMN for new ones, them being 4th/5th/6th generation of PKMN or fakemons. However, As I started to work on beta 2 while also trying to add some balance, I've noticed that I replaced quite a lot of those useless water types, leaving me with nothing to use on simple maps like that one in Viridian Forest. So, I decided to bring back some of those water types into the game, like Slowpoke and Marill. How did I brought them back? I got rid of all fakemons that replaced old ones.

However, this doesn't mean that the fakemons are no longer in the game. They're still there. I have decided to expand the number of PKMN in the game, and used those new slots for the fakemon. However, this doesn't mean that I can now add a lot more Pokémon into the game. I still haven't figured out how to fix the bug wherein the newly inserted PKMN slots are not using their assigned cries. This means that the fakemons won't be having any cries.

...and, with this update, this also means that when beta 2 becomes available, you're going to have to start a new game, for compatibility issues, unless you guys are willing to release the fakemons you've caught. :/

Anyway, have fun surfing the web, pipz~

---

I can already tell that this is gonna be one of the best hacks out there, good job so far however, I noticed a few glitches with monferno's and pignite's typings as instead of fire/fighting, they are just fire.

I'm gonna fix those for beta 2. Thanks for the reminder! ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Oh. A new game. Ok. It's not like I went and made 5 saves to play the 5 different regions or anything... ;-;

Seriously though, I shouldn't have done that with a beta anyway, since this was bound to happen. I just couldn't decide which region! Guess I'll have to next beta.

Years
  • I love your new hack its the best one you've made yet is this going to be your last hack. I love how you made five region we can play on thats alot of replay :). Are you going to update the trianer spirtes in your other games I know you've updated the pokemon spirtes in your first hack and I think in Log too, sorry if I guess it wrong. Also what about the items in each game i know its minor but I have gotten used the way how the Items are spelled now, instead of all big letters it's all spelt properly. What order are the games in chronoicly I know its RR first but what after Log or Rol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    So, in beta 1, I have replaced a lot of old and useless PKMN for new ones, them being 4th/5th/6th generation of PKMN or fakemons. However, As I started to work on beta 2 while also trying to add some balance, I've noticed that I replaced quite a lot of those useless water types, leaving me with nothing to use on simple maps like that one in Viridian Forest. So, I decided to bring back some of those water types into the game, like Slowpoke and Marill. How did I brought them back? I got rid of all fakemons that replaced old ones.

However, this doesn't mean that the fakemons are no longer in the game. They're still there. I have decided to expand the number of PKMN in the game, and used those new slots for the fakemon. However, this doesn't mean that I can now add a lot more Pokémon into the game. I still haven't figured out how to fix the bug wherein the newly inserted PKMN slots are not using their assigned cries. This means that the fakemons won't be having any cries.

...and, with this update, this also means that when beta 2 becomes available, you're going to have to start a new game, for compatibility issues, unless you guys are willing to release the fakemons you've caught. :/

Anyway, have fun surfing the web, pipz~

---

I'm gonna fix those for beta 2. Thanks for the reminder! ^^

for me is okay
    i love to start over and replay it again
    20.%20boogie.gif

Years
  • Is it me or is it that fact that trying to use the unused Pokemon slots always warrants an issue when it comes to inserting a cry, because there is that and the fact the way Gen III handles the cries for all Gen III Pokemon to be confusing as hell, while Gens I and II Pokemon are freaking straight forward :\

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    UPDATE TIME!​
    xawf9u.jpg
    28hephh.jpg

I present to you pipol, Twilight Path! ...or Twilight Lake!
    ...whatever! It's still called Hevah Routes anyway! >.>

This new area is home to our beloved Amorswan!
    x5rp8k.jpg

...and some nasty fugly looking fakemons! <.<
    2guwj2o.jpg

...and then...

OMG a new video! Run away! >.>

Is it me or is it that fact that trying to use the unused Pokemon slots always warrants an issue when it comes to inserting a cry, because there is that and the fact the way Gen III handles the cries for all Gen III Pokemon to be confusing as hell, while Gens I and II Pokemon are freaking straight forward :\

I didn't mean that I used the 25 empty slots between Celebi and Treecko (although I already used them). What I meant was I increased the number of PKMN in the game, giving me lots and lots of spots to use! ^^
    The only problem with the new spots is that some doesn't have cries, while some uses Bulbasaur's cry, no matter how much I try and repoint them to new ones. Oh well~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Lol, I just meant like in hacks like Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, which use some custom Pokemon in the blank spots after Celebi...it just gets annoying hearing the Unown cry repeatedly. XD

Also video, awesome adding more Gen IV,V, and VI Pokemon. Minute I saw Gallade and Froslass though only one thing came to mind.

"Logan's Full Party...ITS POSSIBLE"

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Lol, I just meant like in hacks like Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, which use some custom Pokemon in the blank spots after Celebi...it just gets annoying hearing the Unown cry repeatedly. XD

Oh, that. Well, Chaomega is on one of the empty slots after Celebi. ;)
    ...though I'm not sure if the Unowns are affected by it. >.>

Minute I saw Gallade and Froslass though only one thing came to mind.

"Logan's Full Party...ITS POSSIBLE"

You wanna update your team? PM me. ;)

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    I didn't mean that I used the 25 empty slots between Celebi and Treecko (although I already used them). What I meant was I increased the number of PKMN in the game, giving me lots and lots of spots to use! ^^
    The only problem with the new spots is that some doesn't have cries, while some uses Bulbasaur's cry, no matter how much I try and repoint them to new ones. Oh well~
    Wait, "increased the number of PKMN", does it mean you are able extend the Dex in Ruby? ~_~

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2017
    Nice games DJG! The story's cool. And so as the MUUUSSSSIIIIIIIIC. I'm also playing Chrono Cross and I like those soundtracks. May I suggest something? How about using the FR/LG overworld sprite versions of Brendan and May? It looks a lot cooler ;) But still nice game! Mabuhay ka! :)

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Wait, "increased the number of PKMN", does it mean you are able extend the Dex in Ruby? ~_~

I haven't tackled the Pokédex yet. I just added new 'mons. I'm not really sure how to add new 'dex entries at the moment. But that's low on my priority list, since the newly added 'mons are working anyway, minus the cries. ;)

May I suggest something? How about using the FR/LG overworld sprite versions of Brendan and May? It looks a lot cooler ;) But still nice game! Mabuhay ka! :)

I can't use those, because I already gave the FR Brendan OW sprite to Kevin, the Gym Leader of Snowsoft City. :P

---o0o---​

Anyway, I'm just going to quote myself so pipz can see the updates I posted from the previous page~

UPDATE TIME!​
    xawf9u.jpg
    28hephh.jpg

I present to you pipol, Twilight Path! ...or Twilight Lake!
    ...whatever! It's still called Hevah Routes anyway! >.>

This new area is home to our beloved Amorswan!
    x5rp8k.jpg

...and some nasty fugly looking fakemons! <.<
    2guwj2o.jpg

...and then...

OMG a new video! Run away! >.>

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Oh look. A problem that keeps persisting no matter what I do making me wish it was an ips file since they are easier and don't have a single bit of complications like ups patching does.

To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.
    Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

Applying patch file 'C:\Users\CrazySean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon ROM Hacks\PKMN RD-RoL (2014 v3).ups' ...
    Reading file 'C:\Users\CrazySean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon ROM Hacks\Pokemon - Ruby Version (USA).gba' ...
    Target file is 'C:\Users\CrazySean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon ROM Hacks\Pokemon - Ruby Version (USA).gba.utm' ...
    Patch application will take approximately 0 minute(s), 16 second(s).
    Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

....what do, destinedjagold? :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Oh look. A problem that keeps persisting no matter what I do making me wish it was an ips file since they are easier and don't have a single bit of complications like ups patching does.

Applying patch file 'C:\Users\CrazySean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon ROM Hacks\PKMN RD-RoL (2014 v3).ups' ...
    Reading file 'C:\Users\CrazySean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon ROM Hacks\Pokemon - Ruby Version (USA).gba' ...
    Target file is 'C:\Users\CrazySean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon ROM Hacks\Pokemon - Ruby Version (USA).gba.utm' ...

Use another Ruby ROM. Some types work, some don't. Keep testing with ROMs ripped by different people and I'm sure you'll get it.

Years
  • Oh look. A problem that keeps persisting no matter what I do making me wish it was an ips file since they are easier and don't have a single bit of complications like ups patching does.

I had that problem too. I decided to test Ruby 1.0 (the one needed for Light Platinum to work), and it worked! So, search for a Pokemon Ruby 1.0 rom.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2015
    Is there perhaps another website that I am able to get the latest patches of the Ruby Destiny series games from? MediaFire's servers never allow me to download files for anything for some odd reason. Thank you for your time in advance. I enjoy this series very much

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2015
    None of these games work for me, they get to the Gameboy Player screen and just stay there. Ive spent hours on google trying to find out whats wrong, but havent found a single thing even resembling my problem.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Update time~

Here we see some maps that Tetra made for the game~ ^^
    23lcq3t.jpg
    148npe1.jpg
    25ryqes.jpg

Aaand I also changed one certain thing at the beginning of the game. You guys no longer get the Pokédex. Instead, you get a...
    2aolxz.jpg

Tahdah~ ^^

None of these games work for me, they get to the Gameboy Player screen and just stay there. Ive spent hours on google trying to find out whats wrong, but havent found a single thing even resembling my problem.

Um... Press 'A' on that Gameboy screen. :/

Is there perhaps another website that I am able to get the latest patches of the Ruby Destiny series games from? MediaFire's servers never allow me to download files for anything for some odd reason. Thank you for your time in advance. I enjoy this series very much

I'll try to upload the latest patch to other file-hosting websites later. ;)

Well, there are many versions of Ruby that I am aware of. :/ Just keep on searching for a Ruby v1.0 ROM. :/

Back