• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokémon Sister Version

Days
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Inspired by this post

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

What it is about:
    Basically just a hack where I replaced the sprites of the male protagonist and the rival with female counterparts. The story is the same as the original game

Changes:
    -Slight dialogue change to make the character recognized as female by NPCs. (Slight TW, some of these may be sexist, I made this on purpose because I like the idea that women being Pokémon trainers in Gen1 wasn't common) The player and rival are both around 16 years old.

-Green(m) and Daisy switched places, thus the rival is nicer to you (with a twist) and her team is different. The rival's team will stay the same, she will always pick Clefairy as a starter while the player can choose the original 3 starters. Red can be met as the player's younger brother at home instead of the mom.

-The music (Beginning theme) has a different duty cycle and the rival's theme was changed to the Pokémon lullaby from GSC (or at least I tried to change it into that)

Please use the american version of Pokémon Blue for the patch. I hope I'll get some feedback^^ Please tell me if you find some bugs/errors.

Credits:
    Game: Gamefreak
    Sprite for the female protagonist: Madame Frog
    Rival's sprite, Dialogue editing: Me (SlaySlaySl)

Attachments

• pokemon_sister_version_v1.1.ips
      118.3 KB · Views: 33
    Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen today
    a nice one. If i can make some Suggestions, i think it'd be fun to have a post game final rival battle in Cerulean Cave after defeating or capturing Mewtwo and somewhere to obtain Growlithe. And maybe for some fun maybe for some fun maybe add some rival victory quotes like the ones that went unused.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    a nice one. If i can make some Suggestions, i think it'd be fun to have a post game final rival battle in Cerulean Cave after defeating or capturing Mewtwo and somewhere to obtain Growlithe. And maybe for some fun maybe for some fun maybe add some rival victory quotes like the ones that went unused.
    I could actually make all Pokémon obtainable in the game, I'll definetly look at it soon. As for the battle in Cerulean Cave, I'm not sure about that because
    Spoiler:

The rival victory quotes are in the game as far as I know, I edited them to be in character as well.

Years
    • Seen today
    I could actually make all Pokémon obtainable in the game, I'll definetly look at it soon. As for the battle in Cerulean Cave, I'm not sure about that because
    Spoiler:

The rival victory quotes are in the game as far as I know, I edited them to be in character as well.
    Ok gotcha yeah i get it

..i haven't checked all of the rival battles, but i lost to her on the championship on purpose just to see and she didn't say anything.

Days
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Ok gotcha yeah i get it

..i haven't checked all of the rival battles, but i lost to her on the championship on purpose just to see and she didn't say anything.
    Did you already play the entire gane? 0.o

Okay, thank you for the feedback, then^^ I'll definetly look at a way to include it again

Days
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Update 1.2.
    Changes:
    -Every Pokémon can be obtained now

(I accidentally messed up Daisy's 1st sprite so it looks slightly worse now >_< I'll try to fix it, though )
    You can play the update with your save file you used with the earlier version, you just need to patch the update with an original american blue Version again and rename it like the old one

Attachments

• pokemon_sister_version_v1.2.ips
      123.7 KB · Views: 5
    Back