• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeDex Maker

Years
  • PokeDex Maker

what - a tool that generates a PokeDex image from your Essentials project data

why - got a lot of requests to see the whole PokeDex of my project, was too lazy to make the image manually, so I started working on this tool

how -
    - download tool from the link(s) below
    - input the path to your essentials project in the top-most textbox of the gui
    - optional: if you want to include a data bar containing the pokemon's name, dex number, and typings, check the 'add pbs data' parameter
    - hit generate

compatibility - OS: windows, essentials versions: tested on v18 and v17.2

tips -
    - if you have custom sprites for types/more types than vanilla essentials does in your game, go into the graphics/ folder and delete the types/ folder. on your next generation, the tool should grab those types sprites from your essentials project, as long as they're formatted the same as vanilla essentials (i.e. in Graphics/Pictures/Pokedex/icon_types.png).
    - the parameters 'black pixel threshold', 'low end threshold', and 'transparent bgs' are only for edge-cases where you may see artifacts in your sprites. generally leave these untouched.

downloads -
    - v1.0 (no essentials data): click here

issues -
    - may be flagged as a virus. hit 'more info' and then 'run anyway'. this happens bc i used pyinstaller (see here)
    - will not work with bg images that are smaller than your pokemon images

quick-start - assuming you haven't altered 1-151's sprites or data in your game - after following the instructions in the 'how' section above, and checking 'add pbs data', without changing anything else, you should get the same image as below.

Spoiler:

credits - the creators of pokemon essentials! if you use this tool, please credit me (pepperton)!​

Last edited:

Kobolite

Ludicolo is pretty cool i guess
    Years
  • For some reason it doesnt actually make an image of the pokedex i made and instead just loads the gen 1 dex with the OG 151 pokemon

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    it doesnt seem to quite work with v19.1 it might be because the pokemon images are arranged differently

Back