• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[pokefirered] Error when trying to add a new pokemon

Days
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I've been trying to add Stoutland into the game using the tutorial linked on the pokeemerald wiki and I have been running into a problem when trying to make the rom.
I have been getting this error
"tools/gbagfx/gbagfx graphics/pokemon/stoutland/normal.pal graphics/pokemon/stoutland/normal.gbapal
LF line endings aren't supported."
And I don't really understand what is happening. I am still very new to this and would like some help. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I've been trying to add Stoutland into the game using the tutorial linked on the pokeemerald wiki and I have been running into a problem when trying to make the rom.
I have been getting this error
"tools/gbagfx/gbagfx graphics/pokemon/stoutland/normal.pal graphics/pokemon/stoutland/normal.gbapal
LF line endings aren't supported."
And I don't really understand what is happening. I am still very new to this and would like some help. Thanks!
As the error is saying gbagfx doesn't support LF line endings, which your graphics/pokemon/stoutland/normal.pal file is using.
You should convert the file to use CRLF line endings instead. That can be done with various text editing programs or with unix2dos.

Back