• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Shuffle

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I go seriously on-and-off with this game, same with Rumble World and Trozei. I rarely play them but once in a while, I'll play them for a few days, either get bored or stuck on a stage, then I just let them sit there on my 3DS main menu for weeks untouched.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I played this on my 3DS and hated it. I complained constantly (while still grudgingly playing it because hey, it's Pokémon ._.) and thought it was such a waste of time/space. Honestly, it was SO BAD on 3DS, not just in its crappy F2P mentality but just the fact that it was a bad match for the console. 3DS can't multitask so you had to stop whatever you were doing to open the Shuffle app, play that for maybe 10 minutes and use up all your hearts, then close it to go back to something else... and repeat. It was seriously terrible. I was so glad when the Safari Zone event came out earlier this year and I got Cherrim and Cherubi on my first try because it meant I never had to play again. (And I didn't. I haven't opened that app since the day I caught them.)

...but I did go ahead and download the mobile version when it came out recently. They apparently made some edits (Pokémon are have lower catch percentages and they're stingier with the hearts and coins, so it encourages payment a lot more) but I don't even care. It's just such a good fit on phones compared to 3DS that I'm having a blast with it, comparatively. I play once or twice a day to dwindle down my hearts and even though the catch rate isn't as good, it's not nearly as frustrating because it's just so easy to go back in at any time to keep playing once your hearts refill. This is a game that was absolutely made for a device that can multitask and this is where it shines.

I do think the Facebook integration is stupid though. Apparently it's region locked? So even though I know I must have friends on FB from around the world playing the game, none of them show up in my list. It might be the fact that I downloaded the JP app and everyone else is playing the EN app but... another friend of mine in Sweden also got the JP app and he doesn't show up on my list either so it's not based on your app region. >_> It's annoying but honestly, I don't want to play any more often than I already do, so I guess I'm not too gutted about not being able to send/receive partial hearts, lol.

inb4 they release the Safari Zone event on mobile and I stop playing that one too after I catch Cherrim.

Years
  • I've been playing it on my phone. I haven't played it on 3DS because I don't own one. But still, if there's a person who'd like to swap passcodes to their 3DS I'd be more than happy because I'd like to own Lucarionite :)

Years
  • I agree with mostly everything you said @ Erica. The game's much more addicting for mobile and I find myself checking it every.. hour or so when I can to use up my hearts. No issues with Facebook integration but region lock is silly. I've friended tons of people who also play and get four free hearts per day from sending mini hearts to users on my friends list which means less waiting. That combined with how easy it is to check the game on mobile makes it as a whole less stressful to play.

But having to stress over grabbing these timed event legendaries when they're nearly impossible to beat for people who are in earlier stages of the game (which is mostly everyone since the game came out only recently) isn't any fun. I'm glad for launch events but I wish they'd have waited a bit to start some of these. Kyogre, Groudon, and Diancie all within the same period make me unsure on whether I should move forward in the main game for better Pokémon/megas or use my hearts and coins on the legendaries while they're still here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2015
    I save my coins, use them for Great Balls, currently stuck on Mega Mawile. However, I find the expert stages a challenge, and I can't defeat Articuno/Moltres/Zapdos. I might try that, however I don't have a Facebook account, so getting mini-hearts sounds like a good way to avoid waiting 30mins per heart.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I agree with mostly everything you said @ Erica. The game's much more addicting for mobile and I find myself checking it every.. hour or so when I can to use up my hearts. No issues with Facebook integration but region lock is silly. I've friended tons of people who also play and get four free hearts per day from sending mini hearts to users on my friends list which means less waiting. That combined with how easy it is to check the game on mobile makes it as a whole less stressful to play.

But having to stress over grabbing these timed event legendaries when they're nearly impossible to beat for people who are in earlier stages of the game (which is mostly everyone since the game came out only recently) isn't any fun. I'm glad for launch events but I wish they'd have waited a bit to start some of these. Kyogre, Groudon, and Diancie all within the same period make me unsure on whether I should move forward in the main game for better Pokémon/megas or use my hearts and coins on the legendaries while they're still here.
    I'd save coins for legendaries because it's always easy to go back for the main Pokémon at a later date and sooner or later, you'll have to get lucky with them even if they have dismal catch rates.

They're there for a while yet so I think you should be able to make a fair bit of progress in the main game and go back. If you start out with a mega evolution and spend a pokeball for a second doubled throw at the end, you can usually get pretty lucky. :v I'd save the stones/jewels (or whatever the paid currency is) for pokeballs too, since I think in the mobile version you can spend those instead of 5k coins for a toss or whatever it is. I've gotten pretty lucky with the legendaries and each time I've used a second throw, I've gotten them, but I'd say they definitely don't expect you to be able to catch them without "paying", even if you don't put any real money into the game.

Years
  • I've had terribly bad luck with the game so far. When I had enough coins for some Great Balls they almost always failed and now I'm back down to 3k or so again with only two days remaining on Kyogre... so I'll try to focus all my efforts there for now. Most of the time I can't even bring him down past 30-50% of his HP from bad luck with combos sigh. People are saying to get Mega Ampharos but that's easier said than done with how much time we have left. :(... oh well, it's not like these legendaries will never be back again.

Haven't tried expert stages on mobile yet personally hahaha. I'll save myself the tears for now. >_>

edit: got Kyogre at a 10% rate!!!!

Last edited:

IAmVincentLiu

Poké Fan
    Years
  • I've been playing it on my phone. I haven't played it on 3DS because I don't own one. But still, if there's a person who'd like to swap passcodes to their 3DS I'd be more than happy because I'd like to own Lucarionite :)

There is a code for a Lucarioite on mobile that I believe ends on the 30th

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Is the code working? Because there is one legit way to get the mega stone for lucario is by winning the online competition, but it was over for 3 months ago.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I actually find it fun and very, very addicting. My only problem with it is those stupid micro transactions. I've never been a fan of those. I can understand not wanting to completely give away a game for free, but I would prefer if they had a demo or something be for free and you have to pay like 10 bucks or something once and then own the game and be done with it.

They pretty much did that with Stretchmo, but that's not Pokemon and probably made by different people with different business strategies.

They sort of did that for Rumble World in the sense that you could buy $30 worth of jewels and then get the mine add-on which gave you 20 free jewels per day. So you paid a certain amount of money and then that was it.

Oh well, I find Shuffle one of those games that I play for five or ten minutes at a time while waiting for something else.

I'm still trying to get the Keldeo event at the moment. I've beaten the stage once, but still haven't caught it yet. I keep getting SO CLOSE to beating it but then I run out of moves :P It's based on luck to some degree as to whether or not the right Pokemon will appear to continue your combo.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Oh well, I find Shuffle one of those games that I play for five or ten minutes at a time while waiting for something else.

Unless you got enough jewels (without paying, mind you) to get the 80 hearts from the shop and are trying to catch Zapdos and keep failing because its catch rate is terrible. Yeah, I pretty much wasted an entire 2 hour class in college trying to get the thing and I only got it after I got home.

Yes, I am a terrible student, why'd you ask?

AkameTheBulbasaur

Years
  • Unless you got enough jewels (without paying, mind you) to get the 80 hearts from the shop and are trying to catch Zapdos and keep failing because its catch rate is terrible. Yeah, I pretty much wasted an entire 2 hour class in college trying to get the thing and I only got it after I got home.

Yes, I am a terrible student, why'd you ask?

Holy smokes you must be dedicated/completely insane! Now I feel lucky that I got Zapdos on only the tenth try! Must have been a pretty boring class. Can't say I blame you though lol.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Holy smokes you must be dedicated/completely insane! Now I feel lucky that I got Zapdos on only the tenth try! Must have been a pretty boring class. Can't say I blame you though lol.

Well I used to be pretty invested in Shuffle. Can't say I am any more though.

And well it's less that it was a boring class and more that it was an IT class and I tend to procrastinate during those a lot. I also had a friend next to me who's just as much into pokémon as I am so that didn't help.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Years
  • Well I used to be pretty invested in Shuffle. Can't say I am any more though.

And well it's less that it was a boring class and more that it was an IT class and I tend to procrastinate during those a lot. I also had a friend next to me who's just as much into pokémon as I am so that didn't help.

Ah I see. Do you have the 3DS or the Mobile version? I have the 3DS and my friend has the Mobile version, so we're constantly comparing event Pokemon and things like that. She got the Mobile version as soon as it came out and has been playing it nonstop. (Well, not really because she runs out of hearts every ten seconds but you know what I mean.)

I'm on the Mega Gengar stage and got stuck on that. Next time I try it I'll probably want to use the Disruption Delay, but I have like 100 coins so that's not happening for a while. I really hate it when you run out of the moves and the Pokemon has like, a millimeter left on their health bar and you would have won if you had gotten one more combo or you had one more move! >:( So frustrating!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Ah I see. Do you have the 3DS or the Mobile version? I have the 3DS and my friend has the Mobile version, so we're constantly comparing event Pokemon and things like that. She got the Mobile version as soon as it came out and has been playing it nonstop. (Well, not really because she runs out of hearts every ten seconds but you know what I mean.)

I'm on the Mega Gengar stage and got stuck on that. Next time I try it I'll probably want to use the Disruption Delay, but I have like 100 coins so that's not happening for a while. I really hate it when you run out of the moves and the Pokemon has like, a millimeter left on their health bar and you would have won if you had gotten one more combo or you had one more move! >:( So frustrating!

I only have the 3DS version, I was already burned out when the mobile version launched and I don't really play mobile games that often so I don't really care that much.

Back