• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Poke-Ronpa: Year One - Despair

Years
    Well then, right before I get the IC thread situation figured out we get another submission, awesome!

Vsich4, you are hearby Accepted! The only thing I ask is that you spellcheck when you write. Not a huge deal, but I did notice a few typos in your SU. Follow basic writing rules and you'll be fine.

Other than that, the IC thread is now up, and you may begin posting.

Things to note about your first post:

1. Shortly after entering the Atrium of the school, your character passes out
    2. You wake up somewhere in the school on the first floor
    3. All your pokemon have been taken from you. *gasp*

Thats it, you may now begin posting.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Well then, right before I get the IC thread situation figured out we get another submission, awesome!

Vsich4, you are hearby Accepted! The only thing I ask is that you spellcheck when you write. Not a huge deal, but I did notice a few typos in your SU. Follow basic writing rules and you'll be fine.

Other than that, the IC thread is now up, and you may begin posting.

Things to note about your first post:

1. Shortly after entering the Atrium of the school, your character passes out
    2. You wake up somewhere in the school on the first floor
    3. All your pokemon have been taken from you. *gasp*

Thats it, you may now begin posting.

Haha yeah my bad, was typing quickly, I'm usually pretty good about that,I'll type up my posts in Word first.

Years
    Due to the confusion yesterday, and because the RP only just formally started, Grieger has a position reserved. If he applies in the next two days, he will be accepted. If not, the reservation will be revoked.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Name: Edward Longhaven
    Sturdy Ground-Type Trainer

Appearance: Edwards sports brown hair along with tanned skin. He is dressed in a pair of long black sweats and a short sleeved red shirt. Yes, the colors clash, he never was good at matching clothing together. He'll just wear whatever is thrown at him or whatever he finds first on a clothing rack. He is a sucker for sweats, though, and will always choose them over pants or shorts. He can't explain why, just that they feel more comfortable for him to wear.

Personality: Edward's mentality can be summed up in one single sentence he used for an essay two years back, "They are but cogs in the system, and I am the one who turns them". For those who don't know Edward, they are quite unsure as to what the sentence means. Many leap to conclusions and assume that he's a manipulator, someone who can convince others to do what he wants. He isn't. Edward has always seen himself as a leader, someone who is capable of taking control of the situation and finding some way to become a leader. Often times he doesn't mean to take up a leadership position. It just naturally happens on its own, as if it was meant to be.

For those who have met the young man they will say that there is something about him… something that draws others toward him. They will also go to say that this trait is probably why he is such an effective pokemon trainer. And indeed, the leadership abilities he shows while battling with his team usually gives him a nice advantage over his competition. He'll stay calm and collected on the sidelines no matter which way the battle turns, and this in turn has led to an unusually high win rate.

They key to Edward's personality is quite simple. Being calm. Perhaps a bit TOO calm though. It has been noted by his friends and prior teachers that Edward's calm demeanor can end up costing him a grade or too since the boy will shrug off bad grades. His response? He just had to be calm about the whole ordeal and simply do better on the next test. Such an attitude leads to progressively worse grades and requires intervention of another to help him out. Just because he's a natural born leader doesn't mean he's the smartest guy in his class.

History: Edward was born to a middle class family that resided in an average neighborhood, that lived in an average house, and was just an average family. Well, initially that was. the case. From an early age Edward showed signs of leadership. He was capable of bonding with many kids around the playground and finding out ways to make them his friends. If that meant nice words or giving them one of his treats, then he would do so.

This behavior continued up to middle school when Edward's father finally gifted him with a Mudkip. Edward didn't react with overwhelming positivity, only a calmness as he decided what to do with his new pet. He didn't just want the Mudkip for show as other students did, but instead wanted to see how far he could take such a relationship. That was ultimately the thought that led to his current team.

Edward's calming nature was so effective that when one of the Elite Four visited his town he was able to battle far further than any of his school mates were. It wasn't because of his powerful pokemon or the like, he was informed. It was because he didn't let anxiety overwhelm him. Instead of falling into fight or flight responses he just looked at things like a leader would. It was due to this encounter that a letter finally was sent out to him for an academy that was asking for his attendance. The traveling expenses were all paid for and so he accepted the invitation. Two weeks later he was making his way to Cinnabar.

Pokemon Team:
    Spoiler:

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Grieger is Accepted!

This will complete our cast, SUs are now formally and completely closed, no exceptions. Grieger, you may go ahead and post in the IC thread, as well as everyone else as well.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'll make my post later this evening (afternoon?)! I planned to draw Rosalina but not sure that'll happen immediately.

Years
    Next post is up guys, introduction time! I didn't want to get into lengthy introductions with every character, especially since my head is looking forward to a long night cuddling with my pillow. But also because there are some things you need not know yet about our cast. ;)

To get a better idea of the NPCs try talking to them during some down time you might have, you could learn some very interesting things which may or may not be relevant to any future mysteries. Who knows?

To the effect of keeping track of our NPCs I'm going to be keeping a record of them in the first post of this thread, including their picture, details, personality, and what history you have discovered to that point. That should help to keep track who is who. That will be coming in the next couple days when I have some time.

Years
    Two things I wanted to let you guys know.

First of all, in the main OOC first post I have now included a list of all NPCs along with basic information like appearance, name, personality, etc. I will continue to update that as you guys learn more about your fellow classmates, and I will probably add you guys in there as well just for simplicity's sake to help out for posts.

Secondly, in most RPs I have done, we've had a skype chat or something of the like to just interact with each other. Anyone interested in that?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Sure. I do skype chats for my other rps too. It's easy and a nice way to keep people updated.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Yeah that'd probably work well. That way we don't have to rely on happening to get on to the forum to know its time to post again. I'm in

Years
    Sweet. If you guys want to send me your Skype usernames in PM I can invite you guys into a group.

Also as soon as Tokio posts with introductions I'll be moving the story along and bunnying characters a little bit, I'm eager to get this going. After that you'll have more freedom to move about and interact.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'll send you my Skype name, I'd totally be up for a group chat.

Thanks for the NPC guide by the way! Very useful. But, two questions: Can any player command an NPC? And can you change the font color of the guide? The grey-on-grey is very difficult to read.

Years
    To answer your questions, the answer is kinda of to the first and yes to the second.

Before controlling an NPC I would like to know what you are going to do with them and why. I pretty much have each character mapped out already how I want them to act and their histories and personalities, and that can get kinda muddy when players take control and contradict things. So in general, I'll accept some light bunnying, especially with the more passive NPCs.

Example: "Hey Kathrine, lets go shoot some hoops!"

Kathrine: "...Um....o-oh, okay..."

Some of the more forceful characters I would appreciate it you dont pull them along but propose something in a post, then let me control the NPC's response.

As for the grey on grey text, my bad. Turns out formatting text color for that many sections is terrible. I had to do a color for each individual spoiler area, so I'm not surprised I missed one. I'll get right on that.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Alright, that definitely makes sense. If we're going to discover NPC backgrounds, we can't establish those ourselves! My "controlling" would most likely be their minute reactions to Rosalina or they might be doing something small-ish that Rosalina could take notice of.

Tell me about formatting... It took me forever to get Rosalina's CSS looking the way I wanted it to! But thanks for answering my questions.

Years
    All right Ozymandias, tell ya what. Sign ups are technically closed, but if you can get an SU and intro post up by Friday, I'll let you in. If you look at the IC thread, about a half a dozen NPC types are listed, as well as player character types. Go ahead and pick one that I didn't really give an introduction for. I believe the ones I have listed are: Grass, water, rock, fairy, ghost, and I think a couple others. I'll just take out the NPC that corresponds with the type that you choose.

To everyone else, I have a couple of announcements to make. First of all, I was informed that the NPC character Declan Russel is ground type, and another player is ground type as well. I must have missed this, so he will either have his type changed or taken out altogether.

Second, I'm going to make an official statement that if you are innactive with no excuse for two weeks, I will control your character as an NPC. If you are inactive for a month or more, your character will be eligible for me to use as either a murderer or a victim.

This will be added to the rules as soon as I have time.

Years
    Oh, yay... a Skype chat...

I hate to be "that guy", but I can't use Skype in any way, shape, or form. I'm all for the Skype chat, but I won't be able to participate.

Unless someone wants to be my middle man, and let me know the gist of whst happens in the chat. That's kind of like participating, right?

Years
    Aww, sorry about that Godzil. Yeah, I'll keep ya posted here on any major important stuff that happens and any decisions that are made.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    Kind of rushed through this so let me know if I need to change anything

Audrey Durant
    Poke-Ronpa: Year One - Despair

16 // Ultimate Teacher // Ice Type // Female

Character's appearance: Standing at exactly five-foot-ten, Audrey is rather tall for a young lady her age. She has a rather long and slender figure which matches well with her height. However, she's built up quite a buit of lean muscle over the years from time spent travelling around the Sinnoh Region. While her height may be rather prominent one of the more eyecatching features about her is her stark white hair. It's just a gene that runs through the family, but she takes pride in it and how it matches her affinity for the cold. For the most part she leaves her hair braided and two the side, however sometimes she'll let it all down or tie it up in a ponytail. Her pale white skin would be clear and unblemished if not for the small number of scratches and scrapes she has on her arms and legs from travelling around and training.

Although she was raised in the freezing temperatures of Snowpoint City, she never got accustomed to the constant cold, in fact she went in the opposite direction and seems to always be cold. Audrey's wardrobe reflects this fact and it mostly consists of sweaters, hoodies, jeans, leggings, and scarves. When going out her favorite outfit to wear is a sweater with a button up underneath, paired with some skinny jeans, and a pair of boots to round it out. But when she feels like bumming it she'll most likely be wearing a hoodie, some leggings, and sneakers. However, the one constant she has in every outfit is one of the many scarves she owns wrapped around her neck.

Personality: Going about her days with an almost everlasting grin on her face, Audrey possess a fun loving personality. While she's the first to crack a joke and make light of a situation, it doesn't necessarily indicate that she is a kindhearted and compassionate individual. In fact she has almost entirely the opposite nature as her antics are often at the expense of others and it takes some time for her to warm up to those she's only just met. She does remain to be a fairly likeable person and has made a number of friends as she's travelled throughout Sinnoh.

Now with her extroved personality comes her short fuse. As much as she loves to have fun and get along with everyone, Audrey has one of the worst tempers in the entire region and once that fuse is lit it's hard to get it out before it goes off. It's almost amazing how she can snap in a mere instant exchanging her pearly white smile with some choice words and a glare that could make satan cry. Although she's not so forgiving with humans when it comes to her pokemon Audrey can make an exception. She cares immensely for them and sees them as her closest companions.

History: The daughter of two teacher's in Snowpoint City's Trainer School, Audrey had a rather normal uprbinging. While they were busy much of the time, both of her parents were around and loved her unconditionally. As they taught in the city's trainer school her parents encouraged the young girl to become a trainer herself, something she whole heartedly would agree to. At the age of five she was given an Evee as her birthday present and the two would go on to become inseperable. Perhaps because she had two teachers in her home, Audrey showed a natural ability for training and battling with her pokemon. By age ten she could easily defeat the other students at the school her parents taught at and on her eleventh birthday she was sent off to travel around the Sinnoh region and defeat the eight gym leaders.

Because of her affinity for ice-type pokemon some of the battles were harder than others, but Audrey got through all eight gyms by her fourteenth birthday. Instead of enterting the Sinnoh League tournament or fighting the Elite Four, the teenaged girl returned home to Snowpoint City to help her parents out at the school. There she would help younger trainers improve their skills and she kept training on her own as well. She would stay there for another two years until suprisingly she was sent a letter from the esteemed Hope's Peak Academy in the Kanto Region. She once again packed up her bags and headed out of her home region for the first time.

Pokemon Team: (More in the PC)
    Spoiler:

Back