• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    I think I found a bug, when Togepi evolves into Togetic it goes from Fairy-type to a Normal/Flying-type.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2019
    In that case, just level the Pokemon up "regularly" to evolve it. I haven't touched the battle script that handles the capture exp gain because I haven't gotten around to learning how it works.

Quite a few updates have already been added (see the a5.7 changelog on the OP), and the ones you mentioned are planned!

I just started playing this hack and in overall I like it, keeps thing simple but with a lot of improvements over vanilla emerald, but there a few major things to be adressed:

First: Pokemon not evolving if they don't get EXP directly is something that has to be fixed, we can't always remember at what level our pokemons evolve, especially if we are trying new ones and this is detrimental for pokemon that learn new moves at the level that they Evolve (For Example Butterfree, Charizard). I'm pretty sure that I saw this problem being fixed in some other hack bugfixes, so the solution should be arround the forums.

Second: I just challenged Roxanne gym and I fought 7 geodudes in a row, that's not fun...that's shouldn't happen in a hack with all pokemon from gens 1-3. If I'm able to catch all those pokemons, then it should be the same for other trainers in the region, it feels akward and wrong if that's not the case. The hack needs more diversity in other trainers teams.

Third: An optional difficulty patch would be really nice. I'm the type of player that doesn't leave the area until I catch a pokemon (that I'm planning on using) with the nature that I want. So after I leave the first few routes I was way overleveled, and facing a trainer with a few lv 3 wurmples in petalburg woods was really lame. I'm not saying that you make a patch were you have to grind on every route to be able to move foward, but trainers with more pokemons and higher level ones is a good thing, especially the ones you can rematch.

EDIT: - Pokemon now have their combined Gen 2 to Gen 6 egg move learnsets <=== I assumed that meaned that Pidgey can learn brave bird...but no, it can't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2016
    I'm still sorta new here and I was wondering if anyone could guide me to where I can find the download links for the games. I'm looking to download Pokemon Glazed! and Pokemon Sigma Emerald. Thanks for the help everyone!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I'm still sorta new here and I was wondering if anyone could guide me to where I can find the download links for the games. I'm looking to download Pokemon Glazed! and Pokemon Sigma Emerald. Thanks for the help everyone!

You can find the DL links often in the first post of each thread. Mind you, however, that the DLs are patch files, so you're going to have to patch the games yourself.

Years
  • First: Pokemon not evolving if they don't get EXP directly is something that has to be fixed, we can't always remember at what level our pokemons evolve, especially if we are trying new ones and this is detrimental for pokemon that learn new moves at the level that they Evolve (For Example Butterfree, Charizard). I'm pretty sure that I saw this problem being fixed in some other hack bugfixes, so the solution should be arround the forums.
    Fixed for the next update

Second: I just challenged Roxanne gym and I fought 7 geodudes in a row, that's not fun...that's shouldn't happen in a hack with all pokemon from gens 1-3. If I'm able to catch all those pokemons, then it should be the same for other trainers in the region, it feels akward and wrong if that's not the case. The hack needs more diversity in other trainers teams.

Third: An optional difficulty patch would be really nice. I'm the type of player that doesn't leave the area until I catch a pokemon (that I'm planning on using) with the nature that I want. So after I leave the first few routes I was way overleveled, and facing a trainer with a few lv 3 wurmples in petalburg woods was really lame. I'm not saying that you make a patch were you have to grind on every route to be able to move foward, but trainers with more pokemons and higher level ones is a good thing, especially the ones you can rematch.
    Sigma Emerald is something that I work on only in my spare time; as things currently stand, I do not have that time to go through all 800-something trainers in the game and attempt to create higher difficulty and maintain balanced level curve. PokeNav trainers and Gym Leader rematches are buffed to make it easier to level up post-game (for the Battle Frontier), in addition to getting some new Pokemon. I left off Roxanne's Gym trainers because you only battle them once in very early-game. If increased difficulty is what you are really itching for, there are some other great Emerald hacks around the sideshow showcase that have that.

EDIT: - Pokemon now have their combined Gen 2 to Gen 6 egg move learnsets <=== I assumed that meaned that Pidgey can learn brave bird...but no, it can't.
    The egg move data has not been changed in any way since I took over the project. I'll edit the OP to specify this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I really like this hack, it adds a lot of the features from the newer games that I do like, without all the junk I don't like. I love how you can obtain every pokemon, yet at the same time the game doesn't feel overcluttered with all the pokemon (I've seen FR/LG hacks like this, and I think the enhanced size of the Hoenn region really helps the game feel less cluttered).
    I love how you have actual animations for moves that you created by using various assortments of other animations, I have seen games where they take new moves and just put a random older animation on it, which quite frankly doesn't make sense.
    Unfortunately I did encounter a few bugs in the early game, (Nothing game breaking) but since I'm over 40 hours in since then I cant quite remember what they were :P
    If I were to make any suggestion to this game, it would be to have some trainers in the level 60 ish range, from the gym rematches I've fought post E4 I have noticed that the rematches tend to be around 50, and the E4 rematch is 70+, it makes it a relatively annoying grind. (Unless there is some in that range that I haven't found yet?)
    One thing I do want to ask though, is what is the timeframe for low tide in Shoal Cave? It seems to always be high tide no matter what time I go, and all other time effects seem to work for me... (TV events, berry growing, ect) I'm using John GBA on my Android if that is of any help.

Keep up the good work on this! I'm hoping for maybe some new TM's in the future and some new content :)

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm really loving this hack so far. There's a lot of great improvements and newer features, some that I personally look for in hacks (Fairy-type, running shoes indoors, etc.) and I can't wait to play more. :)

Years
  • If I were to make any suggestion to this game, it would be to have some trainers in the level 60 ish range, from the gym rematches I've fought post E4 I have noticed that the rematches tend to be around 50, and the E4 rematch is 70+, it makes it a relatively annoying grind. (Unless there is some in that range that I haven't found yet?)
    The Nav rematch trainers eventually level-up to the mid-high 50s, which should be high enough without ramping up the difficulty too much. Yes, you might end up having to train for 10-20 hours worth of playtime, but it shouldn't be too bad (especially when compared to the grinding needed in the original Emerald to challenge Steven)
    One thing I do want to ask though, is what is the timeframe for low tide in Shoal Cave? It seems to always be high tide no matter what time I go, and all other time effects seem to work for me... (TV events, berry growing, ect) I'm using John GBA on my Android if that is of any help.
    It must be the emulator, even though I can't see any reason for it to not work when other time-based events are. I can assure you that everything works okay in VBA and gPSP 0.9 :)
    I'm hoping for maybe some new TM's in the future and some new content :)
    Expanded TMs is what I'm currently looking into, but I can't make any promises on when/if it will actually be implemented

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    Is Zinnia added to the storyline? I would love to battle her before rayquaza

Years
  • Yeah I want to suggest you to improve a bit:
    add zinnia battle ,Red battle too!
    special trainer with evs

Might also add POkemon hoenn tourment,were all gym leaders,champion from kanto,johto,hoenn will challenge you !

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2019
    Sorry for a noob question but I can't find where an encounter sheet.

Where I can find it ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thank you for the great hack.
    I have one question: where can i get aerodactyl ? The sheet said that i can find the fossil in mirage tower or desert underpass but i only see 4 other fossil there, not the amber one.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Thank you for the great hack.
    I have one question: where can i get aerodactyl ? The sheet said that i can find the fossil in mirage tower or desert underpass but i only see 4 other fossil there, not the amber one.

Desert Underpass.
    (As an event i think.)

Back