• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Adventure - Green Chapter

Should I do a hack for the Anime Hack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
  • Nice work man! Not to pressure you or anything, but do you have an estimation of when the first beta will be released? Can't wait for this and Blue Chapters! XD

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Updated the sprites for Pokemon Adventure Green Intro

Pokemon Adventure - Green Chapter

Added the 3 new types: Fairy, Glitch and Shadow
    Added 8 new fairy moves (they don't replace any of the old moves).

Nice work man! Not to pressure you or anything, but do you have an estimation of when the first beta will be released? Can't wait for this and Blue Chapters! XD

I will upload the first beta when i feel I got the hack is at the point of release. Just that, I'm trying to fix up as many bug as I can :). Also, it's harder because I have to make new maps whereas for ADventure Red, I dont' really need to. Furthermore, lol, I can't do any updates for the time being as I just got 2 jobs, and I want to put them as priority first since I want to go traveling to New York soon :) .

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    I don't see any love for gold. :(
    Gold is personally one of my favorite.
    And gsc manga is personally my favorite volume.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I don't see any love for gold. :(
    Gold is personally one of my favorite.
    And gsc manga is personally my favorite volume.

I like GSC volume too. It was really dramatic and full of intense moment. I really like the Gymleader vs Gymleader battles section. Anyway, I like Gold lol, just that he's not my favorite. Just that if I compare Gold to Silver or Crystal, I'll prefer Silver or Crystal as they have more character development and backstory. I would've like Gold more than Red if he was the original since Red lack character development or backstory.

Red - I like him because he was the original and he was the champion
    Blue - I like him because he wasn't like his game or anime counterpart, but is actually a serious fighter.
    Green - I like her because she wasn't present in the game, only for me to find out that she was actually planned to be in the early Red/Blue/Green game but got scrapped early on due to limitations. Her back-story also interests me, sucks that she doesn't get much screen-time even in the FireRed/Leafgreen chapter where she and Red suppose to be the main focus (but at least all her screen time is interesting).
    Yellow - I like... hmm... I actually don't really know what I liked about her. I didn't like her arc at all.
    Gold - I like his humor. He kinda annoyed me at first but gotten better after reading a few chaps.
    Silver - Definitely the character with the most depth in the G/S/C chapter. His character development was also good. I also like the brotherly relationship he has with Green.
    Crystal - I like the strong female character.

Ruby - I like how he wants to be a coordinator. I was expecting him to do the gym battling.
    Sapphire - I love the fact that she's a gym battler.
    Emerald - Hate him/her, Don't like him/her.

Years
  • I agree with how you summed up the characters.Silver did have a great story development, I like how Crystal caught Pokemon, Emerald design was something else but gotta love how he meets two Pokedex holders (Round 320 if you don't want to read the Emerald arc entirety) and do you have future plans on Diamond and Pearl(Second best for me as Red is first), *SPIOLERS*SPOILERS*how they are a comedian duo and are mistakenly hired as bodyguards for Platinum and Platinums story arc?

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I agree with how you summed up the characters.Silver did have a great story development, I like how Crystal caught Pokemon, Emerald design was something else but gotta love how he meets two Pokedex holders (Round 320 if you don't want to read the Emerald arc entirety) and do you have future plans on Diamond and Pearl(Second best for me as Red is first), *SPIOLERS*SPOILERS*how they are a comedian duo and are mistakenly hired as bodyguards for Platinum and Platinums story arc?

Lol, I'll see. If I do, I'm probably going to hack the ds rom so I don't have to make the pokemon sprite, etc.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Updated the sprites for Pokemon Adventure Green Intro

Added the 3 new types: Fairy, Glitch and Shadow
    Added 8 new fairy moves (they don't replace any of the old moves).

I will upload the first beta when i feel I got the hack is at the point of release. Just that, I'm trying to fix up as many bug as I can :). Also, it's harder because I have to make new maps whereas for ADventure Red, I dont' really need to. Furthermore, lol, I can't do any updates for the time being as I just got 2 jobs, and I want to put them as priority first since I want to go traveling to New York soon :) .

Okay. I'm a patient person. I'll just pass the time by playing some X and Y! XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Please start making Blue Chapter my friend. The sound of progress.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    Wanted to make an account just to comment on this series of hacks. First off, Red Chapter is amazing. It's the only rom hack i've ever played that I can say I honestly enjoy as much as the core game series. As a huge fan of the manga I really appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to the Yellow chapter by far the most, since she's my favorite character and that chapter is one of my favorites, along with Ruby/Sapphire and Firered/Leafgreen.

Also, to comment on the names for Blue and Green, it's not as simple as you make it out to be. I personally prefer Green for the male and Blue for the female, but I can respect your preference and it does not interfere with my enjoyment of this hack at all.

It's not that those are the 'japanese' names, so much as between several well-respected translations of the manga, there exists a divide over which character should be called which. I dislike Green as the girl and Blue as the male not only because it conflicts with the japanese, but mostly because it conflicts with the retcon that FireRed and LeafGreen introduce, both in terms of the games and the manga. One scene even explicitly namedrops when Green borrows Red's Venusaur, and Red borrows Green's Charizard.

In other words, I think both ways have their argument. I think you should continue to do it however the heck you want since it's your hack. I just would like the recognition that the other naming scheme is also very sensible and that the people who support it aren't just a bunch of dumb weaboos.

Again, I adore your work. Keep on making pokemon exciting to play again!

Last edited:

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • I find it funny that people keep bringing this up. I personally don't care and I'm not saying that everyone is constantly doing this but I respectfully ask that anyone that would listen please refrain from things like "green is supposed to be blue", just as rockmanmegaman so kindly repeated over and over that this is not a hack of the Japanese version but the English version. I'm fine with the girl being green as she was on the instruction booklet of leafgreen "green". I'm not trying to start a war or arguement, I just believe that we should just respect his decision and simply enjoy playing this hack as he intended.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    It's just that, even know it's not directed at me, there's a slightly miffed feeling when your opinion is reduced to a strawman with tourettes in-game. I know rockmanmegaman has made a habit of taking out his issues on certain people via fourth-wall breaking. He has every right to do so and it's usually funny, even. I still don't think it's exactly worthless for me to bring up my response to it, though.

Sorry if I'm just beating a dead horse. I'd like to think both naming schemes are, at least, equally viable.

If anything, I think it's fairly funny that I didn't know about that going in. In my game, there are two characters named 'Green'.

Years
  • It's just that, even know it's not directed at me, there's a slightly miffed feeling when your opinion is reduced to a strawman with tourettes in-game. I know rockmanmegaman has made a habit of taking out his issues on certain people via fourth-wall breaking. He has every right to do so and it's usually funny, even. I still don't think it's exactly worthless for me to bring up my response to it, though.

Sorry if I'm just beating a dead horse. I'd like to think both naming schemes are, at least, equally viable.

If anything, I think it's fairly funny that I didn't know about that going in. In my game, there are two characters named 'Green'.

Its funny to read those herp derp npcs half of the comments in most hacks threads are comments that look like they are coming from a 6 year old it may sound offensive but its true

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Wanted to make an account just to comment on this series of hacks. First off, Red Chapter is amazing. It's the only rom hack i've ever played that I can say I honestly enjoy as much as the core game series. As a huge fan of the manga I really appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to the Yellow chapter by far the most, since she's my favorite character and that chapter is one of my favorites, along with Ruby/Sapphire and Firered/Leafgreen.

Also, to comment on the names for Blue and Green, it's not as simple as you make it out to be. I personally prefer Green for the male and Blue for the female, but I can respect your preference and it does not interfere with my enjoyment of this hack at all.

It's not that those are the 'japanese' names, so much as between several well-respected translations of the manga, there exists a divide over which character should be called which. I dislike Green as the girl and Blue as the male not only because it conflicts with the japanese, but mostly because it conflicts with the retcon that FireRed and LeafGreen introduce, both in terms of the games and the manga. One scene even explicitly namedrops when Green borrows Red's Venusaur, and Red borrows Green's Charizard.

In other words, I think both ways have their argument. I think you should continue to do it however the heck you want since it's your hack. I just would like the recognition that the other naming scheme is also very sensible and that the people who support it aren't just a bunch of dumb weaboos.

Again, I adore your work. Keep on making pokemon exciting to play again!

I never said people that support it are dumb or idiotic, just some of them. Because some of them say things that are dumb and idiotic. For example, this is literally what happened in my email back in the days:

Poster: The girl is named Blue, don't you know anything?!
    Me: Yeah, in the japanese, I'm going by the English version
    Poster: It's named Blue!
    Me: No... It's not.
    Poster: "send me a link from bulbapedia".
    Me: Yeah, look, it's Green for the girl.
    Poster: Yeah, that's because it's the english version.
    Me: Exactly, and this game is in ENGLISH!!
    Poster: Man, you love the dub? You're such a derp!

Before I've made the hack, I thought about whether to name the girl Blue and whether to name the boy Green. However, I've went with the Green as girl since this is one the official English Manga calls it. I think it stands the most since I'm using the official english name for everything else (e.g. Pokemon, gym leaders, etc).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back