• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
  • colorwise? probably the same
    but you have to remember that the pokemon will have different looks in all ofthe regions to account for differences in enviorments, so they wouldn't look the same to begin with

I'm just making this up for an example. Suppose a shiny keckleon from hoen is orange, would a shiny keckleon from the oran islands also be orange or a different color?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Sorry, I thought you had resigned too, but something occured to me: technically a shiny gyrados is not red, and the reason that the red gyrados is red is because the magicarps in the lake of rage were forced to evolve because of the radio signal from the radio tower, and the magicarp that evolved into the red gyrados was not ready to evolve, so it kept it's magicarpal coloring, will the shiny gyrados be golden, like the shiny magicarp
    What the hell are you talking about? The shiny color of all gyrados forced to evolve or not has and always will be red. Now if ca decides to change it or not by region is a different story and i cant comment!

Years
  • Pika storm is right though, I can remember that episode when ash and co encountered the shiny gyrados, team rocket forced the magicarps to evolve, so that way the magikarp didnt had the time to turn there colour blue so it stayed the same red colour.
    It's a fact just go and watch that episode.
    But yea the red colour stayed the same in all the generations, so let just say red is gyrados's shiny colour, there's no need to change it right ?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I swear, I don't know how guys get these topics to cause so much debate. Hahaha

Here are the facts about the Red Gyarados of the Lake of Rage.

In the anime, Team Rocket set out for the Lake of Rage, located in northen Johto, to try and force Magikarps to evolve. They suceeded, but by forcing a Magikarp to evolve, it evloved differently, creating the Red Gyarados.

Now, some one you are wondering if I am gonig to change it's shiny color. And the answer is no, I can't really understand why I would actually. I mean, even in the games, it appears red when its shiny. Again, it's color will not change.

Also, there are some similar questions concerning Pokémon with variations. And it is whether Pokémon that have a different color variation will have a different color shiney. And the answer to that is yes, they will. Any Pokémon that has a regional difference that has a different color, will have a different shiny color. So that means, shiny versions of Pokémon that are extremely rare, like the White Bellied Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, if found shiney, will be wanted dearly.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Ahh, the ideas of sub-species, I had almost forgot it, but I love it so ...

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
    Years
  • the perfect pokemon game! too bad i wont be able to put it on my psp...
    PSP... *Glares at*
    Sorry I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, get a bit caried away... ^^"

It's a really great idea to have the regional differences by the way, Captain ^^

charmedward

Eevee Evolver
    Years
  • Hi, this is my first time on pokecommunity and I'm already in love with your game! I don't understnad how most of this works so forgive me if it's out of place, but when do you expect this game to be finished?
    This game is in my favourite out of the games/hacks I have seen so far! Goood luck with it.

Years
  • Hi, this is my first time on pokecommunity and I'm already in love with your game! I don't understnad how most of this works so forgive me if it's out of place, but when do you expect this game to be finished?
    This game is in my favourite out of the games/hacks I have seen so far! Goood luck with it.

It is against the rules to ask when a game will be released. I am guessing that once he feel the game is to his liking then it will be finished.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    you stole the words out of my mouth. she said that it was her favorite hack/game.

additionally, while it is against the rules to ask,i figure that i'd tell you. the projected release date is 2 years if he's lucky, 5 years more realistically.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I must ask...who cares about why the Red Gyarados is red?

When I played GSC originally, and even to this day, I put the Red Gyarados at almost legendary status. Why? Because...it's THE Red Gyarados! THE Red Gyarados!

Who needed more explanation, it's the one and only Red Gyarados! And yes, even if you encounter another one, that's not THE Red Gyarados!

What else matters besides that :P

~Mooshykris

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    look, it doesn't matter if they'd love to see it come out, or not. while i completely understand the frustrations of people who see others call this a hack, realize this.

most fan-made pokemon games ARE hacks.

its a very easy mistake to make, even if they read the entire thing. i'm betting that the only reason that we really know the difference is because we've been yelled at to remember that fact. however, thats no reason to put down other users over that tidbit of information

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back