• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    For some reason I want Serena to catch her own ryhorn that eventually became a rhydon even though I doubt we'll see anymore rhyhorn races anymore

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Hey! Just like the morning sun shining upon Kalos
    (Rush in hot like a Flame Charge)
    Come on! Just head on, as we're ready anytime
    (Be a Protean Mold Breaker)

Ash's Greninja is confirmed to have Protean?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    This season is probably going to last at least a year, so I guess we can say there will probably be another season after to finish up the League and possibly a filler season until 7th Gen if they continue. Which I think they will for at least one more generation to deal with TEam Rocket ect, at least i hope.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The Date Brocast has revealed --

---XY&Z006 : Venusaur
    ---XY&Z007 : Greninja
    ---XY&Z008 : Eevee
    ---XY&Z009 : Drapion

So far , We have Meyer with Mega Blaziken and Shota with Mega Sceptile!
    Which mean , There is One more trainer left with Mega Swampert who will play a major role in Anime !
    Off course , I wonder if there any time to introduce a new rival in Z series!
    Since , Shota & Tierno are no very good rival for a Good League So We have to bet our hope on League Rivals.
    However , The Data Broadcast has reveal Venusaur for XY&Z006 and One of Senpai's brother does have a Venusaur.
    But , Currently I would prefer if A cute Red hair girl appear as Ash's rival who also happen to Kalo Queen Aria's little sister.
    A Girl that has complete opposite personality compare to Aria and has a big inferiority complex toward her Elder sister.
    Her main Goal is to take Diantha's throne so she can finally suppress her sister by achieving sometime bigger then her.
    A Girl like that would able to connect herself with other children who also has inferiority complex toward the older sibling.
    I like Her & Ash's rivalry to be like Drew & May! Ash acknowledge her and bring back Charizard to defeat her But everyone still cheer for her despite losing (Just like May's case).

Years
    Am I excited for XY & Z?
    Simple word: No

Do you know why? Many reasons.

1- The new xyz song cannot/will not get me excited.
    I remember how amazing the last Japanese song for DP was: Ash's team vs lucario / Darkrai / Entei / etc
    The last episodes of DP were bad. The last battle in the league was a disaster.

I remember a Japanese BW song that showed Charizard Vs. Reshiram.
    Where was the amazing battle between Charizard and Reshiram? No battle.
    Charizard came to get the fans back and increase the falling rating of BW. That Tepig's trainer episode in BW got 2.2, the lowest rating in the history of Pokèmon.

Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

2-Ash's Greninja:
    Whatever bond Ash has with Greninja, the writers will forget it in the next generations.
    Do you remember Ash's Infernape? That Pokèmon was the ace Pokèmon in Ash's team. Ash built a great bond with Infernape only to leave it in Professor Oak's lab at the end.

Next region Ash will catch new Pokèmon and forget his old Pokèmon like usual (Or he will meet them off screen). The new Pokèmon are going to be the heroes of the new generation.
    Ash's Greninja will be a part of the history.

3-Amourshipping: Ash and Serena.
    What will happen to Amourshipping? I don't know. But I know we will know by the end of the next year.
    I saw many people on Twitter who support Amourshipping. I guess without Amourshipping the rating will go down below 3 like what happened in BW.

4-Serena's goal:
    So far I think there are no big obstacles in her way. However, the fact the previous girls failed really give me little hopes for Serena.

5-Team Flare:
    I am not going to wait every week to see those strange/awkward looking evil trainers.
    Previous uniforms:
    Team Plasma: knights.
    Team galactic: space suits. ( according to a girl in the games).
    Team Aqua: pirates.

Team flare: fashion right? I read a review on a website saying: they are a joke. I agree.

I also read:
    https://www.thumbsticks.com/pokemon-team-flare/

Now What Team flare are going to do? Not better than the previous teams.

Team Rockect kidnapped Meloetta to take over the BW region. The Japanese trailer for Team Rocket's mission in BW said: "Is this the end of Team Rocket?" Of course no. And those 2 episodes were bad. After years of waiting.
    In anime news network they mentioned how "Giovanni's greatest downfall is starring in a children's show".
    Here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-list/2013-11-16

6- Ash's dream:
    Why can't Ash get a mega stone? Ash can't win at Pokemon OR at love. He is a loser.
    This is not my opinion only. Read the Internet:
    https://kotaku.com/why-is-ash-from-pokemon-such-a-looser-1440544226

https://atthebuzzershow.com/2013/01/14/ash-ketchum-is-the-worst-trainer-ever/

In Ash's Wikipedia page:
    "However, he has been criticized by IGN for not growing up, never succeeding, and for the ambiguity about his father, noting that the consistency could be seen having nothing as frustrating or comforting for fans"

Ash is getting bad reputation. How can you defend him?
    I have no hopes for Ash at all.

7- XY and Z
    Do you remember BW episode N?
    In the middle of the amazing season we got fillers like: The Pokémon Harbor Patrol!

To kill my excitement.

Of course you will say Pokèmon is for kids. Pokèmon is a successful franchise.

Read: https://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/01/pokemons-audience-growing-older/

Dogasu of bulbapedia said about the Hoopa movie in his website:
    "All the fanservice they tried to cram into this single film has made it obvious that Pokemon's not the moneymaker it used to be."
    "Please come see our movie? Please? We've got legendaries! We've got evil Satoshi! We've got Arceus! Come on! Pretty pleeeeeeeeease????" They tried to shake things up to try to bring more people back to the theaters but it did not pay off for them at all."

Dogasu's website: https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net

To be continued. ...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I actually really like Team Flare, Ingame and in the anime ( Atleast in the first episode of XYZ). I love their outfits, their aim and especially their leader. Furthermore, I LOVEDDD the little rivalty between team flare's girls and their chemistry with Xerosic.
    + Could you name another evil team that actually has an E4 member in it?

Oh and the new opening song is also epic <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Does anyone notice that Ash act like Greninja when Ash-Greninja battles --

Since Ash-Greninja is some sort of fusion between Ash & Greninja so I'm wondering if Ash will get any special ability because of this.
    For example "Enhanced Sensing".
    May be , Ash could gain some sort of 6th sense similar to what Animal & Ninja's has.
    May be , This 6th sense will allow Ash to sense Lysendre Insane desire when he finally met Lysandre.
    Because , I believe Lysandre will come to meet Ash personality after his commender inform him about Ash-Greninja.
    He has to be , A boy who unlock a new form of Mega evolution that doesn't require Keystone or mega stone So Lysandre has to be interested in this "evolution".
    I don't think it would be realistic for Lysandre to ignore that.
    May be , he will try to make Ash join him by offering him a Mega Ring .
    Honestly , I think its legit if Shota gets his Mega ring from Lysandre! After all , That would explain how that pipsqueak got a Sceptile , Sceptilite & Mega ring at once for free.
    Also , Has anyone notice that Wulfric wearing a locket with a Key-stone ?

I guess , The Final Gym-battle would be Ash-Greninja Vs Mega Abomasnow.
    Since , A Mega Adomasnow was battling Mega Gyarados at the beginning of Megevolution Special So I believe it was a foreshadowing of a upcoming battle between Lysandre & Wulfric .
    Question is : Will Alain became the big hero that defeat Lysandre while Ash just run around until he finds a machine and destroys it ? Or It will be Ash that take down Lysandre ?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Will Alain became the big hero that defeat Lysandre while Ash just run around until he finds a machine and destroys it ? Or It will be Ash that take down Lysandre ?
    Alain might become the big damn hero, but I dunno about just a hero. I'd even say that the likelihood that he lives past this season is pretty slim. And I'd say he'll probably die with Lysandre. Will he be the one to beat Lysandre? I doubt it, unless he does so with Ash.

I do expect a Heel-Face Turn from Alain by the end of the season. Probably right before he dies. 'Cause he's probably gonna die.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Am I excited for XY & Z?
    Simple word: No

Do you know why? Many reasons.

1- The new xyz song cannot/will not get me excited.
    I remember how amazing the last Japanese song for DP was: Ash's team vs lucario / Darkrai / Entei / etc
    The last episodes of DP were bad. The last battle in the league was a disaster.

I remember a Japanese BW song that showed Charizard Vs. Reshiram.
    Where was the amazing battle between Charizard and Reshiram? No battle.
    Charizard came to get the fans back and increase the falling rating of BW. That Tepig's trainer episode in BW got 2.2, the lowest rating in the history of Pokèmon.

Wow, for real? I thought XY did horrible, but I guess it did slightly decent compared to the Tepig trainer episode.

But yeah, DP's league was a disaster. Not as bad as Best Wishes' league though (let's face it, at least Ash actually increased in rank in DP. BW was more the exact opposite, actually decreasing in rank, and to a grade A idiot that made even BW Ash seem smart by comparison).

2-Ash's Greninja:
    Whatever bond Ash has with Greninja, the writers will forget it in the next generations.
    Do you remember Ash's Infernape? That Pokèmon was the ace Pokèmon in Ash's team. Ash built a great bond with Infernape only to leave it in Professor Oak's lab at the end.

Next region Ash will catch new Pokèmon and forget his old Pokèmon like usual (Or he will meet them off screen). The new Pokèmon are going to be the heroes of the new generation.
    Ash's Greninja will be a part of the history.

No kidding, and it actually does seem to make Ash look like a tool. I get it, one should not force Pokémon to evolve for moral as well as practical reasons, but does that really mean having to dump them after the region ends? It actually conflicts with the idea of lasting friendships. And it's not just with his Pokémon, either. Even the human friends he has he barely even contacts at all.

3-Amourshipping: Ash and Serena.
    What will happen to Amourshipping? I don't know. But I know we will know by the end of the next year.
    I saw many people on Twitter who support Amourshipping. I guess without Amourshipping the rating will go down below 3 like what happened in BW.

Yeah, and Amourshipping if anything is widely hated by various fans if those Doushinji conventions are anything to go by.

4-Serena's goal:
    So far I think there are no big obstacles in her way. However, the fact the previous girls failed really give me little hopes for Serena.

We don't really know if Dawn or May failed, though, or Iris for that matter, as they're just continuing on their own journeys. May might even have succeeded in her goal now, for all we know. Misty... I'll have to agree with you there, and what's worse is that it wasn't even out of her own free will, her sisters forced her to regain control over the gym, and even her final actual appearance barring Mastermind indicates she's still not at all happy about her situation, wanting to actually pursue her goal. And now thanks to low ratings that will likely kill the show and the anime franchise with it, and the writers being averse to referencing anything in the original series in a decent manner, we can't even hope for Misty to even have a cameo, let alone return to the main cast.

5-Team Flare:
    I am not going to wait every week to see those strange/awkward looking evil trainers.
    Previous uniforms:
    Team Plasma: knights.
    Team galactic: space suits. ( according to a girl in the games).
    Team Aqua: pirates.

Team flare: fashion right? I read a review on a website saying: they are a joke. I agree.

I also read:
    https://www.thumbsticks.com/pokemon-team-flare/

Now What Team flare are going to do? Not better than the previous teams.

Yeah, agreed, especially after how Team Plasma was handled in Best Wishes.

Team Rockect kidnapped Meloetta to take over the BW region. The Japanese trailer for Team Rocket's mission in BW said: "Is this the end of Team Rocket?" Of course no. And those 2 episodes were bad. After years of waiting.
    In anime news network they mentioned how "Giovanni's greatest downfall is starring in a children's show".
    Here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-list/2013-11-16

Yeah, and Ash still couldn't beat him. You would think that Ash would at least defeat him, but he didn't. And now thanks to low ratings, Team Rocket won't actually get its comeuppance.

6- Ash's dream:
    Why can't Ash get a mega stone? Ash can't win at Pokemon OR at love. He is a loser.
    This is not my opinion only. Read the Internet:
    https://kotaku.com/why-is-ash-from-pokemon-such-a-looser-1440544226

https://atthebuzzershow.com/2013/01/14/ash-ketchum-is-the-worst-trainer-ever/

In Ash's Wikipedia page:
    "However, he has been criticized by IGN for not growing up, never succeeding, and for the ambiguity about his father, noting that the consistency could be seen having nothing as frustrating or comforting for fans"

Ash is getting bad reputation. How can you defend him?
    I have no hopes for Ash at all.

Agreed. They should have had ended the show when Ash either won the Orange Islands League/Battle Frontier, or barring that, have him win either the Indigo League, the Johto League, heck, the Sinnoh League even. At this point, Kalos is their one best shot to retire him, and the show not to mention. Honestly, they don't need to keep him weak or have him undergo level resets (especially when, as demonstrated by the ratings plummet, even the newcomers are disgusted with this) to keep him consistent. Goku, for example, became one of the strongest characters alive in Dragon Ball Z, and even he managed to keep consistency to his character.

7- XY and Z
    Do you remember BW episode N?
    In the middle of the amazing season we got fillers like: The Pokémon Harbor Patrol!

To kill my excitement.

I've got no comment for this. Though I suspect from your statement that even Johto was tolerable compared to that.

Of course you will say Pokèmon is for kids. Pokèmon is a successful franchise.

Read: https://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/01/pokemons-audience-growing-older/

Dogasu of bulbapedia said about the Hoopa movie in his website:
    "All the fanservice they tried to cram into this single film has made it obvious that Pokemon's not the moneymaker it used to be."
    "Please come see our movie? Please? We've got legendaries! We've got evil Satoshi! We've got Arceus! Come on! Pretty pleeeeeeeeease????" They tried to shake things up to try to bring more people back to the theaters but it did not pay off for them at all."

Dogasu's website: https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net

To be continued. ...

Yeah, and at the rate they're going, the smart thing would be to end the show on their own terms before TV executives pull the plug for them like what happened to Woody's Roundup or the Love Hina anime.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Alain might become the big damn hero, but I dunno about just a hero. I'd even say that the likelihood that he lives past this season is pretty slim. And I'd say he'll probably die with Lysandre. Will he be the one to beat Lysandre? I doubt it, unless he does so with Ash.

I do expect a Heel-Face Turn from Alain by the end of the season. Probably right before he dies. 'Cause he's probably gonna die.

Since When Alain has a death flag on his head ? Plus , Pokemon doesn't do death unless its movie.
    Even Cyrus died by disappearing into the incomplete universe Dialga & Palika created But we can't tell for sure if he's dead.
    May be , There suppose to be a Post league ark where Ash & encounter Giratina & Cyrus in Distortion world.
    I also don't know if Lysandre died in Pokemon X since the blast suppose to make him immortal.

Another problem of Pokemon XY&Z is that the Cast is completely disconnect from Real children . They acts like 20 year old adult in the children body.
    Being a Kid doesn't mean running in the street doing "Yayyyyyyyy".
    I think , This is the reason Pokemon failed to attract new audience unlike Doreamon or Youkai Watch.
    Those Anime series shows Real children with real problem so its easy for younger audience to connect themselves with the character.
    Writers need to think about What A real 10 year old Kid does beside going to school.
    For example : Ash showing off his Gym-badge to other & bragging about it ! It wasn't his immaturity , It was sign of him being a 10 year old boy.
    Yes , Ash promised that he will never be Overconfident ! But Its okay for him to show-off & brag about himself as long as he doesn't get carried aways.
    Ash may has matured & grown but he is still 10 year old.
    Luffy from One Piece matured too But he still as thoughtless , ill-mannered , Hot-headed and simplistic as before ! Its as if Luffy didn't changed at all .
    I'm not saying Ash should go back to being a Rookie ! But I think he should still maintain some of his flaw like Arrogance , Temper , Cookieness ete etc.

Plus , What is the point of Ash's growth & Maturity if he can't even win a Real League while Alain beats E4 member in 4 episode & Newbie Shota gets free Mega-ring because of "Off-screen" development.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Since When Alain has a death flag on his head ? Plus , Pokemon doesn't do death unless its movie.
    Seems someone forgot about Hunter J. And the people that died with her.

Plus, Ash and Pikachu died and there was an episode all about it. Heck, Ash died more than once in the show.

Yeah, Alain dying isn't off the table. And I expect it. He raised his death flag the moment he signed on with Lysandre. Had his OVA not been a thing and he just been a villain then my tune'd be different, but the way they went and are going about his character sets off a lot of signals. Not saying he won't come back or appear to due but not, I can see that happening, but he'll at least appear to.

Also, woah, careful with those game spoilers. Pretty sure the "spoilers" in the title refer to the show, not the games. And I considered that but didn't mention it because...yeah, spoilers. But really it's more morose if you consider that he might still be alive. Mangled and unable to move. It's not really a pretty picture.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Seems someone forgot about Hunter J. And the people that died with her.

Plus, Ash and Pikachu died and there was an episode all about it. Heck, Ash died more than once in the show.

Yeah, Alain dying isn't off the table. And I expect it. He raised his death flag the moment he signed on with Lysandre. Had his OVA not been a thing and he just been a villain then my tune'd be different, but the way they went and are going about his character sets off a lot of signals. Not saying he won't come back or appear to due but not, I can see that happening, but he'll at least appear to.

Also, woah, careful with those game spoilers. Pretty sure the "spoilers" in the title refer to the show, not the games. And I considered that but didn't mention it because...yeah, spoilers. But really it's more morose if you consider that he might still be alive. Mangled and unable to move. It's not really a pretty picture.

Hunter J didn't died ! She just disappeared into the water with her crew So there still chance that she's alive and return as worst then ever.
    After all , I won't satisfy with her dying without Ash kicking her ass for once.
    Also , Ash & Pikachu didn't die , They turned to stone.
    That what happen in Pokemon ! Nobody dies , Instate they turn to stone.

One of the plus side of Alain beating Malva , Many idiots might end up believing Ash will win Kalo League because Writers are fair so they will make Ash as strong as Alain.
    So , They might be more interested in watching Kalo League ark since they are more hope of Ash winning this time.
    However if Ash loses then Pokemon will never attracts audience again ! Both newer & Older fan will dump the show.

But , Is it possible to create an epic Kalo League ark with Rival like Shota & Tierno ?
    Nope, Kalo League need someone more powerful! Even the 9 megevolution User that Alain fought was far more intimidating then Shota & Tierno.
    Off Course , Writer could just bring back AJ, Richie & Harrison for Kalo league since Ash still has unfinished business with them.
    Plus , Writer can follow Clubsplosion ark that introduced Montgomery as tough competitor that everyone wants to beat.
    Off course , Ash will be targeted by many competitor because of his Ash-Greninja.
    If I were the writer then I would bring this guy back who's a Hoenn Top coordinator that trying to reach Wallace-

After all , he didn't any of the main characters so may be he might become the perfect League rival for Ash.
    Specially if he has a shiny Mega-Gallade that has a warm up battle with Ash-Greninja before Kalo league that promote Robert to accept Ash as his rival.
    Just like the 1st fight between Kamiki Sekai & Wilfrid Kijma (Gundam build fight try).

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    i guess the only way they can make ash-greninja worth the trouble of bonding and transformation is to make him ash's main water type like pikachu but we all know what the odds of that is

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    What Do you think going to happen after Ash-Greninja emerge ?
    I mean , Its evolution that noone has seen in 100 years So people should have major reaction to it.
    Even Lysandre should be interested in it.
    And if Ash-Greninja is same as AZ's Flotte then it might become reason for Ash & AZ to meet.
    Speaking of which , We never talk about the possibility of Ash meeting AZ in XY&Z !!

Anyway ,I would like if Ash has another rematch with Astrid by using Ash-Greninja.
    Off course , It would be cool if this guy appear as Ash real main rival in Kalos League instate of Shota-

Now that Alain beat E4 member Malva in just 4 episode So the only thing I want from Kalos League is Ash winning it.
    Top 4 , Top 8 , Runner-up or any honorable Defeat isn't satisfiable for me ! "Win" is the only thing we should DEMAND.
    Then Ash should go to Hoenn for Delta ark , It would be even cooler if Ash gets Keystone and goes to Hoenn to find a Charizarditte Y for his Charizard while aiming for 100 victory in row with his Charizard before megevolving it . (Like Korrina's training)
    Also , It would cool if Ash leave behind Serena , Clemont & Bonnie to Kalo! Instate he travels to Hoenn with May & Gary.
    I don't care if Alain is next champion of E4 member in the Next game because Ash is Red so he should have became a champion long time ago.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Eh? Why would AZ be in the anime at all? And why would there be a Delta arc for that matter?

Considering what I know of Delta, it really doesn't have a place in the anime. Same with AZ, really. I mean, they could repurpose his character but...if they're going to do that then there's really not much point to them adding him at all.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I dunno if you're aware but... I don't think the Delta Episode is canon to the anime. They had a special concerning ORAS but I think they specifically said it wasn't canon. Since Ash has already been to Hoenn and the Hoenn in the anime doesn't have Mega Evolution (much like R/S/E,) the Delta Episode can't take place. AZ I'm not sure about; he might be able to make an appearance, but since his role in the games was just to give the backstory of the Ultimate Weapon.... I dunno.

And who the heck is Ace Trainer Rico?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Eh? Why would AZ be in the anime at all? And why would there be a Delta arc for that matter?

I don't know ! May be its because he's the creator of ultimate weapon that Team Flare wish to use to annihilate everyone except Team Flare.
    The fact that he has the Key to activate The weapon.

I dunno if you're aware but... I don't think the Delta Episode is canon to the anime. They had a special concerning ORAS but I think they specifically said it wasn't canon. Since Ash has already been to Hoenn and the Hoenn in the anime doesn't have Mega Evolution (much like R/S/E,) the Delta Episode can't take place. AZ I'm not sure about; he might be able to make an appearance, but since his role in the games was just to give the backstory of the Ultimate Weapon.... I dunno.

Does that mean there can't be an ark based on Delta Episode ? Ash already traveled to Kento once So he travel their again in AG series.
    Also , In Hoenn doesn't have Megevolution then how come Steven has one !
    Dude , Hoenn didn't had megevolution 10 year ago because Mega evolution didn't existed back then But you can expect Megaevolution in Kento & Jotho as well .
    Just like , Now Jessie has a huge crush on Steven even though she didn't feel any attraction when she met Steven face to face in AG series.
    May be , We can have movie based upon Delta episode ! Just like Youkai Watch did .

And who the heck is Ace Trainer Rico?

He is a NPC !
    I'm just showing that there are lot of NPC who can be better rival then Shota & Tierno.
    Just look at that Arrogant Smirk on Rico's face . He can become one of the Best rival with better personality.
    After all , Gary didn't need to show any pokemon to become Ash's rival in Kento ! He was a better rival then Shota & Trip without battling Ash once in Kento.
    Also before you claim how NPC can't be Ash's rival , May's main Drew is based upon a NPC.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Does that mean there can't be an ark based on Delta Episode ? Ash already traveled to Kento once So he travel their again in AG series.
    Also , In Hoenn doesn't have Megevolution then how come Steven has one !
    Dude , Hoenn didn't had megevolution 10 year ago because Mega evolution didn't existed back then But you can expect Megaevolution in Kento & Jotho as well .
    Just like , Now Jessie has a huge crush on Steven even though she didn't feel any attraction when she met Steven face to face in AG series.
    May be , We can have movie based upon Delta episode ! Just like Youkai Watch did .
    Frankly... no. In the games it's already been established that ORAS and RSE are both canon, but part of separate timelines. When Ash went there there was no giant shopping mall where Mauville is, no Mega Evolution, no Primal Reversion, and more importantly, Rayquaza couldn't use Dragon Ascent to Mega Evolve. As far as I know, the timeline ORAS sits in has already been covered by the anime in the way of a short, and it's already been established that it isn't canon. Frankly I have no idea what timeline the anime is in, but if ORAS itself isn't canon to the anime, then neither is the Delta Episode. Meaning Ash won't go to space today. For them to somehow smoosh the Delta Episode into the anime without them declaring it a what if? story would invoke more paradoxes than you can imagine, because the Hoenn presented in ORAS and the Hoenn presented in RSE and by association the anime are two mutually exclusive things.

He is a NPC !
    I'm just showing that there are lot of NPC who can be better rival then Shota & Tierno.
    Just look at that Arrogant Smirk on Rico's face . He can become one of the Best rival with better personality.
    After all , Gary didn't need to show any pokemon to become Ash's rival in Kento ! He was a better rival then Shota & Trip without battling Ash once in Kento.
    Also before you claim how NPC can't be Ash's rival , May's main Drew is based upon a NPC.
    You do know that that's the generic Ace Trainer picture right? All of them are smug leafs. Unless they're important none of them get a unique picture; they all draw from one picture based on their class. Besides don't you think it would be a bit of a cop out for some random guy to just show up and whoop Ash and act all smug and suddenly become a rival this late? It's not particularly wise to just toss random people in as antagonists with no rhyme or reason behind it. Besides most of them are based on NPCs. Tierno's an NPC, Serena's a player character but also an NPC if you happen to be playing as a boy, Lysandre is an NPC... (also it would be more funny if it was based on a fairy trainer or a hex trainer to me. Those two never seem to get a lot of attention. I can expect an Ace Trainer to show Ash the true meaning of humility but nobody would expect a scatterbrained little girl or a witch to do so. If written well it could work... though the anime is sorta short on good writing.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Frankly... no. In the games it's already been established that ORAS and RSE are both canon, but part of separate timelines. When Ash went there there was no giant shopping mall where Mauville is, no Mega Evolution, no Primal Reversion, and more importantly, Rayquaza couldn't use Dragon Ascent to Mega Evolve. As far as I know, the timeline ORAS sits in has already been covered by the anime in the way of a short, and it's already been established that it isn't canon. Frankly I have no idea what timeline the anime is in, but if ORAS itself isn't canon to the anime, then neither is the Delta Episode. Meaning Ash won't go to space today. For them to somehow smoosh the Delta Episode into the anime without them declaring it a what if? story would invoke more paradoxes than you can imagine, because the Hoenn presented in ORAS and the Hoenn presented in RSE and by association the anime are two mutually exclusive things.

Oh boy , I know there is 2 Alternate world !
    One world where Megevolution exist while another where Megevolution doesn't exist.
    And You may not noticed but Ash exist in the world where Megevolution exists which happen to be the ORAS universe!
    Unless , if you claim that XY Series itself isn't canon to AG series! Off course , It mean Ash can still end up with May since Drew might not exist and Delta episode ark can still take place in XY Series.
    The only reason Mega evolution or Primal reversion didn't exist in AG series because there were introduce in X & Y version that came out 5 or 8 year after RSE.
    Its as simple as that , It has nothing to do with Alternate Universe.
    Unless you claim AG Series took place in Alternate Universe .

You do know that that's the generic Ace Trainer picture right? All of them are smug leafs. Unless they're important none of them get a unique picture; they all draw from one picture based on their class. Besides don't you think it would be a bit of a cop out for some random guy to just show up and whoop Ash and act all smug and suddenly become a rival this late? It's not particularly wise to just toss random people in as antagonists with no rhyme or reason behind it. Besides most of them are based on NPCs. Tierno's an NPC, Serena's a player character but also an NPC if you happen to be playing as a boy, Lysandre is an NPC... (also it would be more funny if it was based on a fairy trainer or a hex trainer to me. Those two never seem to get a lot of attention. I can expect an Ace Trainer to show Ash the true meaning of humility but nobody would expect a scatterbrained little girl or a witch to do so. If written well it could work... though the anime is sorta short on good writing.)
    Why do you think I believe that Ace Trainer will make a better rival then Shota ? You can't expect me to post every single Ace Trainer of the game ! I pick the one that has better design.
    Also , If we expect a Better Kalos league then we need Rival better then Shota & Tireno! We need someone who acts like a Rival.
    Unless you want another Unova League where Ash get his ass kicked by another Cameron.
    Honestly , Ash doesn't need to get whoop by him .
    All the series need is a warm up battle between his Rare Mega & Ash-Greninja before Kalos League that remain unfinished with him & Ash acknowledging each other as Rivals.
    He could appear as "Bored Arrogant smag" who looking for a Opponent that can give him a good fight and even defeated Alain who defeated Malva therefore proving his amazing strength.
    Why do think People liked Ursula more then Zoey as Dawn's rival ? Because Ursula act like a Rival unlike Zoey who act like a Big sisters.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Oh boy , I know there is 2 Alternate world !
    One world where Megevolution exist while another where Megevolution doesn't exist.
    And You may not noticed but Ash exist in the world where Megevolution exists which happen to be the ORAS universe!
    Unless , if you claim that XY Series itself isn't canon to AG series! Off course , It mean Ash can still end up with May since Drew might not exist and Delta episode ark can still take place in XY Series.
    The only reason Mega evolution or Primal reversion didn't exist in AG series because there were introduce in X & Y version that came out 5 or 8 year after RSE.
    Its as simple as that , It has nothing to do with Alternate Universe.
    Unless you claim AG Series took place in Alternate Universe .
    Delta episode in the game created an explanation for which the various additions in a remake of a game where it otherwise wouldn't make sense at that time. The anime has zero use for this. Delta episode wouldn't make sense in the anime unless, for some reason, something about AG (and not Hoenn, but AG specifically) somehow retconned itself and needed justifying. Which is pretty damn unlikely.

Just because there are alternate universes in the game doesn't mean there are in the show.

Back