• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[pokefirered] TM/HM Expansion & Reusable TMs

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    [Pokefirered] TM Expansion & Reusable TMs

Here is the repo.

TM Expansion:
    • This branch expands the TMs and HMs and updates their move IDs to that of Gen 7. All of the gen4+ moves are set to pound for the moment, until a battle engine is developed.
    • Includes improved tm disc animation graphics and tm numbering
    • HMs 01-08 are kept in the repo after TM100

Reusable TMs:
    • You can remove this feature by commenting out the #define REUSABLE_TMS in include/constants/items.h on line 409
    • Removes the Tm count in the tm case, prevents selling TMs, and prevents buying more than 1 of each TM.

Credits:
    • CFRU source
    • SBird1337's pokeemerald tm/hm expansion
    • AsparagusEduardo's pokeemerald tm shop

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • There's only one thing I've noticed about this too, is that it still displays how many of that TM is in the TM case, so the quantity needs to be removed so that the game treats it more like a Key Item. So there must be some code that defines the quantity that's displayed somewhere, it's good to experiment around with it and see how it can be improved as well!

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    There's only one thing I've noticed about this too, is that it still displays how many of that TM is in the TM case, so the quantity needs to be removed so that the game treats it more like a Key Item. So there must be some code that defines the quantity that's displayed somewhere, it's good to experiment around with it and see how it can be improved as well!

It shouldn't if you have REUSABLE_TMS defined in include/constants/items.h. Check TMCase_ItemPrintFunc to modify if you need to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi, I'm very new to the rom hacking scene but my buddies and I are making a rom hack and it came to the point where we had added our custom mons in, updated and added a bunch of moves into our rom, and are now at the point where we are making movesets and editing the TM list and are significantly limited with the 50 slots regular fire red has. This post by you seems like a good place to start in hopes of expanding the number of TMs in our game, but to be completely honest with you we have no idea how to get this to work. We've only stuck to simple rom hack applications so far such as PGE, Nameless sprite editor, and others, so how to get a repo to work is definitely way over our heads right now. I would greatly (extreme understatement) appreciate it if you could help by replying to me and provide something along the lines of a simple step by step tutorial on how to only add extra TM slots. Please and thank you, this is our last big hurdle we need to get over and I hope you can help us out!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi, I'm very new to the rom hacking scene but my buddies and I are making a rom hack and it came to the point where we had added our custom mons in, updated and added a bunch of moves into our rom, and are now at the point where we are making movesets and editing the TM list and are significantly limited with the 50 slots regular fire red has. This post by you seems like a good place to start in hopes of expanding the number of TMs in our game, but to be completely honest with you we have no idea how to get this to work. We've only stuck to simple rom hack applications so far such as PGE, Nameless sprite editor, and others, so how to get a repo to work is definitely way over our heads right now. I would greatly (extreme understatement) appreciate it if you could help by replying to me and provide something along the lines of a simple step by step tutorial on how to only add extra TM slots. Please and thank you, this is our last big hurdle we need to get over and I hope you can help us out!
    Given that you named binary hacking tools like PGE and Nameless Sprite Editor, it's clear that you're performing binary hacking.
    This contribution from Ghoulslash can only be really used as is by people who perform ROM Hacking by using the decompilation projects created by Pret.
    That's the reason why it's posted in the Decomp & Disassembly Tutorials section of the forum.
    Please make sure to read this in order to learn the differences.

Back