• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Absolution (FireRed)

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    hello. I'm trying to start making a rom hack of firered! the story is, you are a 26-year-old man in the alden (English, "old, wise friend") region. you wish to consult arceus to bring back your dead wife and son, who were killed while on a hunting trip by an ursaring. arceus is known to grant one wish of minor consequence to the world around. you feel personally responsible for the incident, and you feel a deep sense of guilt and regret for taking them on the trip with you. to reach arceus, you need to climb to the top of mount renata (Latin, "reborn") and be deemed worthy by having a party of 6 pokemon at or above the level of 55, and then by winning in a battle against it (it will be at level 70, knowing extremespeed, shadow ball, earthquake, and recover). this hack will not feature any new tiles, or any new pokemon. it will use a combination of gen 1-3 pokemon with vanilla tiles. I am looking for the following:
    -a spriter (high priority)
    -a storyteller
    -a dialogue writer (essential)
    -a scripter
    -a mapper
    while I can reuse FR/EM assets, come up with the story/dialogue on my own, script, and map, I could really use a team to really flesh this project out. at the moment, I do not have any fancy asm routines planned, but I do want to come up with some (I do have experience in asm). don't expect many later gen features; I feel like Gen 3's features are enough. however, things like a day/night system and headbutt trees are not just planned, but in my opinion, essential, as game freak really could have gone the extra mile and included these in gen 3+. this is not a decomp hack. this will be done in binary, using hex editing (and tools).
    I'd like to see what kind of events the community could come up with. I'd like to make hunting an important theme of the hack. What would be neat is some sort of "Big Game Hunting" zone with wild Ursaring, Tauros, etc. that you can catch (because actually hunting them would be bizarre). But it would function like normal, with them battling you. The Pokemon would be found in grass, but also be in the overworld, sometimes. Right now, I'm looking for ideas for an evil team, mostly. What kind of evil team, how they relate to the world around. Maybe they could be poachers who capture Pokemon in private property/public places, etc. Or reserved wildlife areas. So basically, what I'm looking for as well is:
    -story ideas (mostly evil team schenanigans)
    -fancy asm routines to incorporate into the story
    Current team members: ASchmidt93, ThyMoke (Dialogue)

Last edited:
    Back