• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Vengeance

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    if there is one thing i don't like, is the fact that you clearly need to have a fire type in the beginning with all the bug, ice, and grass types at the beginning however your basically forced to pick either a water or grass type because the rival will always pick popplio to even stand a chance against it, you should get rid of the special move, they don't learn them at lvl 5 anyways, to make things better off for yourself if you want a fire starter. I hope to come back to find these balancing issues fixed otherwise, the game can be unplayable for some people

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hello, first I want to say that I really like your game :) the story, the graphics, it's so beautiful. I have a little question, I am stuck with the Combee don't know what to do ? Is the demo ends there maybe ?
    Thanks for trying out the demo. Did you talk to the guy who went screaming about them yet? He'll give you an item that lets you progress. Sorry, I know this wasn't very obvious; we've already planned to make that more clear in the next release (if this is what you're talking about).

if there is one thing i don't like, is the fact that you clearly need to have a fire type in the beginning with all the bug, ice, and grass types at the beginning however your basically forced to pick either a water or grass type because the rival will always pick popplio to even stand a chance against it, you should get rid of the special move, they don't learn them at lvl 5 anyways, to make things better off for yourself if you want a fire starter. I hope to come back to find these balancing issues fixed otherwise, the game can be unplayable for some people

Thanks for your feedback. We're doing major rebalances to the trainers, so this should be improved. The reason Popplio has Water Gun is that it gets it at level 5 by default. When they started giving rivals the weak type against the player's starter choice, they started giving the STAB moves before level 5 as well. We've made it so there won't be a monetary penalty in the next release.

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen today
    Great demo I really love the music and the game both of them are beautiful. Just a question are you planning on using HM item or HM Pokémon keep up the good work the game is amazing. Take your time no rush released the game when you are ready.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Great demo I really love the music and the game both of them are beautiful. Just a question are you planning on using HM item or HM Pokémon keep up the good work the game is amazing. Take your time no rush released the game when you are ready.

Hi, thanks for trying it out. It is planned that we will have key items replace the HMs. We're also doing a big reassignment of the music since this issue was by far the most polarizing in terms of feedback, but I hope you'll still like the changes we make. The tracks should have a bit more variation in terms of style so that everyone has at least some to enjoy.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Anyone fancy a game of chess?

If you don't, maybe you'll change your mind after seeing this...

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen today
    Wow the chess is amazing like a real chess game but with Pokémon that is awesome and that pretty smart too.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I can't wait to be able to play the game has a good development and a good plot and graphics

Thank you. We're making steady progress on v1, and it's becoming almost like an entirely different game from what was in the demo at this point. At least in the beginning, each new release will feature a special addition separate from the plot, so this is something to look forward to. For example, in v1, we're completely revamping the existing field effects to encapsulate many more moves and abilities as well as changing many existing mechanics. Some of these you could see in the demo, but it's going to be on a larger scale in v1 (you can see an example of this with the chess field). v2 will have a much bigger special addition with the PWT, which has been hyped up a good bit so far. While not all characters and game modes will be unlocked in the beginning (there will probably be about 50), it should still be lots of fun.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm back with a bit of a progress update, specifically with some beautiful new sprites.

Mega Arcanine sprite made by Vlamingo:
    Pokémon Vengeance

Aria's back sprite made by Ny:
    Pokémon Vengeance

One thing to note is that we changed the field with the quad abilities which you may have seen in the previous post to be the Holy Field instead. With the other effects we added to the Chess Board, it was already getting very crowded with effects, so it doesn't really need anything more. However, we've added even more effects to the Chess Board like Contrary and Defiant switching the color upon entry, Stance Change instead changing form based on the field's piece, and Normal/Dark moves that are powered up by the field now shift the background as well (since the chess piece moves forward here, it would be the next person's turn).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Look amazing any new for the update if you don't if i asked?

Thanks, I'm glad you're interested. We're still making steady progress but are unfortunately still a little ways away from the next version. The Field Effect updates are taking quite a bit of time, but things should start to move a bit faster after that's done.

In the meantime, I can show a couple things we've been doing, but I do plan to next show the entire revamped Field Effect Manual when it's finished.

Hera sprite comparison (already posted in discord, but I didn't put it here yet)
    Old:
    Pokémon Vengeance

New:
    Pokémon Vengeance

She looked like an old lady in the original one, which was unintended, so this one portrays her as closer to her desired age (also looks a bit nicer if I do say so myself).

Small sprite adjustment for Skyler
    Old:
    Pokémon Vengeance

New:
    Pokémon Vengeance

Since the Pokemon World Tournament will be a significant part of the game, trainers from other regions will also need VS sprites, so here are a few we've made so far. Look out for these trainers, as they will appear in v1!
    Cheryl:
    Pokémon Vengeance

Mira:
    Pokémon Vengeance

Hop:
    Pokémon Vengeance

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    the game once completed you have a way to get all the pokemon from 1 to 8 gen?

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    the game once completed you have a way to get all the pokemon from 1 to 8 gen?

ive told u before on other fan game threads, check the initial post before asking simple questions such as those you will find that if you look at the initial post before asking any questions regardless of how simple they may be that u may not even need to ask them in the first place

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm here with a preview of the Pokemon World Tournament. While the it will not be functionally available in the next release, these characters as well as several others will be found (and fightable) somewhere for registration in the Tournament Pager, and the PWT will be unlocked in the episode after that. Note that this is the earliest version and that it is very likely that things will be changed and added before officially available. I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

Back