• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Atlas Emerald (Beta 1.0rq) - Update Apr24

Years
    • Seen today
    How come my Torchick wil stop evolving

Thank You for going out of your way to fix that! Happy to help make this one of the best rom hacks out there. The difference I find between final and atlas that I wish was in Atlas is the usable tms and getting ex from catching Pokémon. Was that intentional?
    The game have a level cap, the max level at first is Lv. 15, each badge you acquire allow more 5 levels, after the 8th badge you can reach Lv. 100 without restrictions.

This is gameplay balancing related, because of the addition of new Regions, my intent to this game is to you enjoy your time and have feeling of progression, having side content to do in new areas, trying to break a little of the mold to rush to every gym leader as soon as possible.

The level cap was necessary to avoid overleveling and making the game a little more challenging, but not hard to be frustrating. That's why I still trying to figure out the best way to balance it.

I tried to add reusable TMs, but some of them had a problem and are consumed after use.

No exp capturing Pokémon is intentional, is design choice.

Also, why can't I patch over the old patch to update it?
    The patch always need to be applied in a clean Rom for updates.

Hope I helped!

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    The game have a level cap, the max level at first is Lv. 15, each badge you acquire allow more 5 levels, after the 8th badge you can reach Lv. 100 without restrictions.

This is gameplay balancing related, because of the addition of new Regions, my intent to this game is to you enjoy your time and have feeling of progression, having side content to do in new areas, trying to break a little of the mold to rush to every gym leader as soon as possible.

The level cap was necessary to avoid overleveling and making the game a little more challenging, but not hard to be frustrating. That's why I still trying to figure out the best way to balance it.

I tried to add reusable TMs, but some of them had a problem and are consumed after use.

Hope I helped!
    Ok thank you! This helps a ton. I was playing Final World before this. Can you find Pokémon in same locations? For example, tyrogue was in the cave where second gym is for Final World but I'm having trouble finding it now. In Gold and Silver it was a gift Pokémon so where would I find it here?

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024

Hope I helped!
    Hi! I've encountered another bug. I'm using a Meditite that just unlocked Hidden Power, and every time I go to select that move the game freezes. I could select any other move without a problem, it only happens when I go over that move, even if I don't select it.

Back