• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I'm following the Gen 6 learnsets. What tool did you use to check Qwilfish's level-ups? According to G3T it still learns Tackle and Poison Sting at level 1 :/
    Spoiler:
    Didn't check it with a tool, I guessed based on the comment. But right there - that's what causes it to know Hydro Pump at level 1. If you follow the bulbapedia order (the one used in gen VI), the level 1 moves later in the list overwrite Fell Stinger, Hydro Pump, and Destiny Bond. You just have to change the order and Qwilfish will (correctly) have Water Gun, Spikes, Tackle, and Poison Sting at level 1. You might have the same problem with other Pokemon having OP moves at level 1 if you weren't copying the order.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    LOL you guys know that qwilfish only has 55 base special attacks? even a hydro pump off it is sucky as hell. sure it has 95 attack but it has no real good move to use it early game, and every other stat is weak. "but its OP early game!". yeah your starter and many others are also OP early game considering that the difficulty is pretty much unchanged from the original.

anyway perhaps i have played tons of emerald hacks before, i don't particularly see the appeal of your hack tbh. all those features of your hack can be seen in other emerald hacks as well, and those other hacks have improved difficulty and/or graphics, even storyline modifications to boot. if you have the time maybe you can offer an increased difficulty patch at least, other wise can't see why i will play this over say, theta emerald which also have many of your features and more (650 mons!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Do you realized that early game, when your pokemon is not fully evolved, Hydro Pump from that 55 SP.ATK is actualy a pretty scary thing. Do you even tried to tank it with... Nincada. Let's don't even talk about Destiny Bond, the bane of Nuzlockers.

And no - not every hack is needing over 650 mons and increased difficulty - That first part ends always with multiple bugs and lack of logicaly placed encounters. The second one is just "grind more", a fake difficulty. I actualy would like to see more variety in teams, especially for bosses.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Do you realized that early game, when your pokemon is not fully evolved, Hydro Pump from that 55 SP.ATK is actualy a pretty scary thing.

er...no. with no difficulty change you 1/2 shot everything else early game with your starter anyway.
    its probably more annoying with qwilfish when hydropump only has 5pp and 85% accuracy
    as an opponent you can only meet qwilfish in the wild, you should be cautious in the first place upon chancing that early on. 2 of 3 starters would laugh off at its hydro pump, combusken.. well it has damn speed boost.

Do you even tried to tank it with... Nincada
    >using Nincada

Let's don't even talk about Destiny Bond, the bane of Nuzlockers.
    (as an opponent you can only meet qwilfish in the wild, you should be cautious in the first place upon chancing that early on)

That first part ends always with multiple bugs and lack of logicaly placed encounters.
    bugs can be easily fixed with time.
    few cares about logically placed encounters. i like every route to have good varieties not just crappy pidgeys/rattatas.

The second one is just "grind more", a fake difficulty. I actualy would like to see more variety in teams, especially for bosses.

thats because most hackers don't know what constitutes proper "increased difficulty". look at drayano's hacks, that i feel is currently closest to good difficulty. less nightmarish levels, more compettive variety in teams/movesets and better ai.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I know you aren't gonna include the Pokemon beyond 386. But it feels weird without Roserade. XD Yeah, I'm playing it and I'm on my way to Sootopolis now. ;D

Nah, not asking you to add the Pokemon past 386. And if you do that, people are gonna demand Mega Evolution forms. LOL

EDIT: By the way, you might wanna fix the Game Corner Prizes particularly TM32 Double Team, TM24 Thunderbolt and TM13 since they can be obtained. TM32 can be found hiding at Route 113, TM13 can be found in the Abandoned Ship and finally TM24 Thunderbolt is given by Wattson after completing the New Mauville generator quest.

EDIT 2: Ya better fix Ace Trainer Dianne's Lanturn! Lol It still has the move Earthquake like the official Emerald. XD

Last edited:

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • other wise can't see why i will play this over say, theta emerald which also have many of your features and more (650 mons!)

The point of SE is that it doesn't have those extra features; it's for people who want to play Emerald with current-gen mechanics, not for people who want an entirely different game.

Staying at 386 was a design choice. Hoenn feels cramped as it is with just 386, it would become unbelievably crowded with much more, and like Drewko said encounters would stop making sense.

Years
  • Didn't check it with a tool, I guessed based on the comment. But right there - that's what causes it to know Hydro Pump at level 1. If you follow the bulbapedia order (the one used in gen VI), the level 1 moves later in the list overwrite Fell Stinger, Hydro Pump, and Destiny Bond. You just have to change the order and Qwilfish will (correctly) have Water Gun, Spikes, Tackle, and Poison Sting at level 1. You might have the same problem with other Pokemon having OP moves at level 1 if you weren't copying the order.
    Thanks for the tip; I've addressed the issue and pushed v1.3 :)
    I know you aren't gonna include the Pokemon beyond 386. But it feels weird without Roserade. XD Yeah, I'm playing it and I'm on my way to Sootopolis now. ;D

Nah, not asking you to add the Pokemon past 386. And if you do that, people are gonna demand Mega Evolution forms. LOL

EDIT: By the way, you might wanna fix the Game Corner Prizes particularly TM32 Double Team, TM24 Thunderbolt and TM13 since they can be obtained. TM32 can be found hiding at Route 113, TM13 can be found in the Abandoned Ship and finally TM24 Thunderbolt is given by Wattson after completing the New Mauville generator quest.
    I'll try to come up with something for new Game Corner prizes.
    EDIT 2: Ya better fix Ace Trainer Dianne's Lanturn! Lol It still has the move Earthquake like the official Emerald. XD
    Fixed in v1.3! Thanks dude!

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2017
    Please buff at least all the gym leaders like 6 Pokemon rotation as well as Wally and May. I feel like this would be my favorite rom by far if you made it harder

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2024
    well I know people don't want you to expand past 386, but i was wondering on your thoughts on only adding 4th gen evolutions like togikiss ect...

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    Hello! I have a question, did you adapt frontier brain's teams to the new PSS split, abilities and moves that you introduced? It's just that the thing that I love the most from Emerald is the Battle Frontier! And, well, I know that one can perfectly challengue it as it is but it's just curiosity and something that I'd like to see. :)

Amazing hack btw!

Years
  • Please buff at least all the gym leaders like 6 Pokemon rotation as well as Wally and May. I feel like this would be my favorite rom by far if you made it harder
    Wally's rematch teams have been heavily buffed in 1.4 (his final rematch team is on par with Wallace's rematch team); the Gym Leaders and the rival have been as well, albeit very cautiously. I want the difficulty to be slightly harder than the official Emerald, yet not make the player want to rip his/her hair out.

well I know people don't want you to expand past 386, but i was wondering on your thoughts on only adding 4th gen evolutions like togikiss ect...
    They always have been a possibility for SE, just not a plan at the moment.

is it possible for completing pokedex in this hack without trading?
    Every Pokemon can be obtained through one method or another, be it breeding or in the wild. The only ones I can't guarantee are Entei, Suicune, and Raikou, who are supposed to spawn as roaming Pokemon after you catch/defeat the roaming Lati (because they're currently untested).

Hello! I have a question, did you adapt frontier brain's teams to the new PSS split, abilities and moves that you introduced? It's just that the thing that I love the most from Emerald is the Battle Frontier! And, well, I know that one can perfectly challengue it as it is but it's just curiosity and something that I'd like to see. :)

Amazing hack btw!
    Unfortunately, the entire Battle Frontier is untouched as of now. I plan to begin work on updating it to fit the PSS split once I have more spare time.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • So, planning on adding the rest of the better Gen 4+ moves - Close Combat, Acrobatics, Frost Breath, Storm Throw, U-turn, et al? I don't think some Pokémon's level-up sets would be complete without these.

Years
  • So, planning on adding the rest of the better Gen 4+ moves - Close Combat, Acrobatics, Frost Breath, Storm Throw, U-turn, et al? I don't think some Pokémon's level-up sets would be complete without these.
    Definitely! These are in the same place as the Battle Frontier overhaul; planned, but not being worked on at the moment due to lack of spare time.

Reactions: Sun

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    i wish u revert the overworld tiles into green cause i love that

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • Can you add 4 gen pokemon like magmotar,gallade,Froslass,etc with 6 gen key sprites and what will the final version

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2024
    There is a bad egg error that causes the game to freeze when you're in the pc and there is a gap between the pokemon when you scroll down to the next one.

Cti

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2017
    I'm liking this hack so far, but I've noticed one issue. After the Multi Battle with Steven against Maxie and Tabitha, I've noticed a glitch that causes the sixth slot of my party to be replaced with a Bad Egg. I'm not sure if it's the same glitch that Jaeren referred to, but I'm assuming not, since there's been no other side effects yet. I wasn't able to view its summary without the game freezing, but I was able to release it, luckily.

Back