• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2019
    So I don't know if anyone found this yet but I was playing right now, and I noticed that when you're in a battle with any pokemon (at least with Sceptile, Goomy, Krokorok and Seismitoad cause that's my actual team) and you faint the enemy pokemon and you change to your Lucario holding an Amulet Coin the game freezes. I tested it with Lucario not holding the Amulet Coin and the game didn't freeze. So be carefull, because the only way to keep playing is by resetting the game.

PS: Loving this hackrom so far <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Here's my Nameless FireRed Project save file. For anyone who doesn't know, this game can trade with Theta Emerald. Everyone's free to use it for trading, Destiny Knot/Everstone breeding (they stack in Nameless), EV Training or anything else you wanna do :)

The problem is I can't seem to make the nameless firered work (gives me white screens). Can you please send me a working rom privately? Like pm me or so.

Edit: I found a rom from pokemoner but trading won't work(hangs up on trade confirmation). What do I do now? :v

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    The game was awesome, but i encountered bugs like some wild pokemon dun seem to be giving evs, power items give wrong evs. Also when i fight the battle frontier, my items pocket give infinite numbers, all my hm and tms are gone. Also Mega salamence has a bug in double edge, it works on ghost type like shuppet

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    I can get the ups file after extraction using 7 zip, but after patching it to a clean emerald rom, it freezes and shows black screen. How can i resolve this? Any help will be appreciated. currently, i downloa the one on pokemoner .com which is v1.4 which i think is not the latest

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    I figured this out: The ZIP file is actually formatted as a RAR file. If you have a program that can open .RAR files (like 7-Zip), try changing the extension and the file should open.
    Edit: Actually, 7-Zip was able to open it without changing the extension, but it gave me an error message that told me that the file was formatted as a RAR. So, I changed the extension, and the error went away.

Should I post a ZIP that I made that contains the same files, or would that be rude?

Another question: Is the pre-patched ROM from the video current? If so, I think I have a solution that can work to help everyone. (No, it does not involve posting a ROM, nor is it linking to the video.)

One more thing: I just tried patching the patch in the zip/rar to the pre-patched ROM from the video, and it turned the game into (almost) vanilla Emerald. That must be why it keeps failing when used on a clean Emerald ROM! The patch start/end files were reversed! If this is true, the fact that the result was not identical to a regular Emerald ROM is worrisome, but again, I have an idea that could resolve this.

I can get the ups file after extraction using 7 zip, but after patching it to a clean emerald rom, it freezes and shows black screen. How can i resolve this? Any help will be appreciated. currently, i downloa the one on pokemoner .com which is v1.4 which i think is not the latest

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    The game was awesome, but i encountered bugs like some wild pokemon dun seem to be giving evs, power items give wrong evs. Also when i fight the battle frontier, my items pocket give infinite numbers, all my hm and tms are gone. Also Mega salamence has a bug in double edge, it works on ghost type like shuppet

I am guessing that Mega Salamence has Aerialate, which turns Normal moves into Flying moves, like it does in ORAS. I think I saw the power item bug mentioned earlier.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2017
    So I don't know if anyone found this yet but I was playing right now, and I noticed that when you're in a battle with any pokemon (at least with Sceptile, Goomy, Krokorok and Seismitoad cause that's my actual team) and you faint the enemy pokemon and you change to your Lucario holding an Amulet Coin the game freezes. I tested it with Lucario not holding the Amulet Coin and the game didn't freeze. So be carefull, because the only way to keep playing is by resetting the game.

PS: Loving this hackrom so far <3

I found your same amulet coin/lux incense bug.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • When will you give link to that update ?
    When this is fixed:
    Spoiler:

DIEHARDSWAGGER

Sage Of Six Paths
    Years
  • -Anyone Have A Current 1-8-17 Updated Working Game And A Complete Save Game File They Can Lend Me??? I Tried To Patch Mine And Now It Doesn't Work. Think It Has To Do With It Being From Poke'moner. I Also Tried To Use A New Emerald ROM And Then Patch That But It Deleted My Save Game File On VBA And I Do Not Wanna Start Over Again. Please And Thank You.

-PS: To Anyone Wondering About Which ROM He Used He Has A Youtube Video As Said Before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4gGSYAcTN0&t=16s And He Has The Link There. I Just Found It And Tried To Patch That One With His Latest Update 1-8-17 Which Worked And Then Tried To Play My Corrupted Save Game File But It Still Erases It At The Menu And When I Load A Save State It Freezes As Well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    -Anyone Have A Current 1-8-17 Updated Working Game And A Complete Save Game File They Can Lend Me??? I Tried To Patch Mine And Now It Doesn't Work. Think It Has To Do With It Being From Poke'moner. I Also Tried To Use A New Emerald ROM And Then Patch That But It Deleted My Save Game File On VBA And I Do Not Wanna Start Over Again. Please And Thank You.

-PS: To Anyone Wondering About Which ROM He Used He Has A Youtube Video As Said Before And He Has The Link There. I Just Found It And Tried To Patch That One With His Latest Update 1-8-17 And Then Tried To Play My Corrupted Save Game File But It Still Erases It At The Menu And When I Load A Save State It Freezes.

I mentioned earlier that using the new patch on the ROM from the video reverts it to (almost) vanilla Emerald, and I have also noticed that using that patch on a clean Emerald ROM, expanded or not, does cause a black screen when starting a New Game. (I tried 4 different ROMs, expanded and not expanded) I believe the 1-8-17 patch was made with the "Original File" and "Edited File" fields in NUPS set to the wrong values.

Edit: By the way, I have created a patch that can convert any of my 4 clean Emerald ROMs into the ROM from the video. Do you want me to post it, or sent it to you?

Last edited:

DIEHARDSWAGGER

Sage Of Six Paths
    Years
  • I mentioned earlier that using the new patch on the ROM from the video reverts it to (almost) vanilla Emerald, and I have also noticed that using that patch on a clean Emerald ROM, expanded or not, does cause a black screen when starting a New Game. (I tried 4 different ROMs, expanded and not expanded) I believe the 1-8-17 patch was made with the "Original File" and "Edited File" fields in NUPS set to the wrong values.

Edit: By the way, I have created a patch that can convert any of my 4 clean Emerald ROMs into the ROM from the video. Do you want me to post it, or sent it to you?

-I Know But It Needs To Be More Clear For People Like Me Who Jump Into Stuff Before We Read Things. Anyways...I'd Love A Patch But I Don't Know If It'll Make Me Restart Or If I Can Continue Where I Left Off. Do You Have A Patch That Can Convert The Old ROM Off Poke'moner???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    -I Know But It Needs To Be More Clear For People Like Me Who Jump Into Stuff Before We Read Things. Anyways...I'd Love A Patch But I Don't Know If It'll Make Me Restart Or If I Can Continue Where I Left Off. Do You Have A Patch That Can Convert The ROM Off Poke'moner???

I don't know what Poke'moner is. Also, I didn't create this ROM Hack. I'm just trying to reach the creator of this like you are.

DIEHARDSWAGGER

Sage Of Six Paths
    Years
  • I don't know what Poke'moner is. Also, I didn't create this ROM Hack. I'm just trying to reach the creator of this like you are.

-You Just Replied Back To My Previous Post Saying You Had A Patch...

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    That's not what I meant to be doing. I was mentioning that I had said something earlier that explained your problem, and was trying to ask the creator of this ROM Hack if I could post what I had done that might fix the problems that many people have been having, or at least give it to him. I am sorry if I was confusing. I don't post online too often, so there might have been miscommunication in how I posted.

Edit: If LCCoolJ95 is okay with it, I would attach the patch I made, but I would need him to permit it first, as this is his work.

DIEHARDSWAGGER

Sage Of Six Paths
    Years
  • That's not what I meant to be doing. I was mentioning that I had said something earlier that explained your problem, and was trying to ask the creator of this ROM Hack if I could post what I had done that might fix the problems that many people have been having, or at least give it to him. I am sorry if I was confusing. I don't post online too often, so there might have been miscommunication in how I posted.

Edit: If LCCoolJ95 is okay with it, I would attach the patch I made, but I would need him to permit it first, as this is his work.

-Ok...Thanks For Clarifying. I Too Think A New Patch Or ROM Should Be Posted Once He Says It's Ok Cause It Seems Like Everyone Downloaded An Old ROM And Nobody Knows How To Fix Our Frozen/Erased Save Games.

Back