• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokémon Silver Linings

Years
  • Greetings, trainers! I would like to present to you a Pokemon fangame that I am currently working on, Pokemon Silver Linings. I am making it with Pokemon Essentials.

Pokemon Silver Linings is a sequel to HGSS, and centers around Silver. Because this game takes place after the events of HGSS, Silver at this point actually does care about his Pokemon. However, while he is in Viridian City looking for a challenge with the current gym leader, he is attacked and is robbed of most of his Pokemon. Another trainer saves him, but is only able to take back one of his Pokemon, his Sneasel. The story follows Silver starting a new journey to take back each of his stolen Pokemon. During his struggles, a certain legendary Pokemon watches over him.

We are currently looking for:
    Pixel Artists
    Tileset Artists
    Fakemon Designers

Current Team:
    Opal Sparks (me) - Director, writer, artist
    NexusPie - Designer
    Scott051 - Co-writer

Features:
    *Kanto (obviously implemented, and continuing)
    *Johto (not implemented)
    *New routes and town (implemented)
    *Pokemon egg adoption (implemented)
    *Following Pokemon (implemented, missing Pokemon from gens 6-7)
    *Sound-type (implemented)
    *New Moves (implemented and continuing)
    *Regional Variants of non-Kanto Pokemon
    *Mega Evolution
    *New Megas
    *Updated Kanto Pokedex
    *New Evolutions of existing Pokemon
    *Gen 4 Graphics (implemented)
    *Berry Farming (work in progress, currently revamping berry trees)
    *Apricorns
    *Time-based overworld Pokemon (implemented)
    *Character portraits [also known as mugshots to some] (implemented and continuing)

The rundown of where I'm at:
    I have recreated Pallet Town, Route 1, Viridian City, Route 22, Route 2, and Viridian Forest. Furthermore, I have added new maps called Geranium Field and Geranium Town. They are located to the east of Viridian City. Geranium Town will be a small new town where you can adopt Pokemon eggs, and buy berries, and an alternative place to have apricorns turned into Pokeballs, since you will not be able to go to Johto early on. Viridian Forest currently has a few overworld Pokemon that respawn daily. I have also created a map south of Geranium Town called Moo Moo Ranch, but you have to surf to reach it.

Images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-fSSeD_ilxjKDhK-jENcO6UWQNUVuiWK?usp=sharing

Notes:
    *The title screen may be changed later, and is mostly just an idea of what the splash will look like.

*The Leaf sprite is an edit of the one done by Tebited15 which can be found here: https://www.deviantart.com/tebited15/art/may-and-leaf-dpphgss-styled-161046360

*Leaf's vs. image will more than likely be replaced with a more cleaned up image later on, but it is not the main focus of this project, so I'll be leaving it as is for now.

*The design for Leaf here is a mix of her beta design, her design in Pokemon Adventures Gold and Silver (the white boots), and her FRLG design (the hat and bag).

*Magical Melody is a new move in this game. It is like a special version of power-up punch.

*The only fakemon in this game will be fanmade regional variants and evolutions of existing Pokemon.

*I chose to go with gen 4 aesthetics because this fangame is a love letter to HGSS, and I want the graphics to match up with that of HGSS. Plus, gen 4 graphics have always been my favorite.

Last edited:
    Back