• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Sanctuary Version (Its back and better!)

Years
  • Pokémon Sanctuary Version (Its back and better!)

Game Details:
    Game Name Pokémon Sanctuary
    Game Designed Using: RPGXP
    Founded: Febuary 07

=============
    Introduction
    =============

So your wondering where Sanctuarys been hiding? Well the thing was we've had a few problems lately, The old Invisionfree board was going really well and was really active, and then I decided to move onto MyBB, Not all the members signed up and we lost lots of activity. Then before I knew it I was the only one visiting the forums.

I then got talking with Bob0800 and Citrus (Mithios) and we were going to try to get Sanctuary back up on its feet. We've been working for weeks on end and keeping this very quiet! We've got new graphics, storyline and pokemon! So sit back, relax and enjoy the thread! :)

~Canine Munch[/align]

=============
    Sanctuary Team
    =============

[align=center]Bob0800 - Storyline/Region Map designer
    Citrus - N/A
    Count Splatula - Spriter
    Sander2505 - Pokémon Designer
    LegosJedi - Scripter
    Tiger778 - Scripter
    KyleDove - Tiles/Charsets
    Canine Munch - Mapper/Scripter/Game Founder
    Iron Vaati - Overworld Sprites[/align]

=============
    Region of Miletus
    =============

I would like to present to you all the region of Pokemon Sanctuary, Miletus.
    I would like to give credits to Citrus for the name =].

Creating the region was quite simple.
    Canine Munch drew a simple version with the islands shape and where he wanted the towns to be located.
    I then took this, added detail, made the open sea too not look as bland.

And we got the finished product of Miletus:

Please comment your thoughts on Miletus =]

~Bob0800

=============
    Storyline
    =============

[align=center]
    Just off the coast of Sinnoh was the small region known as Miletus. This region was known for its vast meandering rivers and rare Pokémon. One Pokémon had only ever been seen by humans once, and was known to be the guardian of Miletus' rivers. Legend tells those who seek it, that it is locked away in an underwater Sanctuary. No one had ever succeeded in finding this Sanctuary. Yet many were getting close. The leader of Team **** had found the Sanctuary and had learnt the means of opening it. The key's were two young Pokémon Siblings, they were extremely rare and hard to come across, but using the mass of Team **** 's power, Team ****'s leader used one of his prized Psychic Pokémon to locate them. In the assault to capture these two Pokémon, the team found that poke balls didn't work. It appeared to be some sort of defence of the Sanctuary. The two Pokémon fled. Yet one fell and disappeared from the chase. The other didn't dare look back and continued to flee, as the chase continued something hard crashed upon the fleeing Pokémon's head and everything turned to black in its view.

Meanwhile, Miletus's famed Pokémon Professor was sitting on a chair watching over a young boy/girl he had found unconscious. He smiled at them when they woke.

"Where am I?" The sleeping figure instantly said.
    "You are in **** Village, and I am Professor *****," the professor said through a smile.

The Professor does not know who are you are where you came from, but being kind-hearted he allows you to take one of his Pokémon to use to protect yourself.
    When you leave the lab a strange thing happens.
    You have a vision of a Pokémon being captured by Team ****.
    And you instantly feel a connection with this Pokémon.
    When you send out your new Pokémon to meet it properly, it catches your scent and understands your no human. You're a Pokémon. It starts to speak, and you understand exactly what it says. What is going on?

~Bob0800

=============
    Screenshots/Maps
    =============

Here are a two maps that we're going to show for now.

1st Town
    2nd Town

And here is a screenshot I took earlier in one of the routes. =D (More to be added later)

=============
    Bye-bye!
    =============

Anyways, Thanks for reading the thread! Credits to everyone who is helping out as it really couldn't be done without them, love you all!

Anyways, hope you like the game.

~CM
    https://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=routeprevie***v2.png

Last edited:

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • It's looking good. I love the Sableye pre evolution. And I absoloutely love Berylemon Town. Nice work on the battle system so far, fangames rarely have a battle system even partially developed when submitting their game.
    It kinda makes me wanna make a Pokemon game now...but yeah...I don't think I'll go through all that again. XD
    Good luck and all that.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Looking good, the new fakemon look great now. The battle system looks really neat and I think this is the feature I look foward to the most with this project.
    Sorry if I missed this, but:
    What is this game being developed with?

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • Dude, not cool. I've seen that region map on Plateman's deviantart. Stealy stealy not good.

And it looks like you used his names as well!

plateman.deviantart.com

Naughty naughty.

Years
  • Dude, not cool. I've seen that region map on Plateman's deviantart. Stealy stealy not good.

And it looks like you used his names as well!

plateman.deviantart.com

Naughty naughty.

Heh, Nelsons my friend, He designed the region of Setai for this game, I wouldn't steal.

The game is made in RPGxp.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Yimibi is probably the cutests pokemon ever O.O If it isn't a baby pokemon, (which I'm hoping =p) I so wouldn't let it evolve XD

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • Heh, Nelsons my friend, He designed the region of Setai for this game, I wouldn't steal.

The game is made in RPGxp.

My friends: Flame Claw, Cipher DSX, Fangking Omega, Blennix, Cascade Gonpory, Vavavoom, Datriot, The White Stuff, Kota, Bob0800, PokemonMasterScott, If you want to be a friend too just ask!

My irony meter just imploded.

WHAY

Years
  • Why is the map diamond and Pearl style and the rest of the game isn't?
    Where you been? Are you still helping on the project because you haven't been online?
    Why is the map diamond and Pearl style and the rest of the game isn't?
    And maybe because theres a surprise in store.
    My irony meter just imploded.

WHAY
    T_T

Yimibi is probably the cutests pokemon ever O.O If it isn't a baby pokemon, (which I'm hoping =p) I so wouldn't let it evolve XD
    Its a baby :)

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
  • looooooooooks great.
    Yanibi is really cute. But, and that´s not meant to be mean: Yanibi looks really cool, but the other two look different, like someone else made it (they do not look bad, but differrent). Is it so?
    And what starters do it have? Secret or not?
    Good luck

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    If you've got such a problem with it, then try leaving the thread, seeing as how its none of your business in the first place.

*Gasp* Teh Krimm haz returned to PokeCommunity! Looks good Canine, can't wait to see some more maps

I made Colbery City. :)

Anyway, I love how the game is progressing!

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • If you've got such a problem with it, then try leaving the thread, seeing as how its none of your business in the first place.

Lol, quite the contrary - since Plateman is a real life friend of mine.

So why don't you butt out of other people's quarrelations and not act like a bloody know it all?

-

To the team of Sanctuary Version, I am enquiring whether you will be using Diamond and Pearl graphics, because Gale does and I'm wondering if you're going to do the same?

Back