• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Pokémon Unbound and RTC on X5mini

I have no idea how to make these two things work together. How do I set, or even find, the RTC on the X5 mini and have it work with unbound? Thanks in advance.

Years

This is absoultely fantastic! I absolutely loved what you did there! And it's disheartening to see that such revolutionary thing received almost no reaction here on PokéCommunity.

I have several notes about this, in my words (I also write on Reddit, as Scourge_of_Arceus). Correct me if I'm wrong regarding my notes:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Really cool, indeed. It might make migrating between hacks or updates also easier for those, who can't easily link their devices/emulators.

This service is incompatible with hacks that feature fakémon as well (such as Dreams).

Keeping in mind Unbound features one itself, I assume this won't simply exclude those hacks.
    It might depend on the implementation of newer gens within hacks.
    I've read somewhere, some Gen 8 Pokémon traded from other hacks result in a Pokémon with an index number of +1. This might indicate that including these with a high enough number won't necessarily collide with the save structure. Or maybe Unbound gets an underlying update to it's index and possibly resulting in a necessary save incompatibility for the next major update to account for that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    Hi

There is a no EVS mod and MAX IVS? For player and enemy, like radical red's minimal grinding.

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
    I'm just asking because I seem to miss something.

I'm on 2.0.3 and I play on mGBA if it matters, but is the Trader Traitor mission (the one that wants you to trade with all the NPCs) even finishable? According to the documents, there is a pokeball in Vivill Woods that can spawn Foongus/Morelull, but.. I went through that location like 6 or 7 times now and have not found a single pokeball that isn't an item. The only static pokemon I can find is a Paras in a bunch of shrooms. So, is there any other place I can grab a mushroom from or is this just not working at the moment?

That's one of the last missions I need to finish all, besides the Battle Frontier one and You're My Only, so... I wonder if it's possible.

Years
    I'm just asking because I seem to miss something.

I'm on 2.0.3 and I play on mGBA if it matters, but is the Trader Traitor mission (the one that wants you to trade with all the NPCs) even finishable? According to the documents, there is a pokeball in Vivill Woods that can spawn Foongus/Morelull, but.. I went through that location like 6 or 7 times now and have not found a single pokeball that isn't an item. The only static pokemon I can find is a Paras in a bunch of shrooms. So, is there any other place I can grab a mushroom from or is this just not working at the moment?

That's one of the last missions I need to finish all, besides the Battle Frontier one and You're My Only, so... I wonder if it's possible.

The item ball that spawns Morelull is at the Vivill Woods; you need to check the lake at the top left of the map and check every square around the lake. Morelull is there; but it is almost hidden, nearly at the top of the tree so that the item ball is obscured from your view. Evolve it to Shiinotic and trade it to get Amoonguss (or vice-versa. Mine was always Shiinotic -> Amoonguss trade).

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Loving this hack so far, i've just a question: there is a place where i can buy focus sash?

Years
    Loving this hack so far, i've just a question: there is a place where i can buy focus sash?

You can buy it at the Battle Tower, north of Seaport City. It will cost 32 BPs though.

Thanks, found a Foongus. Never found that stupid pokeball before, can I blame this on getting blind? :D

You're welcome... but that was really hard to find an item ball like this almost hidden at the forest.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    Unbound Cloud is a website that allows you to store more than 25 boxes of Pokémon on your save file. You can use Wonder Trading or GTS to trade from there. It is currently in development, but it will be released pretty soon.
    Yup! You won't magically get more boxes on your save file, but it'll give you additional boxes you can use outside of your save file.

It will be compatible with Unbound only, but if its compatibility extends to different romhacks (especially the other CFRU-based romhacks such as Radical Red), this will be a revolution in romhacking.
    Close! It will only be compatible with Unbound and another hack to start, and I'll add more as time goes on and the kinks are worked out.

You only need to upload your Unbound .sav file to the Cloud website once it is active. When you save your modifications there, it will create a local file save on your PC; meaning that you can store infinite number of Pokémon from your save. Another good thing is that this Cloud is compatible with Sandbox Mode; which mean that you can freely improve your Pokémon's IVs and EVs and you can simply transfer them once the Sandbox Mode is complete (I have 5 different Insane Sandbox Mode saves from different randomisation methods, as an example. I will patch 5-6 times, though!)
    Yup again!

The service is compatible with mobile devices as well, such as Android or iOS; you need MyBoy or Delta, respectively, for this. Just upload the save file from your phone to the Cloud; the rest is the same.
    Yup!

There are several caveats, though. For one, if you want to use the Cloud service, you might need to update your Unbound to the most recent version that is compatible with Cloud service.
    You will definitely need to be on 2.0 or later, but I make it so only 2.0.4/2.1 going forward will be connectable.

Secondly, the other fangames / romhacks may not be compatible with the Unbound Cloud; the connection may be established if an interest arises from the developers of the other romhacks (such as Radical Red and/or the Last Fire Red). It might be compatible with a decomp hack such as Inclement Emerald or R.O.W.E., but the hack creators need to decrypt the Pokémon data structures for the CFRU-compatibility.
    Yup! That would certainly make it the smoothest process.

Also, vanilla games will not be compatible because of this. This service is incompatible with hacks that feature fakémon as well (such as Dreams).
    That's a good reason why vanilla games won't be compatible. but also because If a vanilla game is compatible, so is every hack in existence by default. There's no way to tell the difference between FireRed and a super old hack like Dark Rising. A big goal of this is to simplify moving Pokemon between hacks that have different species ids, and allowing every hack in existence by default without specifying its dataset will cause a problem in that regard.
    In regards to Fakemon, those hacks aren't exempt by default. If anything, the Fakemon would appear as unmovable black circles on the site.

I've read somewhere, some Gen 8 Pokémon traded from other hacks result in a Pokémon with an index number of +1. This might indicate that including these with a high enough number won't necessarily collide with the save structure. Or maybe Unbound gets an underlying update to it's index and possibly resulting in a necessary save incompatibility for the next major update to account for that.
    So a goal of this is fix compatibility issues like that. It won't matter if the species indices aren't the same between hacks, because the website will auto adjust everything (as opposed to how this doesn't happen when trading ingame).

There is a no EVS mod and MAX IVS? For player and enemy, like radical red's minimal grinding.
    Try Sandbox Mode! Just pick Expert or Insane and it'll be offered to you.

Years
    Skeli, thanks for the confirmation and clarification of my post; I just skimmed through what you wrote on Reddit. Still; that's fantastic. Looking forward for the cloud service and the 2.0.4 (or 2.1) version.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2022
    Im enjoying the game immensely on Insane mode but gotta say these double battle fights are just ridiculous. Your doubles partners are just brain dead and most of the time just get oneshotted to super effective moves before they can do anything. Might as well not make it a doubles fight at that point. A game where strategy is important gets thrown out the door when your team building gets replaced by awful AI teammates. This is especially annoying when your already dealing with bs mechanics like damage over time like the agent fight.

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
    Okay, another question. Just how on Earth do I access the Hidden Grotto and Zygarde Cell in Tarmigan Town, left of the Tarmigan mansion?

The documents mention a hidden entry, but... I'm lost. I found a guide on YT but that was for version 1.3 (I think), and despite following it exactly, I can't get the exit to spawn. So I'm thinking that might be slightly outdated, and I'm completely stumped. I can't find any way to access it. Help?

Years
    Okay, another question. Just how on Earth do I access the Hidden Grotto and Zygarde Cell in Tarmigan Town, left of the Tarmigan mansion?

The documents mention a hidden entry, but... I'm lost. I found a guide on YT but that was for version 1.3 (I think), and despite following it exactly, I can't get the exit to spawn. So I'm thinking that might be slightly outdated, and I'm completely stumped. I can't find any way to access it. Help?

In the Tarmigan Mansion's top floor, before reaching Maxima, you will notice a maze with several paths in and a stairs leading to a previous floor. Check the hidden switch on one of the statues and flip it. Go back and go to the entrance floor. Head right to the big table there; you will notice that an exit door is revealed. Exit there, you will get the Zygarde Cell and a Hidden Grotto / Raid Den.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Game is amazing, it has pretty much everything one could desire from a pokèmon game (of the main series).
    It has just a big problem: there is nothing hidden in any trash bin of any house around the continent!! xD

Obviously i'm just kidding! The game is super cool,even with a problem such this! ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2023
    Some one help pls. My magnolia town always rain and there is no one outside of the cafe. How to i fix that

Back