• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon announced!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
  • Meanwhile Europe has to wait until 2016. Hopefully it's not too much of a delay between the international releases, though it would have been nice to have a simultaneous worldwide release similarly to X/Y.
    It's too much of a delay, simultaneous worldwide release should be standard practice in 2015. "Localization period" is bad reason for delay because localization can be done among with the other development. I find this a bit ironic because Nintendo is otherwise very innovative and modern company.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's too much of a delay, simultaneous worldwide release should be standard practice in 2015. "Localization period" is bad reason for delay because localization can be done among with the other development. I find this a bit ironic because Nintendo is otherwise very innovative and modern company.

I thought the different laws from each continents are the main reason for the late release, I didn't expect 'localization period'. That is indeed an unacceptable bad excuse.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Here's an extended overview trailer that's worth a look at, though it is in Japanese.

That stuff had me wondering for long already. Think it acts like those from Shiren the Wanderer. :o

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm predicting more positive reviews, mainly with the raise of popularity of games with roguelike elements. Do any of you know what scores the past MD games got from fatismu?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • First review released.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon received a total score of 36/40 (9/9/9/9) from Japanese reviewer Famitsu.

This makes me so happy because Mystery Dungeon games have never really gotten really positive reviews before.

This game also seems to be hyped up more than the others so I'm expecting great things from it. Anyway, it'd be really great if they could announce a European release date soon..

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm predicting more positive reviews, mainly with the raise of popularity of games with roguelike elements. Do any of you know what scores the past MD games got from fatismu?

Gates to Infinity received 38/40 and Explorers of Sky received 35/40.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Gates to Infinity received 38/40 and Explorers of Sky received 35/40.

This probably means it's going to get like a 60 on Metacritic then. MD games have never been well received critically by western critics.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    The Connection Orb feature looks pretty cool so far. However, I'll miss the recruiting of Pokemon in dungeons. Also, it would've been fun if we could use those Pokemon in the main story dungeons.

Back