• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.
Days
    • Seen yesterday
    15.JPG
    Pokemon Aether and Chaos

About the game:
    I set out to create this game for two main purposes.
    The first was to write music, specifically focusing on guitar, bass and drum. I wanted a challenge to write pieces I wouldn't usually try, ranging from heavy to ambient styles.
    The second was to create a Pokemon experience that I always wished the games would provide. Some of these being:
    - The ability to use any line of Pokemon in your team and have them be viable for the entire journey.
    - Allow almost all Pokemon lines to have three or more evolutions.
    - Create a difficulty in which you cannot simply just over level to breeze through the game.

Story:
    The story is linear and was not my main focus for the game, so don't expect anything fancy. Simply put, you are a young trainer aspiring to become champion of the realm. To do so requires obtaining 8 gym badges and defeating the current champions. On your journey, a local professor asks you to collect data on Pokemon as he has noticed a disturbance in the aether, that being a rise in chaotic energy. The realm and all living things rely on the balance of the aether and chaos to live. As you progress, the chaos energy seems to be growing in large amounts and not through simple natural means...

What's different?
    - A whole new region to explore, the region of Thion
    - 357 total Pokemon with many totally new creations, both pre and post evolutions
    - Uses the original Gen 1 & 2 Pokemon lines
    - Many Pokemon have been given different typings
    - Two new types: Aether and Chaos
    - All Pokemon lines can be caught in the wild
    - Gen 8 battle mechanics
    - Super effective damage reduced to 3.3 and Not very effective increased to 1.15
    - A level cap for specific points of the game (can be turned off)
    - An entire soundtrack of roughly 80 tracks specifically created for this game

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Potential issues:
    I have play tested this for several months now.
    - The only issue I have not being able to fix is looking in the 'area' section of the Pokedex for some Pokemon. If there are more that people find, I'm happy to fix them.
    As this has been a solo project their may be more minor issues to which I'm sorry if they impede your experience.
    Fixes:
    - Fixed an issue where respawning before visiting a center would place you in the wrong location - 25/4/24
    - Fixed a crash when attempting to trade an old man in Floria Town - 28/4/24
    - Minor graphical fixes (including Team Chaos at the Aetheric Ruins)
    - A Move Deleter can now be found in Magnia City, Aquil City, and Altia Town Pokemon Centers

Tools used:
    - RPG Maker XP
    - Pokemon Essentials v20.1
    - Ableton
    - GIMP

Installation guide:
    - Download the link provided below and extract the files to your desired destination.
    - Run the Game.exe file.
    - Enjoy the game.

Download links:
    This is the first and only release of the game as of this moment.
    Mediafire

Credits:
    Thanks to all the previous fan games and main creators of the essentials project for any work used within this game. Namely, sprites, tile sets and plugins.
    If you notice anything you have done which has not been credited and would like to be added, please let me know.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Seems pretty cool, is there a place we can see a list of changes + the weaknesses/resistances of the new types

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Seems pretty cool, is there a place we can see a list of changes + the weaknesses/resistances of the new types
    Thanks for checking it out.

The weaknesses/resistances are as follows:
    Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    are there any pokedex rewards?
    I considered it, however I provide plenty of items along the way. Thus, it would be almost silly to have a reward system.

The idea is more that you can choose any Pokemon line that you like and use them for your entire journey. I.e. You like using Ekans, but Arbok doesn't really hold its own later on.

Additionally, with newly created Pokemon, I'd hope that it was intriguing enough to want to evolve and use a line to see what you could get.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hey, been enjoying the game so far. I did find a bug: for the houdour trade for Onix, each time I try to do it, the game crashes.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, been enjoying the game so far. I did find a bug: for the houdour trade for Onix, each time I try to do it, the game crashes.
    Thanks for letting me know. For some reason the game didn't like the name given to the trader. After changing the traders name, it now works as intended.
    Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for playing!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I am giving this a try, it is a really cool concept. Echo the speed up suggestion however using CE's speedhack works fine. I really like the music, nice job! The idea of having most mons have 3 stage evos is also very cool. A few questions:

1) Are all the TMs listed in the pokemon.txt file in the game (e.g., Nasty Plot, Dragon Dance, etc.)?
    2) What are the odds of a wild mon having its HA? Trying to find a Vulpix with Drought and I can't seem to get one.
    3) Are there QoL things like nature mints, move relearner, move tutors, ability capsule/patches, IV stones/bottle caps for Hyper Training, EV reducing berries, EV training items like Macho Brace and Power items - in the game? Or things similar?

I only just made it to the first gym, haven't tried it yet. Just exploring and catching what I can. I think the early game economy thus far is a bit rough, I basically sell everything I get to buy pokeballs to try and catch whatever looks cool. If I run into bugs I will post here. Thanks for any insights you can provide!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I am giving this a try, it is a really cool concept. Echo the speed up suggestion however using CE's speedhack works fine. I really like the music, nice job! The idea of having most mons have 3 stage evos is also very cool. A few questions:

1) Are all the TMs listed in the pokemon.txt file in the game (e.g., Nasty Plot, Dragon Dance, etc.)?
    2) What are the odds of a wild mon having its HA? Trying to find a Vulpix with Drought and I can't seem to get one.
    3) Are there QoL things like nature mints, move relearner, move tutors, ability capsule/patches, IV stones/bottle caps for Hyper Training, EV reducing berries, EV training items like Macho Brace and Power items - in the game? Or things similar?

I only just made it to the first gym, haven't tried it yet. Just exploring and catching what I can. I think the early game economy thus far is a bit rough, I basically sell everything I get to buy pokeballs to try and catch whatever looks cool. If I run into bugs I will post here. Thanks for any insights you can provide!
    Thanks for playing and reaching out.

1) Not all TMs are obtainable, I would say roughly 70% of what you see in the PBS file are found throughout the world and/or buy purchasing them.
    2) There is a 10% chance of a Pokemon having their hidden ability when caught.
    3) Think more simplistic and like the mainline games, particularly gen 3/4. However, I did implement certain things to ease potential grinds.
    For example:
    Happiness evolve amount needed is never max, usually around 180-200. And, most Pokemon start with higher happiness than normal.
    Most Pokecenters have a move relearner. To relearn a move you need a heartscale. There are heaps of these collected throughout the game.
    Showing IV and EVS in stats.

I think most games give way too much leeway. I tried to find a balance between too difficult and too easy. That goes for all things, battling, obtaining Pokemon, obtaining items, getting the stats you desire, etc.

The economy only seems tough at the start, you'll be surprised by how much money is gained as the game progresses and how many items you find on the way.

Hopefully that answers most of your questions and gives you some understanding of my vision of the game.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Back