• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Same exact problem here. I've looked at a couple Youtube videos and they show getting the student's pass then Veracity being in the office, and I've not only done that...I'm 95% confident I've wandered everywhere the game will let me...unless there's some place in Madio Cave I need to go first, and nobody in the Youtube videos seems to need to go to Madio cave before meeting Veracity.

I've playing this game from Vizzed.com using the VBA option (the option on the left...there's two options on the screen and the other is on the right).

I looks someone else on the site complained about not finding Veracity on that site too...but it also looks like some people were able to complete the game. I'm hoping there's just some glitch wrong with that VBA option and the other play option is fine.

You're not playing Pokémon Snakewood from Vizzed.com are you?

No I played on my phone using Myboy

Mewtwo13578

Hack player
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Have you tried interacting with the necropolis hub after resetting the game ?
    ( And no ... don't wait for another update because there isn't going to be an update anytime soon)

If you mean by resetting as saving the game and resuming it again, then yes.
    I have tried it several times.

Maybe should I just download the latest patch again and patch it on a new rom without deleting the save state?

Edit: I tried patching the latest update with a clean ruby rom. It still doesn't work. :(
    I really like this hack and want to finish it till the end. Please help me. ;-;
    Maybe a previous updated patch would work?

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • If you mean by resetting as saving the game and resuming it again, then yes.
    I have tried it several times.

Maybe should I just download the latest patch again and patch it on a new rom without deleting the save state?

Edit: I tried patching the latest update with a clean ruby rom. It still doesn't work. :(
    I really like this hack and want to finish it till the end. Please help me. ;-;
    Maybe a previous updated patch would work?

Yes this was what I meant about resetting the game...
    If the latest patch failed ( from the first post ) to solve the problem I'm afraid that there is nothing that can be done...I have encountered it too and I know how frustrating it is ...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2015
    Hello!
    So i've been playing pokemon snakewood, but i have a question, can you use shiny cheat codes in snakewood that will work? I just had that curiousity since its a hack.

Mewtwo13578

Hack player
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Yes this was what I meant about resetting the game...
    If the latest patch failed ( from the first post ) to solve the problem I'm afraid that there is nothing that can be done...I have encountered it too and I know how frustrating it is ...

So it's game over for me?{D:}

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    screw it i'm just going to cheat, but is there a list of where the tms are located? i'm trying to find fire pump and fire blast.

Years
  • Great hack it is one of the many hacks that I'm currently playing and I'm currently playing : Victory Fire RDLoG RDRoL Snakewood Light Platinum Dark Rising and Dark Rising 2 and a couple others that I can't remember atm.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    So... since Cutlerine decided to drop off the face of the earth, does anyone think another hack like this should be made? It's such a great hack and it shouldn't just die like this. Someone should at least make a zombie hack for firered in tribute of this, then maybe an emerald hack that takes place in another region. It's the least anyone could do without stepping on toes.

Years
  • The hack's story is very good. My biggest complaint is the level curve.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2015
    This game was amazing. have you ever thought about making a squeal but in another region like johoto or kanto or a brand new region.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2015
    What do we do the first time we're in the sub. though? I'm confused, don't have strength, and can't leave. :( I found the arclite spanner but have no clue how to use it...

Espeonage

Ninja Espeon
    Years
  • In the bottom left there is a generator. One of the tiles needs to be interacted with. And iirc it has to be interacted from south of it.

EDIT: @Butter: If you think the start is difficult then the entire game is going to be a mess for you, it is devilishly difficult, and there are ensured losses if you step on wrong tiles and such. Cutlerine specifically said a few times that the reason why there are unlimited potions is because of the start being a bit rough, that said, you picked the worst starter for the start of the game. As a general rule, Baltoy has the best late game, but even then it's not great, Paras is consistent, rough very early but good post surf, and koffing is consistent.

If you are having trouble at the start, your best bet is using a pooch with a bunch of potions, howling up to +6 and you should be fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2015
    Hi i'm currently new and it seems really fun anyways how to I play i downloaded the file and unziped it but my emulator isn't locating the game did

I'm using an a galaxy s5 and my emulator is myboy

Years
  • In the bottom left there is a generator. One of the tiles needs to be interacted with. And iirc it has to be interacted from south of it.

EDIT: @Butter: If you think the start is difficult then the entire game is going to be a mess for you, it is devilishly difficult, and there are ensured losses if you step on wrong tiles and such. Cutlerine specifically said a few times that the reason why there are unlimited potions is because of the start being a bit rough, that said, you picked the worst starter for the start of the game. As a general rule, Baltoy has the best late game, but even then it's not great, Paras is consistent, rough very early but good post surf, and koffing is consistent.

If you are having trouble at the start, your best bet is using a pooch with a bunch of potions, howling up to +6 and you should be fine.

I picked Baltoy not knowing it would be a Baltoy (playing the game blind). Once I had it, I figured, eh, might as well keep going.

I've gotten pretty far into the game now (I just finished rescuing Gleis), and I'm enjoying it much more now. The level curve isn't so bad anymore and my party is starting to come together, but I do find myself dragging Baltoy along as he struggles to keep up with the rest of the team. To be honest, once I caught a Taillow, the game got a lot easier. The storyline is also very good and engaging.

Espeonage

Ninja Espeon
    Years
  • The broken hearts were never implemented. There was meant to be somewhere in the vicinity of about ten times more. Stuff them in the pc, they do nothing.

Back