• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: WWF Edition!

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
  • Pok?mon: WWF Edition!

Intro

It?s the late 90?s, and Pok?mon is all the rage in (Region name). It?s been like that for a while now, and it?s all thanks to a company called WWF. The WWF organizes and airs Pok?mon battles all over the region, keeps track of the battle records for the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, and is the one responsible for giving away starter Pok?mon to lucky youngsters every month, who are selected by way of a contest. These aspiring trainers are tasked with the mission of capturing all the Pok?mon they can find, and battle their way through the Gyms and the Elite to prove themselves to the world.

And finally, you are one of the lucky ones!

Your coupon finally got picked after months of sending in letters, and you just got to (city name) to claim your prize Pok?mon! With your new companion by your side, you will prove the whole world that you can be a WWF Champion!

About The Idea

Hi, my name is Uki and, in essence, I wanna do a very regular FireRed rom hack, where the main focus isn?t really ?Look at all this innovative stuff I added!? and more like ?Look at this thing I did for a niche audience because I?m a doofus!?.

Sure the usual suspects would be put in place like the physical/special split, Fairy type, and all those other shiny things that are easy to insert in the game, thanks to the beautiful people in the hacking community, but I don?t want to do anything too flashy in terms of gameplay. I just want a good old regular Pok?mon run with a wrestling twist!

Right now, I just got the core outline for the story, and I?m still trying to decide which group could replace Team Rocket as the ~bad guys~. I was thinking either WCW or DX. WCW would be more accurate to the wrestling ?canon?, but DX would be more fun to do things with!

Also still trying to decide on which starters could be provided at the start of the game. I want something that gives off the ?wrestling? vibe, but without falling into the hur dur, fighting Pok?mon~

In essence, I wanna do a Pok?mon hack based off 90?s wrestling. The gym leaders/elite would be popular wrestlers from the era (maybe the elite could be wrestlers from the prior era that solidified themselves as legends? Maybe!).

What I wanna know from you guys is that, if you like old wrestling, what would you add to the hack? Which wrestlers could be Gym leaders/members of the Elite? (I already have two gym leaders I know I want but I want to keep them in a low profile for now, as to not to spoil the surprise). Also help with the names of towns and the region? I?m just bad at names! Oh, and I was thinking about making the starter town a coastal/beach town, as you don?t see many of those around.

So, please, tell me what you guys think, and throw any ideas at me! By the way, I?m just a baby rom hacker, so I?m still learning the tolls of the trade, but I hope that posting this here will give me the motivation to at least do some map edits and maybe release a super alpha version of it lol At least right now I?m working on some silly trainer sprite edits to see if I get motivated :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    im a pretty big wrestling fan, and very creative. if you want to facebook or whateve.. we can bounce ideas around , be fun to figure out. I think the bad guy team should be the now because they kind of were trying to take wrestleing over to begin with. each gym should have a champion... and you work your way up the card .... until your the champ. we can brainstorm sometime if you want.... so yeah hit me up if you like shoot the breeze take notes in the convo...a lot of chracters to choose from too man!

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
    Years
  • im a pretty big wrestling fan, and very creative. if you want to facebook or whateve.. we can bounce ideas around , be fun to figure out. I think the bad guy team should be the now because they kind of were trying to take wrestleing over to begin with. each gym should have a champion... and you work your way up the card .... until your the champ. we can brainstorm sometime if you want.... so yeah hit me up if you like shoot the breeze take notes in the convo...a lot of chracters to choose from too man!

You mentioned NWO and I actually considered them at some point, but I would need to do more research on them (aka watch more wrestling lol). They would be fun to add, really :3

And, we sure can bounce ideas off each other! For now, like I said, this is still in very early stages, and I have just a rough outline of what I want, but the idea of gym leaders being champions is a good one! Maybe your character can win "belts" instead of badges, if that's the case?

Also, tell me about the large number of characters to choose from! That's what's messing me up the most because I wanna add EVERYONE.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    You mentioned NWO and I actually considered them at some point, but I would need to do more research on them (aka watch more wrestling lol). They would be fun to add, really :3

And, we sure can bounce ideas off each other! For now, like I said, this is still in very early stages, and I have just a rough outline of what I want, but the idea of gym leaders being champions is a good one! Maybe your character can win "belts" instead of badges, if that's the case?

Also, tell me about the large number of characters to choose from! That's what's messing me up the most because I wanna add EVERYONE.

that's the trick wwe, wcw, ecw have given us 100s of characters to choose from.... we should come up with the best promotions in the business njpw, ecw, wcw, ovw, wcw power plant, wcw, wwe 9 of them wwf being the top dog at the end. just got to do one city at a time. even right now have bill be Chris Jericho instead and he invites to be part of the Jericho cruise and have it be ss anne. but overall you can even go back to other promotions (gyms) and defend your titles , and nwo is pissed your taking over the business . cut promos could really work man... the hard thing will be the sprites....making them look like wrestlers...that will take forever

Back