• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Adventure - Green Chapter

Should I do a hack for the Anime Hack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    ROOT OF ORIGIN CHAPTER
    Pokemon Adventure - Green Chapter

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Finish remakign the Target Squirtle Chapter (Beta 2 screenshots replaced the old one)

New
    - Target Squirtle chapter take place strictly in Pallet Town, instead of how like in Beta 1 where you constantly backtrack between Pallet Town and Viridian City.
    - Pallet Town have a weather system
    - Prof Oak lab have shrunk
    - New graphical update to the town
    - New dialogues in Narrative
    - Scenes where Green and Silver actually plotting to take down the Masked Man
    - Mew have a new Ow sprite.
    - Target Squirtle Chapter is played differently.
    - In Snubbull Trouble chapter, you actually get to battle and catch the Snubbull, as oppose in Beta 1 where Silver gives it to you and then take it back right away.
    - Jasmine and Steelix plot is different than Beta 1.
    - In the narrative, Steel type have yet to be discovered. However, for gameplay purposes, I'm not going to remove the steel typing from the pokemon.
    - There'll be several scenes showing Green that builds up her frustration to the point where she eventually decide to steal from Prof Oak, and start her journey to gain money and resources, and get the most powerful pokemon to plot against the Masked Man.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • Finish remakign the Target Squirtle Chapter (Beta 2 screenshots replaced the old one)

New
    - Target Squirtle chapter take place strictly in Pallet Town, instead of how like in Beta 1 where you constantly backtrack between Pallet Town and Viridian City.
    - Pallet Town have a weather system
    - Prof Oak lab have shrunk
    - New graphical update to the town
    - New dialogues in Narrative
    - Scenes where Green and Silver actually plotting to take down the Masked Man
    - Mew have a new Ow sprite.
    - Target Squirtle Chapter is played differently.
    - In Snubbull Trouble chapter, you actually get to battle and catch the Snubbull, as oppose in Beta 1 where Silver gives it to you and then take it back right away.
    - Jasmine and Steelix plot is different than Beta 1.
    - In the narrative, Steel type have yet to be discovered. However, for gameplay purposes, I'm not going to remove the steel typing from the pokemon.
    - There'll be several scenes showing Green that builds up her frustration to the point where she eventually decide to steal from Prof Oak, and start her journey to gain money and resources, and get the most powerful pokemon to plot against the Masked Man.

Okay now the story is perfectly clear on why she stole the squirtle on the first place and also I wanted that snubbull :/... Everything is redone in terms of graphics, scripts and a little tweaks in the storyline... Anyways, you're back to fast updates and such so I see Beta 2 in the near future, maybe a month or two.. hmm.. And also if I haven't told you yet, Good Luck!~

Years
  • I can't wait for the Blue Chapter,I always wanted to play as the rival,I plyed the Red and the Green chapter anyway and they was really cool,congratulations!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    If I could make two suggestions...

-If you are going to make the Steel type still exist in the game, but through the story say that the type has not been discovered yet, it might be a good idea to edit the type's name to ???. If it has not been discovered yet, it would not make sense for the Pokedex to acknowledge the existence of the steel type, as it would have been programmed by Pokemon researchers who have yet to discovered that the type is Steel type. It would make sense to me if the type was named ???, as it would be possible that Pokemon researchers would have started to discover the existence of a new typing in certain Pokemon, but would not exactly know what it is.

-Do you make regular backups of your work? You said you had to restart due to a bug. It might be a good idea to make a backup everytime you make significant changes to your hacks, to avoid having to start your work all over from scratch.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    If I could make two suggestions...

-If you are going to make the Steel type still exist in the game, but through the story say that the type has not been discovered yet, it might be a good idea to edit the type's name to ???. If it has not been discovered yet, it would not make sense for the Pokedex to acknowledge the existence of the steel type, as it would have been programmed by Pokemon researchers who have yet to discovered that the type is Steel type. It would make sense to me if the type was named ???, as it would be possible that Pokemon researchers would have started to discover the existence of a new typing in certain Pokemon, but would not exactly know what it is.

-Do you make regular backups of your work? You said you had to restart due to a bug. It might be a good idea to make a backup everytime you make significant changes to your hacks, to avoid having to start your work all over from scratch.

Good suggestion! I'll edit Steel type to ??? :). Yeah, because the discovery of Steel type is a major discovery for Pokemon Gold Adventure. I make back up for the game. I actually didn't need to restart, however, I find restarting better because it allows me to redo past events, and it also allow me to add different engne into the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    Good suggestion! I'll edit Steel type to ??? :). Yeah, because the discovery of Steel type is a major discovery for Pokemon Gold Adventure. I make back up for the game. I actually didn't need to restart, however, I find restarting better because it allows me to redo past events, and it also allow me to add different engne into the game.

if you are making steel to ??? , what about weakness and strength, do they remain same as original?

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    if you are making steel to ??? , what about weakness and strength, do they remain same as original?

They will remain the same. I will only be changing "steel" to "???" for story purposes (however, I might end up leaving it). We'll see.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    I love your hack so far.. i only found a few buggs, (idk if someone found them, cause im on my phone and cant look torugh each page) oké buggs i found:
    when im in the forest(when Red catches the mew), after that there are oaks everywhere there is the part with the little girl in front of the lab, and one by the tall grass that says the grass is to long for me.

when i talk to the girl and oak in fornt of the lab the cutsene with red and the bulbasaur, oak asks what is your name and he says my name is green, then oak callls him green)

Also when i talk to the cubone infront of the grass my game crashes, also the oak and the girl are still there, when i talk to them ht sene plays again but not text apears and it crashes..

Hope this helps(again i could look trough all the pages)

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I love your hack so far.. i only found a few buggs, (idk if someone found them, cause im on my phone and cant look torugh each page) oké buggs i found:
    when im in the forest(when Red catches the mew), after that there are oaks everywhere there is the part with the little girl in front of the lab, and one by the tall grass that says the grass is to long for me.

when i talk to the girl and oak in fornt of the lab the cutsene with red and the bulbasaur, oak asks what is your name and he says my name is green, then oak callls him green)

Also when i talk to the cubone infront of the grass my game crashes, also the oak and the girl are still there, when i talk to them ht sene plays again but not text apears and it crashes..

Hope this helps(again i could look trough all the pages)

Green beta 1 is gltichy as hell.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    just curious after Beta 2 and Beta 8 of adventure Red will you start on Blue Adventures :D? sorry I know I am asking too much , but your hacks are awesome and finally allowing us to play the manga story which atleast to me is a lot more epic than Game Story or Anime Story

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    just curious after Beta 2 and Beta 8 of adventure Red will you start on Blue Adventures :D? sorry I know I am asking too much , but your hacks are awesome and finally allowing us to play the manga story which atleast to me is a lot more epic than Game Story or Anime Story

Pokemon Blue Chapter is already being made. I just haven't created a thread for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back