• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • I think KeepInventory should be activated for a while, do a test run. We did turn off MobGriefing, so why not right?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • It's not a mod or anything, El Heroe, it's a built in function that makes you not drop your inventory, you just respawn with the stuff you had when you died. Honestly it seems fitting to me considering our more casual server.

/gamerule keepInventory true

I had no idea it was a command. Makes it much easier to implement and disable if we so desire.

Years
  • Please do try out keepinventory :P I often starve to save food but that means I'm running around with half a heart and construction accidents do happen.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • It's better now, but for some reason every time I die I get a huge lag spike when I respawn. idk why.

EDIT: can we turn on KeepInventory? I have lost a lot to cheap, laggy, and stupid deaths several times since joining the server. And it really doesn't help that I lag every time i die, so it can be hard to find my stuff still there (I lost stuff in the river today despite knowing exactly where I died). I mean we live in such a limited area that does it really matter if we drop when we die?

You lag when respawning likely because the spawn area has a lot to load in (the giant storage tower, Anna's farms, all the skulls and assorted buildings). I am already planning to relocate the Skull Emporium to a nicer location and free up that space for a new community building.

As for KeepInventory, we can look into it. It's ultimately up to Matt. There are pros and cons to it, but I'm certainly willing to give it a test if Matt okays an experiment with it.

1) i think turning on keepinventory and turning off mob damage is... really taking away a lot of the survival aspect...

2) i often lag when coming into the server just due to all the "new" stuff loading. could be the same upon death. i wouldnt know i dont die or leave the area.

3) i legitimately do not understand how everyone gets lagged out by my animals??? they never lag me. four giant spruces lag me more than my extensive farms.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • 3) i legitimately do not understand how everyone gets lagged out by my animals??? they never lag me. four giant spruces lag me more than my extensive farms.
    They weren't lagging people out, they were taxing the server itself because it was what was processing what the animals did. It seems likely that my lag is indeed from the spawn, but in response to that other thing you said, quite frankly having a map so limited seems like not survival anyway. It's more like a first person multiplayer town building sim. If the map were more expansive then I wouldn't feel so cheated when I lose my stuff, because it was me exploring that caused it. But when we have such a limited space I really don't think we need to have all the survival aspects so heavy. It hasn't felt like I was playing proper minecraft the whole time so far. Anyway, I don't think it's something we necessarily need to have forever, and it seems to me like whenever they finally update, a lot of the new stuff should be less laggy. I only want it on til they improve the game to not be so bad about it.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The idea of the world border definitely wasn't to restrict anyone and it does expand quite a lot per day. Last I checked, we sat at about 400 square around. So we're moving and it's going at a good pace, but once we hit 500 square, I will get a consensus of whether we want it larger. At that point, I will most likely just increase the border directly to 750 square and then everyone will be able to stretch out and the border will not slowly move out.

As for other server things...

The new Skull Emporium is open for business! It's located to the right of the Halloween Plaza and directly straight when you cross the bridge near Klippippiyyi River. :) It should help reduce spawn lag too.

We also have an updated pricing for skulls, so be sure to view that when you enter the Emporium. :)

EDIT: Who is building that giant wool thing near the Halloween Plaza?

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Has there been any talk about chat services like Team Speak or Raid Call? I know some of you use Skype but that's hardly optimized for gaming, and Minecraft is enough of a resource dump all by itself, without adding another resource dump on top of it.

EDIT: Are those extra spaces on the Halloween Plaza up for grabs? I wouldn't mind trying to build something different on the... whatever the other kind of dirt is called. I can't remember.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Has there been any talk about chat services like Team Speak or Raid Call? I know some of you use Skype but that's hardly optimized for gaming, and Minecraft is enough of a resource dump all by itself, without adding another resource dump on top of it.

What are those? I've never heard of those services before.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Pretty sure they're basically Skype but optimized to run better while playing games. I personally have no issue with the in-game chat tbh and am not always a fan of voice chat.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

EDIT: Are those extra spaces on the Halloween Plaza up for grabs? I wouldn't mind trying to build something different on the... whatever the other kind of dirt is called. I can't remember.

A lot of people like Mumble and it's a nice voice chat system for Minecraft.

Go for it. There's a single plot left and I can switch it to whichever grass you want. Podzol or mycelium.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • oh my god I was losing it every time before we would start a game of Predator. Gathering all of us in one little square yields some strange results. Definitely one of the best nights on the server! :D

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • oh my god I was losing it every time before we would start a game of Predator. Gathering all of us in one little square yields some strange results. Definitely one of the best nights on the server! :D

Really pleased you enjoyed it! :D I'll be building us an official Predator arena soon, after the Gauntlet event has completed!

Years
  • I'm guessing I need to post in this thread to be white-listed? If someone could white-list me that'd be appreciated! Not sure how much I'll play on there, but either way I'm sure it'll be fun! My in-game name is skyluigi, by the way.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'm guessing I need to post in this thread to be white-listed? If someone could white-list me that'd be appreciated! Not sure how much I'll play on there, but either way I'm sure it'll be fun! My in-game name is skyluigi, by the way.

You've been added to the server; have fun!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Can I ask a favor from some of you?

Please stop strip mining the ENTIRE map.

You are hogging all the resources from other members of the server and it's ridiculous. You don't need ten stacks of diamonds or any other ore. Stop. Strip. Mining.

It was bad enough that a few people strip mined out the entirety of our original world border map (aka a small space), but I'm already seeing strip mines across the new, quadruple-sized map. If you're strip mining, stop immediately and save resources for the rest of the gang that plays. If we get complaints again about a lack of resources, Matt and I will need to discuss the matter and possible consequences for those that continue to disregard this request.

Just be fair to everyone else. You all know the map is smaller than a normal one, so respect the rest of the players and sparingly take things before deciding you want them. I won't name who is doing this, but you know who you are if you're doing it. Just be kind and respectful. Please.

Thanks everyone.

---

In friendlier news, the new Skull Emporium is up! We're also preparing the server for our new Gauntlet event. Look forward to that and expect to win awesome prizes!

I've also constructed the new Transport Hub at spawn! From here, you can be teleported to different locations in the map that have significance or are far from spawn. If you'd like to buy a teleport space, just quote this post and let me know why your location deserves a space. If it's worthy of one of our limited spaces, you can select the space and we can customize it to your preference. There is a small fee to buy a space, which we can discuss once your location is accepted.

In addition to that, I am currently building an area where you will be able to purchase all prismarine blocks (sea lanterns and sponges included). Currently they are not available and I need to decide on pricing, but this is coming up soon and I'll make a post in here when that is ready. :) Just wanted people to have a heads up since our map does not have an ocean monument in it and some of you would like to build with the prismarine blocks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back